PDA

View Full Version : Hyper-Melanistics - PIC

Monte
01-01-2003, 11:48 PM
This is what I would call a "Hyper-melanistic" - a leo which is predominately black. The goal a lot of us are working for is a solid black leo. I'm not sure how easy that's going to be, since some think that a lot of the Hyper-melanism is produced by lower temperatures. I tend to disagree in principle, but acknowledge that producing a good, dark hyper-mel male is extremely difficult, given that they are produced by higher temps ( which often produce brighter animals).

My goal this year will be to try and produce a dark hyper-mel male that can continue this project a little further.

Just thought I would share.:beer:

Ian S.
03-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Very cool!!! sounds like fun. I really think the mac snows are going to help us in the search for an all black leo. Only time will tell and best wishes with your project.

dragonflyreptiles
03-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Very cool! I have several that are just black and tan, no real color, i was going to sell them, hmmmmm you have me thinking now!

geckogrl6
03-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Hmm, I guess I may have to change Freckles' name to hyper-melanistic. She is at least that dark. Perhaps I should sell her for the project?

Goanna
03-09-2006, 11:13 PM
All I know is if you guys can produce all black leos, I want one, lol. I always liked solid black or solid white animals.

Snow Balls, Blizzard Corns, Mexican Black Milksnakes, Brazilian Black Tarantula, etc, etc, etc :D.

USAGECKOS
03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Very cool project Monte!

Jeremy Letkey
03-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Since no one else has mentioned it... I guess I will. Monte's orinional post is now over 3 years old. I do not believe that he is any longer persueing this project. He has since moved to working with mostly Rhacs.

USAGECKOS
03-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Since no one else has mentioned it... I guess I will. Monte's orinional post is now over 3 years old. I do not believe that he is any longer persueing this project. He has since moved to working with mostly Rhacs.

I really have to start looking at the dates :rolleyes:

dragonflyreptiles
03-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Me too and I should know this because I bought Monte's last gecko when he sold them all.

Ian S.
03-10-2006, 05:18 PM
LoL... yeah!! "Mental note to self, check dates" ;)

LeosForLess
03-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah, i thought i saw this post on almost the last page of all of the messages. When I'm bored or are looking for a simple question to be answered i go through the old messages.