PDA

View Full Version : purchase frog eggs?

Valley Dragons
08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase frog eggs? I need them for an life-cycle project in my daughter's elementary school. The teacher is unsure of where to get them, so I told her I would ask around.

Thanks!

Jamie

IloveSnakes1234
08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
You can ask your local petsrore. I don't really know where on the intenet though.

Ed Clark
08-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey Jamie, This time of year there are thousands of tadpoles in ponds all over just pick up a minnow trap, bait it up, put it in the pond in the evening and you will more than likely find some tadpoles in it in the morning.

May have to try a few different ponds before you hit the mother load. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Can not help with the eggs as its late in the year for frog eggs.Can anyone tell me where I can purchase frog eggs? I need them for an life-cycle project in my daughter's elementary school. The teacher is unsure of where to get them, so I told her I would ask around.

Thanks!

Jamie

Valley Dragons
08-27-2007, 08:47 PM
The teacher wants to do things the difficult way, lol. She wants to teach the section on reptiles and amphibians in March. That's a little too early for tadpoles here. Too bad she will not do it now while the gettin's good!

Jamie :)

Ed Clark
08-27-2007, 09:00 PM
That will be very hard to find frog eggs in march. :( The teacher wants to do things the difficult way, lol. She wants to teach the section on reptiles and amphibians in March. That's a little too early for tadpoles here. Too bad she will not do it now while the gettin's good!

Jamie :)

bullfrog100000
08-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Maybe you could give the teacher her first lesson about a frog life cycle... like timing and ties to the seasons....

Valley Dragons
08-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Maybe you could give the teacher her first lesson about a frog life cycle... like timing and ties to the seasons....

LOL :D