PDA

View Full Version : Sunbeam Snake ( Xenopeltis unicolor) - Male

Mooing Tricycle
08-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Quick Photos of the new guy.

Got him from JNJ reptiles and i am entirely excited about him! These guys are SO much more beautiful in person.... i dont even think it would be possible for images to capture the beauty that is sunbeam snakes. They rightfully own that name though..... man do they ever!

Now to let him be, and allow him to get acclimated to his new surroundings, and burrowing substrate :D its HARD to not want to hold this guy... but alas, i must restrain :(

http://pics.livejournal.com/mooingtricycle/pic/000re8wt
http://pics.livejournal.com/mooingtricycle/pic/000rfewy

TOO COOL!

TheFragginDragon
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM
WOW! What a beauty! Can't wait to see pics of him in his new digs Alicia! What's the temperment like?

Mooing Tricycle
08-20-2008, 09:15 AM
WOW! What a beauty! Can't wait to see pics of him in his new digs Alicia! What's the temperment like?

Totally Friendly!

He does this funny little hiss every so often after hes been out, for what i think is too long for him * they are easily stressed, so i read* its just a real short quick... snappy hiss. ( there is NO other way to describe it!) You know the sound a snake might make when they lunge at you? * or at least bullsnakes make when they lunge at you pretending to be big? * LOL Its exactly like that.... but no attempting to bite at all. hes actually pretty cool about being held, and seems really really curious about stuff.

Roy Munson
08-20-2008, 09:26 AM
That guy's incredible, Alicia! I was very tempted by the JnJ ad myself, but I already have too many snakes...

Congrats! :beer:

Mooing Tricycle
08-20-2008, 09:32 AM
That guy's incredible, Alicia! I was very tempted by the JnJ ad myself, but I already have too many snakes...

Congrats! :beer:

No ways! just buy more racks! LOL theres always room for ONE more. :D
:rofl:

TheFragginDragon
08-20-2008, 09:35 AM
theres always room for ONE more. :D
:rofl:

OMG...how many times have I said that to myself :rofl:

Mooing Tricycle
08-20-2008, 09:46 AM
OMG...how many times have I said that to myself :rofl:

it does get to a point where you have to be like... Look. Do you just want it, or do you NEED it. Alot of the time. its all want.

Im trying to be better. Im trying to focus. :D I want variety, but i also need to stick in some sort of range, as far as size goes ( thats my biggest restraint). Its hard. but i think i can do it! LMAO

LadyOhh
08-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Too cool, A...

Love those things. I just wish I had the time to get one... or six :)

devenomized
08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
affinity
phone:
155-23-4444