PDA

View Full Version : Egg Laying Dilema!!! Please Help

snakeman56
06-13-2005, 09:18 PM
I have a problem I think. I have several hondos that are due to lay eggs any day now. One shed on June 2 and the other June 3. As of this evening no eggs yet. I have to go out of town this coming Thursday the 16th and will be back on the 23 next Thursday. How long can eggs stay in the egg lay nest?? I have plenty of sphagnum moss in the nest. I hope I hear good responses. Thanks to all that response.

Thanks
Tom
-----
Thomas Sierra
1.1 Irian Jaya
1.1 Ball Pythons Het For Albino
Alb Honduran 3.3
Hypo Honduran 2.2
Anery Hondo 3.7
Tangerine Alb Hondo 1.0
DH Snow Hondo 2.0
Het Tang Alb Hondo 2.2
Het Pin Stripe 0.1

DAND
06-14-2005, 05:38 AM
The biggest problem would be the female moving the eggs after they are laid. If she lays them in a clump and coils around them you'd proabaly be okay but if they are laid singly they could be moved too much after the embryo attaches itself and you could loose some if not all.

Is there anyone who you could have check on them while you're out of town?

snakeman56
06-14-2005, 07:24 AM
The biggest problem would be the female moving the eggs after they are laid. If she lays them in a clump and coils around them you'd proabaly be okay but if they are laid singly they could be moved too much after the embryo attaches itself and you could loose some if not all.

Is there anyone who you could have check on them while you're out of town?

Thanks for responding. I don't know anybody else that keeps snakes. I guess all I can hope for is that they are layed in a clump. Will keep you posted. I just checked on them and no eggs..

Tom

DAND
06-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks for responding. I don't know anybody else that keeps snakes. I guess all I can hope for is that they are layed in a clump. Will keep you posted. I just checked on them and no eggs..

Tom

Well, good luck. Hopefully they'll lay before you go.