PDA

View Full Version : My favorite hoggie died

kggjr
04-09-2007, 05:41 PM
I went to check on our hogs and clean out the cage the day before I feed them and our female was not acting herself, I checked and all her temps etc were fine. We got her three months ago from a pet store who told she had been dropped the previous day by another customer who was thinking of purchasing her but got scared when she hissed. We brought her home and left her alone because of the stress of being at a pet store and she was handled and dropped, I had made a vet's appointment for all our pets (our vet come to us) and she seemed fine to him and she was eatting, no signs or resp infection, any ideas what could have happened I took her in today to have necropsy done on her. I am do sad I really liked her she was a 06 .

garweft
04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
This is a somewhat common problem with hoggies. Apparently healthy animals just up and drop dead. It was written about in a reptiles magazine article on hognose a few years ago. If I remember correctly it has to do with the humidity being too high. I'll see if I can find the article on it and see what it said exactly.

CrotalusCo
04-14-2007, 08:40 PM
sad news my condolences