PDA

View Full Version : Feeders for a clutch of Lystrophis

The BoidSmith
03-10-2006, 09:08 PM
I have 4 newborns that need to be started on feed shortly. Does anyone know of a reliable supplier or can collect small (1/4 inch) tadpoles and or recently metamorphosized toads or frogs (1/4 inch)? If someone has access to them I'm willing to purchase quantities before the warm weather sets in.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

ladyserpent7
04-04-2006, 01:48 AM
im sorry i dont know of anybody......but.......you can make life a lot easier and try to switch the diet..:)..just an idea....

ladyserpent7
04-04-2006, 01:51 AM
you know...ive never known anybody thats owned a tricolor hognose before....i would looove to see pics of them....they remind me of coral snakes..with the pattern.

PaulSage
04-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Dan, the only place I can think of is Nasco which sells Xenopus in varying stages. Their website is www.enasco.com I think you have to go to "Science" then "Live Materials" to find them. I ordered from them years ago, and they were very easy to work with. Sorry if that's not what you were looking for.

The BoidSmith
04-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks Paul, I did buy from NASCO once, and also from Ward's. They offer tadpoles, frogs, and toads although their prices are high. Anyways, I have them already feeding on pinkies so that's not a problem anymore.

Regards. :)

ladyserpent7
04-04-2006, 12:33 PM
yaay..see..told ya ;)..haha.......its a lot cheaper too huh..and a lot easier to find.....are tricolor hogs known to have more of the frog diet or you thought that might be better?

The BoidSmith
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
They basically feed on anurans! :)

ladyserpent7
04-08-2006, 02:12 AM
oh..so you got lucky that theyre eating mice...at least youre getting them used to it when theyre babies

The BoidSmith
04-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Yes, I did, thanks. But if someone wants to make a few bucks I'm looking for a shipment of toads and/or frogs. They will have to be an inch in size maximum. How many can anyone get, just let me know and we will discuss price and shipping. It needs to be done before the heat of the summer as I want them arriving alive!

Thanks, :)

Dan

ladyserpent7
04-09-2006, 01:07 AM
hmmmmmmm......in palmdale behin my aunts yard theres a TON of frogs..caught some the other day...there small....bout an inch wide...want me to catch some for you? OOOOR...would you be willing to breed them yourself..thats a good idea..and saves you money too.

The BoidSmith
04-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Rana,

It would be almost impossible for me to put more time into anything right now. Yes I could certainly use some of those frogs if you had time to catch some for me. Those measuring 1 inch in length would be ideal in size. Just let me know when you catch some and will figure out how to send them COD. I really would be in debt with you.

Sincerely :)

Dan

ladyserpent7
04-10-2006, 01:28 AM
okay..ill try doing that for you...ill probably be going there next week..so ill catch some if i find...the only problem is..how am i gonna keep them alive..will they live through the .........um shipping....and how long can they go without eating...just that kinda stuff i need to know so i dont kill any of them..:)..hopefully i can help