PDA

View Full Version : Help

Connor
12-15-2002, 04:30 PM
I want to get a reptile that is three feet max.

Thanks
Connor

Connor
12-15-2002, 05:16 PM
I am asking for advice on what to get

Connor

CheriS
12-15-2002, 08:28 PM
a lot depends on what your looking for in a reptile....three feet leave many options.

Are you looking for snakes? lizards? frogs?

to handle, or just look at?.... to interact with you?

Price range? not just for the animal but for proper set up also.

Diurnal or nocturnal?

Can you provide a bit more info?

Why is it you want a reptile? all these would have a bearing on what to suggest.

Connor
12-17-2002, 07:25 PM
I grew up around reptiles and have not found one I did'nt like. Ithink I would prefer a lizard.

gecko8695
12-17-2002, 08:00 PM
Hi connor i got a nice blue tongue skink i would sell, its about 13 '' and very tame, it would make a great pet, just e-mail me at gecko8695@yahoo.com and make me a offer on him/her

thanx alot

CheriS
12-17-2002, 08:35 PM
Leopard Gecko's are easy to care for and fairly inexpensive in cost and set up expense. graceful to watch and usually do not mind attention, but are not real responsive to people. They sleep during the day and roam at night. Small size, minimal cost and care, I ahve several of there as pets

Bearded Dragons are the most social of all lizards, up during the day, sleep at night and are very responsive to people, many times learning their names and demanding your attention. They also can be playful, if they like water and like to swim, they seem to have a game they lke to play slpasing and running from you, turning and repeating this over and over. Med size, initial set is can be expense as they need heat and UVB light. The do require daily attention and care. I also have several of these as pets and am studing their nutritional needs, with lab data and pathology.

Iguana's, unless you have A LOT of space or a large enclouse, think hard about this before buying one, they also need UVB and heat and grow very large in a short time, I have 2, 3 year old one that is 5 foot and a 4 year old that is 4.5 ft.

Viper Gecko, REAL tiny, fits on a quarter, delicate in looks , but hardy in health, they come from one area in afghanistan and are not readily available in the US at this time.

Anoles, small, can live in groups if you only have one male or a very large enclosure can house more than one male, they also can be mixed with Day geckos who pay little attention to each other, including the males. inexpensive to aquire and care for, again they do need UVB and heat.

These are the lizards that I have experience with..... but chameleons and water dragons are interesting, I have not rasied and breed them, so will leave that to someone else to explain.