PDA

View Full Version : LoLo's sticky chicky

Laura Fopiano
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
The secret is in the sauce LOL

This is the only thing that my kids and adopted kids ask for when I go home to visit. It is the closest thing to my heart as it was devised when I was a single mother and my most favorite cherished dish.
I was very poor and was originally called kitchen sink chicken because the sauce had everything in it but the kitchen sink LOL

2 pounds of boneless chicken pieces cut into bite sized chunks cooked and drained. Set aside but keep warm

The sauce.....1/4 cup of teriyaki glaze give or take
1/4 cup of any bbq sauce give or take
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tea spoon or more of red pepper or cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 box of golden brown or dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons of honey
Worcestershire sauce about a teaspoon give or take
teaspoon or so of butter...real butter not that yucky stuff
small finely chopped onion
seasoned salt to taste

Now for the fun part and this can go wrong. Sautee the onion in butter under low heat, butter can scorch so constantly stir until onions are almost translucent.
Now add all of the engridiance together, stirring
constantly. This sauce needs to bubble and cook for about 15 minutes as it condenses and becomes sticky. Sugar can burn so keep your fire or heat medium low to avoid burning or scorching.
When the sauce has reached a desired consitancy, poor over the chicken and toss untill all of the chicken is coated.
Serve with cheesy mashed potatoes and white corn.
Bon Appetite!

critical bill
05-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Everybody in line behind me......we are on our way to Laura & Brian's house! We can all take turns ringing the bell.

No wonder Brian is always seems so happy. Fine lady, fine food........

Thanks for the recipe!

Bill & Amy
05-04-2009, 09:40 PM
When I read the title I had to check and see what section we were in. :rofl:

Mooing Tricycle
05-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Im going to try making this stuff for gordon! Betchya he will LOVE IT! THANKS for sharing laura!!!

Lucille
05-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm definitely going to try this for Michael when he comes home next week, sounds delicious!

wyldwurm
05-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I printed this out. Going to make it this weekend. Sounds yummy!

BryonsBoas
05-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Everybody in line behind me......we are on our way to Laura & Brian's house! We can all take turns ringing the bell.

No wonder Brian is always seems so happy. Fine lady, fine food........

Thanks for the recipe!

Sorry bro, never had it. I do 99% of the cooking currently.