PDA

View Full Version : Having More Than 7 Days Of Food Makes You A Suspected Terrorist

Dennis Hultman
11-29-2011, 11:01 PM
UXKfEsgLLRU

Dennis Hultman
11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
weatherproof ammunition = suspected terrorist

http://www.fortliberty.org/not-so-secret-fbi-program-tracks-surplus-store-customers.html

Not So Secret FBI Program Tracks Surplus Store Customers

The FBI has begun a program to monitor people who shop at military surplus stores, calling them “terrorists”and trying to convince surplus store personnel to spy on their customers for the government.

The brochure below “Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Military Surplus Stores” describes the program to the surplus store personnel.

Store personnel are told that people who “demand identity privacy”or ‘”insist on paying with cash” are suspicious and may be terrorists. Personally, this motivates me even more to always pay with cash so that the government has more difficulty profiling me as a terrorist. This brochure seems to imply that buying survival gear with a credit card could result in a FBI raid on my home. If paying with cash can help prevent a FBI raid on my home, it seems like a good idea to me.

According to the program brochure, purchases which could identify me as a terrorist include:

Weatherproof ammunition or match containers
Meals Ready to Eat
Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks
High capacity magazines

Weatherproof ammunition containers, also known as “ammo cans” are used for long-term storage of all sorts of gear — including both ammunition and food. Meals Ready to Eat (MRE’s) are food packets which are designed for long term storage. Is the government really worried about people who are storing food? Or really, as that is now proven, why is the government worried about people storing food? Why would the government not want us to have food? I don’t mean to be paranoid, but that strikes me as very worrisome.

Why does the government worry about “night flashlights”? What use is a flashlight during the day? What terrorist attacks have been made using flashlights? Does it really seem that the purpose of this program is to identify and track terrorists, as claimed? Doesn’t it seem that this program is more targeted towards survivalists — towards anyone who is actively working to make themselves less dependent upon the government?

The government also uses this brochure to continue their mindless was against “high capacity magazines.” “Low capacity magazines” are useless for almost all purposes. Should we all replace the gas tanks in our cars with “low capacity gas tanks” to make the government feel better? Perhaps we should live in “low capacity houses” too? Why would the government be so afraid of efficiency?

Dennis Hultman
11-29-2011, 11:08 PM
http://camping.about.com/od/rvownersclubs/a/RV-and-Campers-Raising-FBI-Suspicions.htm

Many RVers and campers cut costs or buy economically. Others who do so are outdoorsmen and women who simply enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking, and survivalist activities. If you are among those of us who buy from surplus stores for any of these reasons, you’ll want to keep some things in mind.

Do you pay in cash?
Do you buy “meals ready to eat”?
Have you bought a night flashlight?
Or a weatherproof ammunition container?
Or matches in waterproof containers?

Guess what! You may find yourself listed on the FBI and Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) “suspicious” lists.

Why? Because the FBI and BJA just distributed notices to surplus supply stores in Colorado titled, “Communities Against Terrorism: Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Military Surplus Stores.”

Why We Might be Considered Suspicious

The bulletin lists under the heading, “What Should I Consider Suspicious” several items that terrorists might be purchasing. These are the same items that RVers and other outdoors enthusiasts might purchase at a military surplus store to save money or to get a better product.

Similar versions distributed to gun shops titled, “Communities Against Terrorism: Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Gun Shops and Gun Ranges,” and to hotels and motels titled, “Communities Against Terrorism: Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Hotels and Motels” also ask clerks to report suspicious activity. Will this include RV parks and campgrounds, too?

While some items on the list would be suspicious under any circumstances (i.e., "… uses credit card[s] in different name[s]"), others are bothersome, such as "paying in cash." There are too many reasons why harmless people might want to pay in cash.

RVers travel around. Our checks will not be accepted everywhere.

Some purchases may not warrant using a credit card, and more so if the new banking laws result in higher costs of using charge cards.

We may have no choice but to use cash.

Full-timers on limited incomes may use cash to stay within a budget, avoiding credit and interest.

Personally, we use cash for a few reasons. It means:

Less bookkeeping (easier to balance the checkbook)
Fewer receipts showing credit card information (reducing risk of identity theft)
When the cash is gone, the buying stops

Untrained Eyes

Several items on this watch list sound reasonable at first glance, but lacking a clear definition, they're subject to a clerk’s subjective opinion of what fits that description. While the bulletin also contains a disclaimer that not everyone is suspect just because their behavior falls into the behaviors listed, or whose purchases include the items listed they recommend that clerks:

Keep records of purchases
Require valid ID from all new customers
Watch behaviors
Make notes of customer actions and statements that seem out of place
Notify law enforcement of anything that seems suspicious

And what seems suspicious to an untrained clerk could be something as innocent as stocking up on meals ready to eat for emergencies, or paying in cash.

There doesn’t appear to be any training to help these clerks discern between a terrorist making bulk purchases and a youth group leader making bulk purchases for a two-week group outing. Very likely, the terrorist would pose as just such a group leader if questioned.

Catch-22

The irony is that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) website, Ready.gov, referenced in previous disaster preparedness articles, gives detailed instructions for disaster preparedness, while the FBI tags people who prepare for emergencies as “preppers,” and considers them suspicious.

Paradoxically, the DHS advises people to stock up on some of the same items the FBI and BJA associate with suspicious persons. The Ready.gov site recommends a three-day supply of nonperishable food for each person, flashlights, matches in waterproof containers and cash as essential components of your emergency preparedness kit. Other government emergency preparedness sites and Red Cross sites recommend stocking up to seven days worth of meals, water and supplies.

Adaptability vs. Malicious Intent

Two of the suspicious behaviors listed are, “Demonstrate interest in uses that do not seem consistent with the intended use of the item being purchased,” and “Possess little knowledge of the intended purchase items.”

How many times do we (especially women) adapt an item for an unintended purpose? Frankly, I’m clueless about most things in an army surplus store. To me, a weatherproof ammo box could be a better size, shape or price for protecting legal documents or old photos than new ones designed for those purposes.

If I were purchasing it, I wouldn’t think “Oh, this is an ammo box.” Rather, I’d think something like, “This is perfect to keep bugs (or moisture) out and fits in the storage locker (or closet),” or “This will keep my crackers crisp.”

Rookie RVers, campers or hunters commonly indicate that they don’t know much about what they’re buying. And the growing number of new RVers living on limited incomes means RVers are likely surplus store shoppers.

We adapt to the RV lifestyle, and may purchase suspicious items from surplus stores because they’re cheaper than camping and sporting goods stores. On that note, how long before sporting goods and camping supply stores have to report who buys what?

How to Avoid Looking Suspicious

I personally think we should step up our purchases of these items and raise awareness that RVers are growing in numbers and need them in greater quantities than in past years.

Since the surplus store clerks are watching for suspicious comments, make it known that we’re following the DHS recommendation to maintain fresh and well-stocked emergency preparedness kits.

Talk about the RV lifestyle, the kinds of weather emergencies we run into, the need to store compact food supplies because of limited space, and other adaptations specific to RVers.

In other words, create a profile of both new and seasoned RVers that clerks will recognize as making ordinary, albeit alternate uses of military surplus. Help them differentiate between how RVers may adapt military items for daily use from uses that might warrant suspicion.

Dennis Hultman
11-29-2011, 11:09 PM
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/wp-content/uploads/ColoradoFBISurplusStore.pdf

WebSlave
11-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Heck, that's all stuff any SANE person SHOULD have on hand! And no doubt, anyone growing and/or raising their own food will be suspect as well.

Yes, and saving money instead of spending every penny you earn should be a crime as well. This is obviously a terrorist activity to try to destroy the economy by not spending money to keep manufacturers and retailers in business. :rolleyes:

Lucille
11-30-2011, 07:18 AM
The entire LDS membership will have to be suspect and there are a lot of them, even Mitt will get on the list; a basic tenet of the Mormon beliefs is to store a year's worth of food and supplies.

WebSlave
11-30-2011, 02:20 PM
The next time you buy something at one of the big hardware chain stores, take note of the security cameras. Do you really think they are there ONLY to watch the cashier? Are you buying anything that could conceivably be used to make an explosive device? Paying with a credit card? Guess what, perhaps your name and photo are now on a LIST of possible terrorists.

"1984" just took longer to get here than George Orwell presumed it would.

SPJ
11-30-2011, 05:33 PM
CT has the spy on your neighbor policy in full swing.

http://www.cttransit.com/Contact/SeeSomethingSaySomething.asp

Dennis Hultman
03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
http://survivalist.com/food-storage-makes-you-a-terrorist.html

The Stasi DHS regime continues to target preppers and people who purchase survival supplies. To date, the FBI and the Dept. of Justice have produced 25 fliers aimed at, and distributed to various industries to promote the reporting of “suspicious activity”. From gun dealers and military surplus stores, to hobby and coffee shops (did you know that paying for your latte with cash means you might be a terrorist?).

The federal government is going completely overboard and is now encouraging the public to report fellow Americans for engaging in the most routine, mundane behavior.

For example; every day we're warned to protect ourselves against identity theft, but according to these fliers, if you actually take steps to protect your identity by refusing to give out any unnecessary personal information, they label you a terrorist. (on almost all of these government fliers, one of the behaviors they warn to watch out for is: “demanding identity privacy”).