PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Hognose food refusal

Melisssss
11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
I have a pair of Mexican Hognose snakes that I got around 10/18/07. The female eats unscented f/t pinkies right away even thought she was eating only scented pf/t pinkies before I got her. The male is a different story. I cannot get him to eat not matter how often or how little I try. Troy was scenting with cricket frogs which I cannot get here anywhere so I have been using tuna juice. He will not take scented f/t or unscented. I have left them in overnight in a paper bag with him and still no luck. I have placed them in his mouth...he spits them out. He is fast approaching a month without eating and for a hatchling snake, I would think that to be rather too long.

I am out of ideas. Does anyone else have any or is he just going to be one of those snakes that dies due to non-feeding?

jpatino
11-08-2007, 03:48 AM
i have heard that you can try feeding them guppies to get them to eat. i don't remember where i heard it or if it works as mine ate unscented from when i got them.

jpatino

99Vengeur
11-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Have you tried braining the pinkies, or even offering live? You might want to try a toad or lizard to get one meal in him.

ladyserpent7
11-18-2007, 06:45 AM
hows it goin with the feeding..anything yet.