PDA

View Full Version : Vanodine - V.18 & FAM

deborahbroadus
09-26-2008, 09:46 PM
I got one for you Harald!! I don't remember investigating this one. I sounds PERFECT!

Vanodine - V.18 & FAM

http://www.vanodine.com/vanodinedifference.html

hhmoore
09-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Better go back and check your notes, Deborah. You left them at the other place.
The highlights of my response:
They are also a reasonable viricide but only after prolonged exposure. They are not particularly good as sporicidal agents
they stain plastic and hands
It is however, easily deactivated by contact with organic debris, is not effective against hydrophylic viruses such as polyoma, and is not effective against all strains of pseudomonas bacteria .
The general disinfection strength, per the manufacturer, is 1:250...which is 0.5 oz (3 tsp) per gallon. At that concentration, according to the information at the link provided above, it is INEFFECTIVE against adenovirus, pseudomonas aeruginosa, proteus vulgaris, salmonella, transmissible gastroenteritis (coronavirus), rhabdovirus, parainfluenza, mycobacterium sp, mycosporum sp, rotavirus, klebsiella sp, escherichia, enterobacter, clostridium, blah, blah, blah. (I'd love to come across a list like that for some of the other products, lol)

deborahbroadus
09-26-2008, 10:33 PM
shucks!! It seemed different this time, did they change the wording of the advertisement?? This time it said it doesn't need to have the tubs cleaned to be effective (that would cut the work in half).

Sipping another rum and coke

hhmoore
09-26-2008, 10:35 PM
I didn't read it - I recognized the name, knew I had looked into it before (fairly recently), and searched for my posts on it.

I PM'd you the link to the discussion. The biggest fault of that product is that darn when used as directed disclaimer, lol