PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Mistake!

weaver
10-29-2004, 01:19 AM
If anyone can help me with advice on how I could of prevented this., please do. I shipped out a snake I sold this week to a customer that wanted to ship on his account with DHL. So we packed a shipment , got the tag and sent it off. I got a call from DHL at 6pm asking if there was anything venomous in the box. Appearently the customer has been under investigation for dealing and shipping venomous. I do not know what his deal was but they told me he was getting investigated by law inforcement and they could not allow the shipment. So I went out and got the shipment and made it out in the clear. I think?? How could I have prevented this situation???? What did I do wrong??? Can I screen the purchaser before shipping?? All I know is that it made me very nervous and I felt like fool!
Thanks Tom

Sand&SunReptile
10-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Simple Solution...
Just label the box a bit more clearly. Make sure "Non-Venomous -----" or "Harmless ----"
Should take care of your situation, should you ship again.

Mark and Aimee
10-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Just label the box a bit more clearly. Make sure "Non-Venomous -----" or "Harmless ----"

With one minor exception - DHL will not accept reptiles unless you're "special".

weaver
10-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Thanks for your replies. I am more concerned with the fact that I shiped to a person that has been red flagged by the authorities. Having no idea!!

Sand&SunReptile
10-29-2004, 05:31 PM
I guess, if you would like to know who your buyer is, you can use the BOI.
Thats whats its therefore. Simply type in the subject line "___ ___, has anybody sold to him/her?" Fill in the blanks with the potential buyer's first and last name.