PDA

View Full Version : Legal methods for shipping snakes

Mickey_TLK
11-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Ok I am in need of a legal (and cost effective) way to ship snakes legally.

I have contacted Southwest airlines (by the way, very reasonable rates, for lizards, frogs, and turtles) and they dont ship snakes.

Northwest Airlines will ship snakes, and you dont need to be a confirmed shipper, however their minnimum price is 80.00

Delta, well delta is delta. I would have to be confirmed, and shipments will run 70 ea or more.

I guess my question at this point is, am I missing a shipper. Anyone know if any other airlines that service the majority of the country, and will ship snakes. I would like to find someone I could ship with for around 50$ for a small package (Im only shipping baby snakes).

I know everyone does stuff under the table with the smaller shippers, but I am flagged by all of them for shipping snakes, and as such my boxes are searched. I am sitting on a large inventory of snakes, some high dollar, that I have no way to ship withought hassel. Any help would be appreciated.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles
402-934-9906

E2MacPets
11-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Although it is not cheap by any means, I have a source for overnight door to door shipping that will accept snakes.

JungleHabitats
11-11-2003, 02:07 PM
i think that you mickey are experiecing what a few others are going through, and i would prdict with in 6-12 months EVERYONE will be going through if not sooner. with all the bad press nowdays to people shipping "unsafe methods" IE: poor packing and snakes escaping in to ups trucks etc as has happened that they are just going to get much worse on this. i had contatcted a UPS rep for my area/region but have only heard from him one time to say that he was bust and would get back with me when he could. so i am not going to push him hard on the issue as yet nor do i want to bug him for his help as that would be almost counter productive in this case to get anything we want . so its a chess game and he has all the right moves right now .