FaunaClassifieds - Announcements in Forum : Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds

Notices

View All Announcements (10) Announcements in Forum : Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds
01-11-2010 until 12-31-2029
WebSlave
FULL NAMES and COMPLETE VALID LOCATION are now required when posting in the classifieds sections

I've been hinting around at this for quite a while now, so I guess it is now time to make it official.

Much the same as FULL NAMES are required when posting within the BOI forums, this is now being extended to the classifieds forums as well. The reason for this is because I feel it behooves everyone buying and selling to know exactly WHO they are dealing with. In that, I mean if you are going to do business with someone, KNOW WHO IT IS you are dealing with. If they are using a fake name here, well, maybe that should be a red flag to you. If they want you to send your animals, merchandise, or payment to someone other than the name they are using here, well maybe, just maybe, you are being taken for a ride and they are trying to cover their tracks with one or more fake IDs. I would also pay attention to the location field within their profile. If this field says they are located in North Carolina, but they claim they really reside in Texas, well, why is that? That also should raise a BIG red flag for you.

The purpose of all this is to try to help you to help yourself keep from getting burned. We are not going to be responsible for your making a mistake, as all we can legitimately do is TRY to give you all the tools we can to help you to not make a big mistake. YOU are responsible, ultimately, for making the decision as to whether or not you feel comfortable engaging in a transaction with another party.

So if you see evidence of someone using a false name and/or location here, not only do I recommend that you thoroughly satisfy your own mind that you are making a wise decision, but I would like to ask you to also report any member who pulls a switcheroo with that information. They are violating the rules here, and we are going to make an effort to curtail that practice as much as is possible.

So please, help us to help YOU.