PDA

View Full Version : Found an Eastern and need some advice please..

dolphinsue
05-27-2006, 04:06 PM
:shrug01:I was out cutting grass and stumbled on a really sweet baby Eastern Hognose of about 9" long. Now I know all about how difficult these guys can be to get them eating. I have corns and they all eat frozen thawed mice. In a perfect world, this hog would too, but I seriously doubt that will happen. I really want to try to keep this snake but will return it to the wild if I have too. I am looking for any suggestions for food. I have a Whites Tree Frog already and was thinking that maybe instead of trying to find a toad I could scent the pinky with it. I also read that tuna scenting sometimes works. Does anyone know how I would go about buying N.A.toads? I guess that is what they eat normally. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks so much.

hhmoore
05-27-2006, 05:35 PM
there is always the theory of "you found the snake, you could find it some toads". There was also somebody listing toads for sale, here on Fauna. Live or frozen, in pretty much any quantity you want (this is not an endorsement of that person, I don't even remember who it was...just passing along information)

Junkyard
05-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Native reptiles sell toad feeders for $1. http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=28&de=408775

ladyserpent7
05-28-2006, 05:04 AM
or you could always get mice and scent them..they sell those scenting things in pet stores..for the long run..it would be cheaper. :)