Zuess
17 in
Male

Hognose_311
07-04-2004, 08:53 PM
YES it is. Im a breeder, smart guy.

Hognose_311
07-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I have a slow comp but i assume ill email you some other pics if interested. but i work with a breeder that we actually started with my one hognose, but the pic of the one above is not zuess my mistake its Athena my female. but it actually looks exactly like yours just a little different head details. my email though is emmron@juno.com The guy i work with is Vinny in Chesterfield Virginia, we work at a a reptile store and breeder workshop. Anyway TTYL michael

Hognose_311
07-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Actually i do have ONE question. Does it eat rodents? And if it does how did you get it to? I normally freeze a frog or toad in water, then defrost it and let the mice soak in the water for 24hrs. then dry them off and feed. Tell em if you have any other suggestions. Those are the only suggestions for now, Thanks.

Mark and Aimee
08-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey dude. Just a pointer - try saving your pics as jpegs instead of bmps. More people might look at them if it is not a hassle with a huge file size.

Hognose_311
09-10-2004, 12:57 PM
How? just when i save it as save as, i change it at the bottom right?

Sand&SunReptile
09-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Interesting.
Does he breed good for you?
*she

Hognose_311
10-04-2004, 07:28 AM
Haven't tried because i haven't been able to get a female....plus he is a problem feeder....hes only ate on his own once or twice, i have to force feed him, ive had him for about a year...

Hognose_311
10-08-2004, 07:42 AM
are you talking about the male or female?

Sand&SunReptile
10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Either or? Have you had any successful breedings?

Hognose_311
10-08-2004, 12:42 PM
ya i had my male accidentally breed with my red tail boa...lol they share a tank, they will be separated soon though...she's getting a little big for him...lol. The babies looked kind of like kenyan sand bos, they died after about a week though...:( But no successful breedings yet......

Sand&SunReptile
10-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Are you trying to joke here? A redtail boa, breeding with a hognose snake?
I dont believe, I'd need to see it to believe it, and I still wouldn't. And besides, why would you keep a hognose snake with a redtail in the first place?
Dude, that one is a little to out there for me to believe.

Hognose_311
10-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Believe what you want...i know its true.

Sand&SunReptile
10-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Would you care to share pictures if it's true?
Surely you'd have taken pictures, with such a rare breeding. Nothing remotely similar to this has taken place, and many people would argue it's impossible. They are very different. Egg layer, and live birth. Boid, and colubrid.
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be empty headed enough to leave this undocumented...

toxicity
10-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Consider the source, he's 15 yrs old. Just check out a few of his other posts and you'll understand.

Ever been abducted by aliens Mikey? I'm sure you could start a whale of a thread with that. :alien:

Hognose_311
10-10-2004, 11:27 AM
yes i was abducted when i was 10.....

Sand&SunReptile
10-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Ok Jeff, makes a lot of sense now. Teen making outlandish claims, I wonder how much business he'll get when everyone knows he keeps species like that together, then claims they breed.
Besides, how big was the female redtail boa, if the male is 17", and the female is just now getting to big for him, she couldn't have been more than 36" at the time of you claim, meaning she was half the breeding size a female is, so she wouldn't have even been capable of producing Redtail babies, let alone your sad attempt of a lie mutt snake.

Ken Harbart
10-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Kid, I don't know why you're such a lying little attention whore, nor do I care. I am, however, growing extremely tired of it. As such, I think it's about time that we seriously reconsider your continued participation here.

Let's take a look at just a few facts that immediately come to mind.

1) The hemipenes of Heterodon sp. will not remain in the homologues of Boa constrictor ssp .

2) These two genera have a disparate number of chromosomes, which makes reproduction impossible.

3) These two species are taxonomically so far removed from one another that they can't hybridize. Nevermind the fact that they're not in the same family, they aren't even in the same superfamily.

4) The timing of gametogenesis in these species precludes any breeding activity.

Sand&SunReptile
10-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Good lay down Ken.
You explained better than I could've. He would have just kept arguing with me.
I think this will silence him.