PDA

View Full Version : HATCHLING SPOTTED PYTHONS

sturgisfxb
06-01-2002, 02:38 PM
To anyone who can help,
This is the first time I have bred Spotted Pythons. I had a clutch of 10 eggs and 9 hatched last week. So far 4 of them have shed and so I tried to feed pinkies to the 4 that have shed. They strike at the pinky and coil it but thats it. They don't attempt to eat it. I have tried leaving them in a small container with the pinky overnite and still no luck. I tried braining the pinky but still no luck. Any tips or advice you may have I will try. I have always bred L. Texas rats, Corns. Hondurans, Sinaloans, Pueblans and hognose. I guess they are easier to start to feed. Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott Cook

Glenn Bartley
06-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Leave em alone for another week with plenty of fresh water, then try to place a pinky under their hiding place. If the hiding place is small and tight enough to make the snake feel secure, it may do the trick to make the pinky disappear.

sturgisfxb
06-02-2002, 12:27 AM
Thank you Glenn,

Scott Cook

Glenbrooks
06-04-2002, 02:16 PM
Don't worry too much. I bought a pair of spotteds from a guy who said he used to pull his hair out trying to get them to feed. Then he realized you just need to give them time. He said that often times they wont feed for a month after the shed, but eventually most of them will. Once they do, they seem to never get enough! Good luck practicing patience.

sturgisfxb
06-08-2002, 09:41 PM
just wanted to let you know that they ate today.

thanks to all who replied.

scott cook