PDA

View Full Version : Who do you prefer to buy feeders from? POLL

hupababy_83
09-12-2010, 03:25 AM
I hear Mice Direct and Rodentpro are the top feeder services on line, for frozen rats, mice, etc. I also know people prefer smaller personal breeders for theirs feeder supplies. I have purchased from Rodentpro once before and it was ok. I'm just starting to breed my own feeders, so until that gets booming I was wondering who the majority of the forum prefer as a feeder supplier!! I would greatly appreciate your input.

Respectfully,
Betty Mae Scott

hhmoore
09-12-2010, 03:59 AM
I have 3 sources - 2 of which are online. I use both Mice Direct and Rodent Pro. I favor Mice Direct, but tend to use Rodent Pro when what I need is on sale.

SERPENTS DEN
09-12-2010, 04:21 AM
I purchase some of my rodents from Brian @ American Rodent Supply http://www.americanrodent.com/welcome.html and if shipping cost wasn't an issue I would also purchase rodents from Bill @ Loxahatchee Rodents http://www.loxahatcheerodents.com/

:thumbsup:

Shadera
09-12-2010, 04:42 AM
I use only Loxahatchee. The others I tried didn't meet my expectations.

I breed my own mice and soft furs.

Melinda
09-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I use The Mouse Factory when I can't buy them locally. I tried rodent pro several times and was not happy with the quality. The Mouse Factory is always clean, packaged neatly and fresh.

I did breed my own for awhile but it was not fun. Can't beat the price of making them yourself though.

Miss Tuniwha
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I have been using American Rodent Supply for quite a while now.. The Free shipping for my area is very handy, and have good luck with the rodents :D

crissabella
09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I've used both RodentPro and The Mouse Factory as my suppliers. I've gone more with The Mouse Factory these days and have been very happy with the quality of their rodents.

SPJ
09-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Bill @ Loxahatchee Rodents http://www.loxahatcheerodents.com/

Best I have found so far.

Cp3_Pythons
09-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I use a few suppliers and a 2 breeders located In Va for my feeders
Since trying to switch everything over to frozen I've delt with 1 gentleman exclusively located In Va and to this date he's never let me down...

I prefer to stay away from both RodentPro as well as Mice Direct as shipping can be quite costly if you dont maximize the packaging

hupababy_83
09-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Interesting. So far the smaller sellers seem to be in favor. I thought it would be total opposite. Other than the self supplier.

Alex G
09-13-2010, 01:49 AM
I LOVE buying from small suppliers, especially when they're local to me. They have always been very kind and transactions really feel more personal, and local people will often sell close to the prices of online sellers, minus the outrageous shipping :)

AK907
09-15-2010, 03:28 PM
I used to use a local breeder before I moved. Still got a few left. I hear DAND is the man to get feeders from around here. I'm hoping he has what I need so I can go through him because he lives close to me.

I have the means to breed my own, however I have a wife and she likes playing with thier food. If I tried breeding feeders we would be up to our eyeballs in pet rats (we already are up to our necks). A couple of our pet rats were meant to be feeders actually and the Mrs. got attached.

lpcad
09-16-2010, 12:48 AM
A couple of our pet rats were meant to be feeders actually and the Mrs. got attached.

LOL:rofl: I learned to feed them off when mine wasn't around.

I've used rodent pro a fair amount. They vend our local show, so I don't have to get them shipped.

DISCERN
09-16-2010, 02:29 PM
I have used The Big Cheese Rodent Factory since they have started, and their quality and service has been unsurpassed. Top-notch quality of mice and rats. All rodents are vacuum sealed for freshness. Sizes are great as well, very concise and large-bodied. Prices are great as well!!! You can not go wrong with them!

AK907
09-16-2010, 03:32 PM
^I've heard a lot of good stuff about them and known a lot of people who used them when I lived in Texas. Unfortunately I never got a chance to go down.

Southern Wolf
09-16-2010, 07:27 PM
When I have to suppliment my own production I order from Rodent Pro.