FaunaClassifieds - Announcements in Forum : Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds

Notices

Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks (like bumping and highlighting ads) require contributing level memberships.

Announcements in Forum : Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds
02-27-2021 until 12-31-2029
WebSlave
Concerning forum sponsorships

Yeah, I know, I don't audit for expired sponsorships all that often, so a lot of people get away with free months after their subscription expires. Too bad for me, I guess. But it's a thankless job auditing those things, and quite frankly a pain in the butt. Mostly because when I contact people about their sponsorship having expired, most don't even grant me the courtesy of a reply. Some that do, claim they will renew "soon", but rarely do so. So I wind up wasting a bunch of my time in that pursuit.

Seriously, is it all that tough for people to stay on top of their sponsorships themselves concerning when they are expiring?

So I have had enough. When your sponsorship expires, I will just delete it without any notice concerning chasing you down to see if it was just a slip up on your part. I am just going to assume you are no longer interested in the sponsorship and be done with it. This will cut out a LOT of wasted time in my life that I would much rather spend doing other, more pleasant, things.

BTW, once I delete your sponsorship, you lost your spot in the list. You are certainly welcome to then renew, but it will not be a renewal, you will be as a new sponsor. Meaning you will need to provide the sponsorship info to me again, and your sponsorship link goes to the bottom. Sorry, but I don't keep records of the text of the sponsorships, nor where each sponsorship is located in the list, so that information is lost when the sponsorship is deleted.

Hope this doesn't sound real harsh, but heck, maybe it needs to be. I don't think I am asking for a whole lot to keep this site up and running, but it sure would be nice if everyone here would at least have had enough courtesy to at least respond to my private messages when I asked them about their intentions for their expired sponsorship.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE CHASING PEOPLE DOWN FOR MONEY!!!!

So I am going to just quit doing it.

01-19-2020 until 02-19-2090
WebSlave
Concerning the classifieds forums on this site

I know this topic has come up many times over the past, whether it be in response to a thread, or a private message or email directly to me, but I think this needs to be formalized as a policy in such a way that those people who may not be aware of their own personal responsibilities when posting and/or responding to classified ads here can be made aware of this site wide policy.

Specifically, the staff, administrator, owner, programmer, consultants, server technical staff, nor anyone else in a management or supporting function for this site will NOT be held responsible for your poor decisions concerning who you do business with.

No one here in a management or support position audits the classified ads or advertisers for accuracy, legitimacy, trustworthiness, legality, nor past evidence of anyone engaging in actions contrary to the above. We are only providing a medium and service for anyone with a desire to post classified ads for public viewing to be able to do so. This is also for people interesting in such ads to reply to them and make their own private arrangements, if they so desire, to engage in a transaction with one or more parties in that pursuit. We will not, and cannot, advise, nor imply advise or guidance, as to whether your purchase, sale, trade, or any other relationship or contact with another party is in your best interests, legal in your area, or without potential risk of loss. Just because a classified ad is on this site does not imply that such ad or advertiser is something or someone that has been vetted and approved to guarantee that you can trust the information or the poster of such information. The risk of any potential losses of any kind falls squarely and solely upon your own shoulders, as you are expected to do whatever diligent research you consider prudent concerning whatever actions you are considering engaging in with another party. It is your money, so do whatever you deem prudent to guarantee to yourself that you are spending it wisely. We cannot help you before nor after the fact if things don't turn out as you had hoped for. Ads will not be deleted on your request. Advertisers will not be banned on your request. We will not act as judge or jury in any such disputes.

As such, your contacting any staff about your personal issues with another member in any manner will be a fruitless effort on your part. Any information you impart will merely be hearsay to us. We cannot act on any such correspondence in any manner. If you wish to blow off some steam, then sure, fire away. But understand that our taking your word on anything and acting on that information puts us in legal jeopardy. Your rendition of the story might not be factual or truthful. We have no way of knowing. And we just do not have the resources available to try to get to whatever is the actual truth.

=====================
ADDENDUM ADDED 02-22-2021 in reference to BOI style posts mentioned in the paragraph following this addendum:

Effective immediately, replies made to classified ads that are of a BOI style nature will be solely under the control of the original author of a classified ad thread. But that sole remedy will be to delete the ad in order to be able to delete the replies. An exception to this general rule will be in any case that it appears obvious that the poster of such replies is causing widespread abuse across various classified ads, and his or her intent is obviously of ill intent. Things such as hounding someone because the viewer does not like the price being offered or OUR OPINION of frivolous nitpicking will be looked at closely as possible abuse. This will be at the discretion of the moderators, and does not imply that any and all claims by the original author of such classified ads will result in any action by the staff here. Just because YOU may have an unhappy customer of yours hounding you about their dissatisfaction with YOU, is not cause for staff to act in your behalf. YOU have the power to do something about it, even though you may consider that power to being somewhat drastic. Regardless, that will be your responsibility and your ONLY recourse.

Accordingly with the above in mind, BOI style posts are ONLY going to be allowed when they are posted as REPLIES to existing classified ad threads that have been created by the target of such replies. Starting a new thread anywhere on this site, including within the classifieds section with the goal of referring to anyone as a "good guy" or a "bad guy" in any way, shape or form, is not allowed on this site and will result in an infraction and the thread being deleted. As I have mentioned before, this Board Of Inquiry style posting will only be acceptable as an internal function solely with the goal of helping to inhibit "bad actors" from advertising on this site. What happens elsewhere is no longer permitted to be aired here. If you make a deal on any other site or though any other function other than directly through the classified ads here, that is no longer any of this site's concern. Nor will this site be used to air any such incidents.

And as such, I strongly urge all advertisers to limit correspondence with potential buyers and sellers ONLY via the private messaging function of this site. This forces contacts to register on the site in order to contact you, and therefore gives the staff here some power over helping to keep "bad actors" that register using false ID information from being able to access YOU in order to try to snare you in fraudulent offers. But that is up to you. And YOU need to report such incidents. Staff will not be aware of it unless YOU make that effort. Of course, if you provide your phone number, email address, or whatever alternate contact method you choose, and someone contacts you and defrauds you in that manner, again, that is not any of our concern. That will be considered as taking place EXTERNALLY to this website.

In consideration of the above, the staff here will only have a single recourse of looking into any accused "bad actor" and determine if they have used false information to register an account on this site. You will need to provide evidence of such a claim. And if such registration info is determined to be false, the account accordingly will be banned or deleted. Sorry, but that is the sole remedy available to us as an official recourse.

This change in policy and method is all being designed to try to help YOU when you try to do business here, and otherwise engage with others with trades, or other exchanges of merchandise and money. If you fail to take the necessary steps to protect yourself in reasonable and suggested manners, then when you get scammed, you know who to look to for your failure to protect yourself. You and YOU alone. Scammers are out there, and they are looking for YOU to scam. We will try to help all we can to prevent that from happening, but ultimately YOU make the decision of who to do business with. YOU have to understand that no blocks or attempted protections will ever be completely foolproof. So plan accordingly.

Please reference the following thread if you have questions or need any clarification about this policy change.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=750570

=====================

+++++++++++++++++++++
In reference to the above addendum, the below paragraph is no longer valid:

With the removal of the Board of Inquiry forums on 02-02-2020, any and all postings about any party, whether a member or not, whether positive or negative, will not be allowed anywhere on this site. This includes posting experiences about them, their policies, their personality, how they talked to you on the phone, or anything else concerning recommendations for or against doing business with them. This specifically includes replies in the classifieds sections to any ads they place on this site. Those sorts of postings simply will not be tolerated nor permitted to remain. Doing so will simply result in such postings being removed and the poster incurring infractions for violating the rules of the site. Such postings being removed and the imposition of infractions are not to be construed as any actual nor implied advocacy for or against either side of any such arguments, it is merely and solely the objective enforcement of the rule against posting any such information on this site.
++++++++++++++++++++++

Concerning legality of animals or items being offered for sale, I am sorry, but we cannot do the investigative research necessary to determine what is legal or illegal in every jurisdiction across this planet. You are expected to know the laws that pertain to you and any party you are considering engaging in a business transaction with. If in doubt, either do the research necessary to determine your legal liability, or simply decline to participate in the transaction if you have any doubts.

This site is here to offer interested members the ability to buy, sell, and trade animals and merchandise they are interesting in and willing to deal with. We provide the medium for this service, and except for enforcing violations of the site's rules, that is the sole extent of our involvement in this pursuit that you, the membership, engages in. You are responsible for your own decisions, no one else. So please choose wisely concerning what you buy, sell, or trade, and who it is you choose to do business with.

07-26-2014 until 12-30-2030
WebSlave
Company banner logos in classified ad thumbnails

Please note that although I generally prefer members using the classifieds to post actual photos of their animals in the thumbnail for their ads, some people have been using this function to display a logo banner instead of an animal for sale or a representative example animal. The only members I will allow this to take place for will be sponsors for the particular forum those ads appear in. They are already paying for a sponsorship link anyway, and I guess allowing them this perk is suitable and appropriate, all things considered.

To all that this may apply to, please comply ASAP.

04-07-2014 until 12-30-2030
WebSlave
Creating a classified ad - HOW TO

If anyone is confused about how to post a classified ad on this site, I created a HOW TO that is posted in the Feedback Forum that might be of some help. -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=1701708

04-06-2012 until 12-30-2029
WebSlave
Indirect advertising linking to Facebook or other websites

I'm sorry, but the classifieds sections on this website have been put into place for members to advertise their animals, services, merchandise, etc. with the intention that those sales or wanteds offerings take place HERE. As such, I believe using the classified sections of this site to merely point a viewer to your own website, or your page on another website, or any competing service site, is an abuse of this privilege. If you want to advertise HERE, then you are certainly welcome to do so. Any indirect advertising of the type mentioned above will be removed upon discovery, and can result in infraction points for the member abusing the resources of this site in that manner.

If you wish to advertise an alternative website or page, then I would suggest that you purchase global site banner ads or other advertising services at my http://www.FaunaAds.com website and do so in that manner.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

01-11-2010 until 12-31-2029
WebSlave
FULL NAMES and COMPLETE VALID LOCATION are now required when posting in the classifieds sections

I've been hinting around at this for quite a while now, so I guess it is now time to make it official.

Much the same as FULL NAMES are required when posting within the BOI forums, this is now being extended to the classifieds forums as well. The reason for this is because I feel it behooves everyone buying and selling to know exactly WHO they are dealing with. In that, I mean if you are going to do business with someone, KNOW WHO IT IS you are dealing with. If they are using a fake name here, well, maybe that should be a red flag to you. If they want you to send your animals, merchandise, or payment to someone other than the name they are using here, well maybe, just maybe, you are being taken for a ride and they are trying to cover their tracks with one or more fake IDs. I would also pay attention to the location field within their profile. If this field says they are located in North Carolina, but they claim they really reside in Texas, well, why is that? That also should raise a BIG red flag for you.

The purpose of all this is to try to help you to help yourself keep from getting burned. We are not going to be responsible for your making a mistake, as all we can legitimately do is TRY to give you all the tools we can to help you to not make a big mistake. YOU are responsible, ultimately, for making the decision as to whether or not you feel comfortable engaging in a transaction with another party.

So if you see evidence of someone using a false name and/or location here, not only do I recommend that you thoroughly satisfy your own mind that you are making a wise decision, but I would like to ask you to also report any member who pulls a switcheroo with that information. They are violating the rules here, and we are going to make an effort to curtail that practice as much as is possible.

So please, help us to help YOU.

08-01-2009 until 12-31-2029
WebSlave
Please check the FEEDBACK FORUM for help!

If something does not work correctly, or perhaps something has changed here that you are not aware of, PLEASE check the Feedback Forum in the Admin Area of this site. That is where I will be posting information that might have a bearing on what you are experiencing. Changes can happen here as needed, when needed, and there is just no way I can contact everyone before hand to let them know of the pending changes. I'm sorry, but I just cannot take the time to respond to maybe hundreds of emails from people perplexed and wanting me to personally relate to them why they can no longer do something that they used to be able to do. So, quite frankly, I will just have to ignore those emails and not reply. Or, at best I may just request that you check the Feedback Forum for an answer to your question.

https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...splay.php?f=44

This is just FYI to let you know that there IS a place on this site where such information is posted, or if you can't find the answer, then you can ask it there to get an answer to help you.

09-24-2008 until 12-31-2029
WebSlave
Thumbnail photos for classified ads

As some of you may have noticed a new modification (09/24/08) has been added to the classifieds sections in order to allow thumbnail photos to be displayed in the topic line of your ad when viewing the forum.

This is an automated feature that will take the FIRST uploaded photo as an attachment, and display it in that area of your ad. If you have an older ad without an attachment, this can be added IF you have the ability to edit your ad to add an attachment. Since there is a time limit on post editing, not everyone will be able to do this for every ad they have here. In that case, the best solution may be to delete your old ad and simply create a new one with the attachment(s) you want in there.

Hope everyone likes the new mod!

BTW, I would like to put a restriction on the use of that function. It is for the display or ANIMALS only, and is not to be used for a logo of your business, or any sort of generic graphic that denotes a sale, auction, or anything of that nature. It needs to be SOLELY used for the display of the animals you are trying to sell. Otherwise, I can see where this will get way out of hand, and eventually negate the entire purpose of having that mod done here.

I hope everyone understand my reasoning behind wanting to have the classifieds this way.

09-21-2008 until 12-31-2029
WebSlave
Using the PREFIX tags for your classified ads

One new feature of this upgraded version of vBulletin that I have been playing with lately is the capability of creating tags as a prefix for a newly created thread. What this does is to allow a member to more easily determine a general category that a thread may be in.

In the classifieds sections, I have put in the following thread prefix tags:
  • [For Sale]
  • [Wanted]
  • [Trade]

Hopefully this will help keep things more organized in those particular sections. One neat feature that might come in handy with these prefex tags is that once those tags have had a chance to be more heavily utilized, you can set up a filter for viewing a classified forum that will limit the display to ONLY those threads with the tag prefix that you select. So if you only wanted to look at the FOR SALE threads, you could filter out all of the rest of them.

To give you some examples on how to use this feature, here's some help.

When you create a new thread (classified ad) in this section, you will see a new drop box available.

Clicking on the down arrow will show you a list of available prefix tags to apply to your new thread. In this instance, I selected "For Sale".

Now when you complete your thread (classified ad) and submit it, here's how it will look when that classified section is viewed:

Marking each thread with the appropriate prefix tag will make it VERY easy for members to see what category (For Sale, Wanted, etc.,) your thread is in.

But wait! There's more!

After this has been used for a while, suppose you ONLY want to view those threads that are in the For Sale category? Well, you can do that, by simply using the Display Options section for the forum. Notice below that there is a new option available for those prefix tags.

Using that drop down menu, you can select any one of the tags, or ALL of them or no prefixes. So, for instance, if you selected to view only the threads tagged with the For Sale prefix,

Here's an example of what that display would look like using that option:

For now, I am making the use of those prefix tags optional in the classifieds section, and mandatory in the BOI sections.

But see how EASY that is?

09-08-2006 until 12-10-2029
WebSlave
Classifieds User Control Panel

Please read this notice about the *new* Classifieds Control Panel recently implemented.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=86491 For a direct link to your own classifieds control panel -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/classifieds.php?