PDA

View Full Version : problem #2!!!

ladyserpent7
06-29-2005, 03:58 AM
a couple days ago i posted a thread about my snakes eating problem and mentioned that she had just shed. I WAS WRONG. I THOUGHT SHE HAD SHED, AND I ASKED MY MOM TO CHECK SINCE I WAS AT WORK AND SHE TOLD ME SHE DID, BUT WHEN I GOT HOME, I COULD TELL MY SNAKE DIDNT CUZ SHES STILL VERY DULL. ITS BEEN A WEEK AND HALF NOW, AND ITS NEVER TAKEN HER THIS LONG TO SHED. WHATS WRONG WITH MY BABY? PLEASE HELP. :bawling:

Wilomn
06-29-2005, 10:10 AM
There is most likely nothing wrong with your snake. Sometimes it takes 10 days or so to go through the shedding process. The eyes "blue" over for a few days, then clear up for a few days and THEN your snake will shed.

If the skin is dry or obviously coming off in patches then you should soak your snake for a few hours and that will loosen the skin enough for you to help her shed or she can crawl out of it herself.

Can you post a pic of her? That would help as well. I wouldn't be too worried at this point.

hhmoore
06-29-2005, 10:12 AM
not to be overly simplistic, but the easiest way to resolve the shedding question is: was there a shed skin in the enclosure or not?

ladyserpent7
06-29-2005, 11:19 AM
not to be overly simplistic, but the easiest way to resolve the shedding question is: was there a shed skin in the enclosure or not?

NO, I DONT THINK I WOULD BE HAVING A PROBLEM IF THERE WAS. BESIDES, SHES BEEN SLEEPING FOR 9 DAYS. I JUST NEVER KNEW IT COULD TAKE UP TO TEN DAYS FOR THEM TO SHED. I GET PARANOID SOMETIMES CUZ SHES MY BABY.

starwarsdad
06-29-2005, 07:17 PM
I sympathize with your paranoia, but TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF.

ladyserpent7
06-30-2005, 12:21 PM
damn. well sooooooooooory if it bothers you that much. its just that im at work and we have to use caps lock in everything and i jump from one program to another, but if it pisses you off THAT MUCH... :>off_to<:

ladyserpent7
07-01-2005, 11:34 AM
GUESS WHAT! GISELLE SHED! oh, sorry starwarsdad :blowup: Anyway, shes soo beautiful. I notice that each of her shed skin is a different color. First time it was light brown, second time was green, and this time it was pinkish.