PDA

View Full Version : Lasagna???

Miss Tuniwha
05-03-2009, 09:43 PM
I dont like the riccatta cheese or whatever.

I just want meat, shredded cheese and noodles..

any recipes to fit that tab?

Keep in mind I can.. um.. pour cereal!!!! and even then, half of the cereal goes onto the counter top.:rofl:

critical bill
05-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I just want meat

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Miss Tuniwha
05-03-2009, 10:28 PM
and I love cheese.. and we all know how cheesy you are hunny :P

Tiger Lilly
05-03-2009, 10:40 PM
How do you feel about cottage cheese? I have a lasagna recipe that'll knock your socks off & it's EASY. Don't knock it until you try it.
Guess I'll have to hunt down the book it's in...

wyldwurm
05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
How do you feel about cottage cheese? I have a lasagna recipe that'll knock your socks off & it's EASY. Don't knock it until you try it.
Guess I'll have to hunt down the book it's in...

I use cottage cheese, great suggestion....can't stand "ricaca" cheese

Miss Tuniwha
05-03-2009, 11:54 PM
I have not tried it with cottage cheese.. I DO like cottage cheese.. just not sure about the texture..

I am picky :(

Tiger Lilly
05-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Sweetie, I'm about as picky as they come as far as food is concerned; you'll never know it has cottage cheese in it!
Crap! I just looked for the cookbook with the lasagna recipe in it & can't find it...I think I let one of my kids borrow it. Gotta remember to get it back so I can post it.

Miss Tuniwha
05-04-2009, 01:05 AM
well, I am waiting darling!

Tiger Lilly
05-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Ok, young lady, I posted it on a new thread. That is, you understand, just the recipe I started with. I was cooking for a small army, so along with doubling the recipe, I added an extra pinch of this & a little dollop of that.
Try it, bet you'll like it!

Uroboros
05-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Ricatta cheese is just fine, tyvm!!! Feta has the more substantial texture, however.

crotalusadamanteus
05-29-2009, 07:27 AM
I have not tried it with cottage cheese.. I DO like cottage cheese.. just not sure about the texture..

I am picky :(

Took a girl out once for a really nice meal. She was picky too. Wouldn't eat it because everything on her plate was touching the item next to it. :rolleyes:

I'm like, "Oh my god. You had something worse then that in your mouth last night, but THIS grosses you out?" :rofl:

Needless to say, next time I took her to Mc Donalds so everything came in it's own little wrapper. I'm glad she ain't around anymore. :thumbsup:

TheFragginDragon
05-29-2009, 07:35 AM
OMG you uncultured culinary hacks, is Ricotta, not riccatta, not riccacca, not rickshaw......my nana would jump out of her grave and haunt me just for misspelling it!:rofl::rofl::rofl:.

J/K my friends, and don't tell my nana, but lasagna made with the cottage cheese ain't half bad :thumbsup:.

Miss Tuniwha
05-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Took a girl out once for a really nice meal. She was picky too. Wouldn't eat it because everything on her plate was touching the item next to it. :rolleyes:

I'm like, "Oh my god. You had something worse then that in your mouth last night, but THIS grosses you out?" :rofl:

Needless to say, next time I took her to Mc Donalds so everything came in it's own little wrapper. I'm glad she ain't around anymore. :thumbsup:

I am like that.. but not to THAT degree.. I mean.. depending.. I guess it depends on what the hell she ordered. I know I usually ask for an extra plate so I can put some stuff on it to keep my "main" plate spacious.

BUT.. I was also raised VERY very poor.. so if it is an expensive meal.. I would still have eaten it for sure..

OMG you uncultured culinary hacks, is Ricotta, not riccatta, not riccacca, not rickshaw......my nana would jump out of her grave and haunt me just for misspelling it!:rofl::rofl::rofl:.

J/K my friends, and don't tell my nana, but lasagna made with the cottage cheese ain't half bad :thumbsup:.

I was waiting for some pure bred Italian to come in here guns a blazin'

ha ha ha ha

I made the lasagna AND some Manicotti mmmmm both were delicious, and about a million calories. Although.. NEVER making manicotti again.. took a dang hour to stuff those things..

crotalusadamanteus
05-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I am like that.. but not to THAT degree.. I mean.. depending...

Do you rinse after each bite so you don't mix the tastes of the different foods too? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Like I said, I'm glad she ain't around any more. :yesnod:

All this talk about Italian food. Yer gonna make me have to go and get something now.

Wraith
05-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I dont like the riccatta cheese or whatever.
I just want meat, shredded cheese and noodles..
any recipes to fit that tab?
Keep in mind I can.. um.. pour cereal!!!! and even then, half of the cereal goes onto the counter top.:rofl:

If you are a cheese person (and you HATE ricotta like I do), and you enjoy velveeta cheese, then this is for you...

10 cheese Lasagna recipe

--16 oz. block of mozzarella -- grate it.
--8 cup package of shredded Sargento Italian 6 cheese mix
--8 cup package of shredded Sargento Mexican 4 cheese mix

Mix all the grated cheeses together in a large bowl.

--medium box of Velveeta cheese.

Cut velveeta up into small 1/2" diced pieces

Any 2 boxes of noodles. I actually do not use the standard lasagna noodle strips. I prefer the little mini lasagna noodles when I can find them (hard to find), and usually end up using rotini, etc... get creative.

Cook the noodles then rinse off in cold water.

--large jar of speghetti sauce (I normally use Ragu original)
--2-3 lbs of ground hamburger (80/20 or 90/10 is best) - if you want to be healthier.. use all venison, or split the amount between half ground burger, half ground venison if you can't tolerate straight venison.

Brown the meat, drain any grease off.
In a large pot, mix the sauce and noodles in with the meat.

In a large pan (may need more than one pan)... I usually use a large disposable aluminum foil turkey pan with handles.

put a layer of meat/noodles/sauce on the bottom....
Put a layer of velveeta squares
Put a layer of the grated cheeses
Repeat process until pan is full.
Once pan is full, use any left overs to fill or partially fill another pan.
Cover pans lightly with tin foil and put in oven.
Cook at 350F until the velveeta squares in the center of the pan are thoroughly melted....could take up to 45-60 minutes..just keep checking pans until the cheese is melted.

Usually I work on prepping the cheeses while the meat and noodles are cooking so putting it all together is actually pretty fast to do. The hard part is waiting for the oven to cook the cheeses down to the proper melting points <g>. Left overs heat up very nice in a microwave.

I did the half burger / half vension version one year for a party... people who swore up and down that they hated venison could not even tell there was venison in it ...the pan was scraped clean by the time the party was over. <g>.

Miss Tuniwha
05-29-2009, 08:07 PM
ooh, Adrian..

considering its just me and my hubby.. I don't think the amount of food for an army that the recipe you posted would be needed

LOL

BUT

I really like the idea of HOW it was put together.. those big lasagna noodles were a pain in my big tan back side.

so I will be using your style next time around..

thanks ^_^

crotalusadamanteus
05-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Hell, I'd mac half of that by myself! :yesnod: If you left out the velveeta anyway. :rofl:

Miss Tuniwha
05-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Do you rinse after each bite so you don't mix the tastes of the different foods too? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I may have when I was younger.. (my OCD was VERY bad back then, like, brushed my teeth 13 times a day, wear gloves kind of bad)

because now, I HAVE to have something to drink while eating.. and after every couple bites I take a drink..

if no drink.. no eat..

*shrugs*

Wraith
05-29-2009, 09:36 PM
ooh, Adrian..

considering its just me and my hubby.. I don't think the amount of food for an army that the recipe you posted would be needed

Ah...that's where you simply package up the lasagna in single serve portions to freeze for future use <g>.

In our house, that amount rarely lasts more than 3 days tops.

Wraith
05-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Hell, I'd mac half of that by myself! :yesnod: If you left out the velveeta anyway. :rofl:

Velveeta (believe it or not) is what makes the recipe work so well. Without it, you don't get the real "cheesy" factor and it holds in the moisture... I had someone try to make and they complained about how "dry" it all was and that it tasted nothing like how I made it. I responded with..."you left out the velveeta from the recipe didn't you" and sheepishly they were like "yeah" so I was like.. "that's why ...duh" LOL. I am not much of a velveeta fan myself, but in lasagna it is da bomb.