PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Fed Ex Package Testing!

Palex134
04-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Im shipping out my package soon, and would like some tips for the best way to do this. Thanks

The Reptile House
04-07-2005, 12:36 AM
I make up my box just as I would ship it anywhere containg a live reptile. I lined it with the insulation and put my deli cup in and secured it as well with the news paper. I also went a step ferther and placed a picture of one of my leopard geckos in the deli cup so they could see what was being shipped. I then taped up the box and placed it in another larger regular box with my application and sent it off. I also sent a letter about my business as well. I also requested my box to be returned as well.(I got everything back except my picture, guess they liked it!) Good luck, it took a couple weeks for a reply back from them. Shanell- The Reptile House

WebSlave
04-07-2005, 02:00 AM
It's actually pretty easy and painless. As long as you aren't using something like a cereal box, you should pass easily. Any of the typically available shipping boxes you can get from a number of sources with styrofoam inserts will be sturdy enough to pass their tests with flying colors. Just pretend you are packing up an actual shipment and send it off that way. I didn't even use an outer container for my boxes and they all passed easily. Matter of fact, I could use them again to ship out to customers.

They will take photos, inside and out, and generate a report that you will get back with your contract and returned box.

Pretty easy, actually.

Palex134
04-07-2005, 06:49 AM
Sould I include the heat packs?

llechler
04-07-2005, 09:34 AM
When I sent mine off (In Jan) I included 2 heat packs (I didn't open them though, I noted that they would be opened and functioning, but since this was a test, I kept them in the original packaging so when I got them back I could use them).

WebSlave
04-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Sould I include the heat packs?

I didn't when I sent in my boxes. BTW, you have to send an example of every type of box you will be using, so if you are going to be using multiple sizes, you need to send one of each to FedEx. According to the contract, you cannot use any type of box that has not been inspected and authorized.