PDA

View Full Version : My girl will not eat

presto120270
11-14-2009, 09:03 PM
I got a little hoogie in Sept. She ate right out of the box when she was shipped to me. I was feeding her 2 inkies a week without issue. She was about 10 inches when I got her. Now at about 12 inches. she has not eaten in about 4 weeks. Is it normal for hoggies to go off feed withotu notice like my balls? Also where can I get amphibian scent to put on some food for her? Is it ok to use egg yolk? The egg yolk thing I heard somewhere about something but cannot remeber if it was about feeding hogs.

Thanks so much

charleshanklin
11-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Some things that are easie to obtain to scent with are tuna fish water, salmon water, and fish oil capsules are some of the things that have worked for me in the past. How do you have her set up? The colder weather might be making her want to shut down and winter.

presto120270
11-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Well the she is a ten gal right now. aspen with two hides. I got two lights on her, both for heat. a blue night light and a sun light. I turn the sunny one off avbout 8pm every night. she is about 80-85 at day and 75-73 at night.

thanks

Some things that are easie to obtain to scent with are tuna fish water, salmon water, and fish oil capsules are some of the things that have worked for me in the past. How do you have her set up? The colder weather might be making her want to shut down and winter.

dsmccracken1
12-24-2009, 05:55 PM
mine went 4 months without eating. My proff. at school suggested putting him in a smaller container (coolwhip container with holes in lid) and then just leave the mouse and the snake in there. I checked on it 3 hours later, and both pinkies disappeared and he has been feeding fine ever since