PDA

View Full Version : They are going to tell me what kind of soda I can buy?

Lucille
05-31-2012, 11:50 AM
This is an outrageous move by the nanny.gov. I do admit that overweight is a ballooning problem in the US and I fess up to being somewhat fluffy myself, but I think that should be a matter of choice. It is rapidly getting to the point where we will have no choices and no freedom left at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/31/nyregion/bloomberg-plans-a-ban-on-large-sugared-drinks.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20120531

hhmoore
05-31-2012, 12:46 PM
This State is getting ridiculous - first the proposed "fat tax", now this.
At least it doesn't affect vending machines, supermarkets, and convenience stores, lol.

How much sense does it make to restrict the sale of larger servings, but continue to allow free refills?

Shadera
05-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Nothing wrong with fluffy. I'm a little fluffy myself. :D

Do these people really have nothing better to harp on? Let's ignore the elephants in the room and keep whittling away on those personal freedoms!

sschind
05-31-2012, 04:25 PM
How is this going to work in fast food joints where they have self service. Will they require to to sign a form stating that you will in fact only put diet coke in you king sized cup you just got.

All in all its a really stupid idea.

salottimc
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM
I believe they are trying to cut the cost of government funded healthcare by forcing everyone to live healthier.

Metachrosis
06-01-2012, 06:45 PM
How do you "untrain" an entire Nation that has been
brainwashed for the last 8 generations?
Decade after decade of glutinous self entitlement under
a disposable constitution,this nation will reap what it has sowed.

They ain't stopping at soda's ...........

snowgyre
06-01-2012, 07:33 PM
We (global "we," not anyone in this thread) are removing personal responsibility from the equation and expecting the government to fix all of our problems. We invent excuses for everything to remove fault from ourselves. Guess what, I was sick of being overweight and made a concerted effort to lose weight simply by counting calories. I lost 25lbs in 6 months and I've kept it all off. People are so lazy that anything that requires an actual effort on their part is completely ignored. Obesity caused by decades of personal neglect is not going to go away with a magical pill or a government program. The will to change must be with the individual. Yet the government does the same thing... it's a lot easier to change a law and add a new regulation than it is to create an educational campaign to give people the weapons to change themselves. "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for life."

Metachrosis
06-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Excuses is exactly what it amounts to,zero personal accountability.
This Nation has taken everything this thieving entity has thrown down their throats
without question. Now folks think they have an opposing voice
against the spoon that's been feeding them.

Keep playing that lottery sucker ..........

Lucille
08-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Nothing wrong with fluffy.

I'm working on trying to diet, but:

Shadera
08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm working on trying to diet, but:

I'm doing really well on paleo. Lost about 40 pounds so far. No grains, no dairy, no refined sugar. Lots of fresh veggies, meat, and healthy fat. Look into it. It's seriously the easiest diet I've ever done, and I no longer count calories at all.

Durante
08-26-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't get the whole weight thing anyway... I'm about 6' tall & read my target weight should be 167 pounds. I am average around 320 pounds & maybe considered thicker built I doubt highly anyone here would say I morbidly obese or guess my weight if they seen me in person. I seriously haven't been 167 pounds since middle school. I admit I could lose a few pounds & have before but felt weak & crappy at anything lower then 280 pounds.

The thing that makes me mad about this article (besides taken away human rights in general) is the way it affects women of men. Me & a lot of other guys don't want our women built like toothpicks like they featured on a lot of magazine covers. I guess a little chunk in the trunk intimidates certain people but I personal can say I prefer a real women who will not break at the slightest touch & has some curves. I'm not saying I'm attracted to beasts, only that there is nothing wrong with a healthy women that has the meat & potatoes.

KORBIN5895
08-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't get the whole weight thing anyway... I'm about 6' tall & read my target weight should be 167 pounds. I am average around 320 pounds & maybe considered thicker built I doubt highly anyone here would say I morbidly obese or guess my weight if they seen me in person. I seriously haven't been 167 pounds since middle school. I admit I could lose a few pounds & have before but felt weak & crappy at anything lower then 280 pounds.

The thing that makes me mad about this article (besides taken away human rights in general) is the way it affects women of men. Me & a lot of other guys don't want our women built like toothpicks like they featured on a lot of magazine covers. I guess a little chunk in the trunk intimidates certain people but I personal can say I prefer a real women who will not break at the slightest touch & has some curves. I'm not saying I'm attracted to beasts, only that there is nothing wrong with a healthy women that has the meat & potatoes.

Pfft! Whatever man . Your nickname is probably the beast master! ;)

So I am 6'2" and weigh 250 lbs. My bmi weight is 180 lbs. I hit that twice in my 27 years of living. The first time was when I was 15 years old and I must say I sailed right by it. The second was the first 5 months I was married. Not only was I sick as a dog thefor two weeks before the wedding but after we got married we moved to Canada ( my wife is Canadian) and I was unable to work. Since I didn't have a job we had very little money so I saved on the grocery bill by not eating... okay so we didn't have groceries to eat but same difference. I highly doubt I will ever see that weight again.

Durante
08-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Pfft! Whatever man . Your nickname is probably the beast master! ;).

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'll never admit to it here either way.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lucille
08-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Everyone is different but fluffy people can at times stand to lose a few pounds and work on fitness to make themselves feel better. What is important is feeling healthy and good about yourself.

Shadera
08-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Everyone is different but fluffy people can at times stand to lose a few pounds and work on fitness to make themselves feel better. What is important is feeling healthy and good about yourself.

For me it's my health. I keep going down the old road, I'll be dead by 40. I've got hypertension, and am pre-diabetic. Things that only came on as I packed on pounds. My hips used to hurt a lot from dragging my weight around, and I wasn't active much. I'd get winded walking across the apartment. :o

I'll never hit what they consider my "ideal" weight. About 20-30 pounds above that is where I'm happy, and I don't obsess about body image. (My top weight was 100+ above even *that* weight. Waaaay too much.) Even when I was in the military and they were starving me along with running my guts out daily, I still never hit that weight. I'm just an amazon, and I'm okay with that. Not okay with premature death, however, and am just moving back towards not putting so much processed crap into my body. I feel great.

WebSlave
08-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Heck, I'd be happy if I could lose 12 pounds. But I really don't eat all that much anyway, and I just can't bring myself to worry much about it. More exercise would help, but kind of hard to get active outside when the skeeters are laying in wait for you.

Heck, I'm going to die from SOMETHING, so might as well be something that makes me happy. So when Connie bakes a cake, I'm certainly happy enough to eat it...... :rofl:

Lucille
09-03-2012, 01:58 PM
I've been slowly and gradually trying to increase my daily exercise times. I walk the dog every morning and then do additional exercise in the afternoon.
But, I don't think I'm going to go bicycling as I had planned this afternoon:

Temperature
96.3 F
Feels Like 119 F :ack2:

Durante
09-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't think I'm going to go bicycling as I had planned this afternoon:

Temperature
96.3 F
Feels Like 119 F :ack2:

We have an areal flood warning here in PA right now & it looks like rain for the next 3 days. I think I would love Texas even though I never been there, from what I've heard it's beautiful. I have a few issues & for some the winters here cause my personality to change a bit & gets me pretty depressed. I eat less & have a lot more motivation to get out & do things in the heat then i do in the cold. I could probably lose a few pounds just by moving.

I'm just an amazon, and I'm okay with that. Not okay with premature death, however, and am just moving back towards not putting so much processed crap into my body. I feel great.

My wife is about a hair under 6 foot tall, her father the smallest out of his brothers is 6'4. I kind of see she gets self-conscious around some of my friends shorter then her, even though she knows I think she is beautiful. It's kind of what I was saying in my previous post with media creating a "perfect" image. I dont see the no need to try to be anything for anyone else. I think if your healthy & personally happy with your size & weight then that is all that matters.

KORBIN5895
09-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Tall chicks are hot. Just saying.

Durante
09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Tall chicks are hot. Just saying.
:iagree:

KORBIN5895
09-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Beastmaster and I are on the same side!

Durante
09-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Maybe in High school but I can't be the beastmaster anymore, lol. I married a good girl & once I said "I do" the idea of me being master of anything went out the window.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg407/scaled.php?server=407&filename=42467826885368977767296.jpg&res=landing

KORBIN5895
09-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Stunning! I am also married yet I am still the master ( can't remember what I am master of though).

Lucille
09-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Christopher she is so pretty.

Durante
09-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Stunning! I am also married yet I am still the master ( can't remember what I am master of though).
lol, your like me & only master of whatever she says you can be master of like cutting grass or paying the bills :)

Durante
09-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Christopher she is so pretty.
Thank you, I feel I got really lucky having her & my son.

Metachrosis
09-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Well it looks as though the NY Mayor WINS
http://www.naturalnews.com/037197_Mayor_Bloomberg_New_York_City_soda_ban.html