PDA

View Full Version : wanted: frilled dragon male/female

redpheonix
09-27-2008, 11:59 AM
I want to get a pair of frilled dragons... willing to buy individual dragons to get my pair.. if you have a frilled that you are looking to get rid of let me know will consider baby, juvi, or adult.. email me at floodgate02@yahoo.com or give me a call at 228-990-7340 thanks Zack

jjdog202
10-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I have an adult male im asking 220 shiped

Melisssss
12-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I have a frilled dragon that is unsexed that I feel I am not understanding how to take proper care of despite constant reading and worrying. He was thriving and now seems to be going downhill. I paid a lot of money for him but am thinking that I need to get him to someone more skilled with this type of animal than I am. I call him a him because I am almost certain he is male. If you are interested and have skill with this animal please contact me.

I am not interest in giving him away to a rehab

redpheonix
12-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Do you have any pics of te frilled? also what are you asking for him... if possible please email pics and reply to floodgate02@yahoo.com thanks zack

rosebud945
12-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I sent you an email earlier as well. Do you think it needs vet care or rehabbing? If so, I can do both.

redpheonix
12-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Alot of times if a frilled doesnt have a good place to hide they can stress out. Also if you have small kids who might pester the lizard in his cage or a dog that makes him frill out alot, both of which can cause undo stress on a dragon... Do you know if he is wild caught of captive breed.. either way if he hasnt ben wormed you would want to do that. It looks like the tank should have enough heat but incase not you need a high temp basking area of about 95-103 and a cooler area of about 85-90 then have the lights go off for a night time drop. Also do you have good ventilation in the cage?

rosebud945
12-08-2008, 12:35 AM
I second the worming. He doesn't look bad physically, but his mouth is very pale which can be a sign of intestinal parasites. I strongly recommend a vet visit for at least a fecal.

Also, are you providing UVB? What are your temps like and how are you measuring them?

redpheonix
12-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Trying to narrow down the possible things that would cause him to stop eating, stress is usually one of the first other than parasites. You still havent said if you have any dogs or children that might be stressing him, also is he in a high traffic area.

rosebud945
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
How exactly are you measuring those high and low temps and with what? Do you use a temp gun, a digital therm with probe or a stick on thermometer?

98 for a high temp is a really ambiguous description. He MUST have one specific surface or spot where the temps get in the 100-110 range so that he can digest properly. Then the rest of the hot area should be in the low 90s, upper 80s. The lower part of the cage should be in the 70s.

You need to set him up a proper basking spot and use a good thermometer like a temp gun or a digital thermometer with a probe that you lay right on the basking spot. He might be overheating or might not be getting warm enough to digest.

Melisssss
12-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Okay I do not intend to jack this guys ad for frilled dragons anymore. Please reply to me privately.

rosebud945
12-08-2008, 01:48 PM
We have, and you have not responded. I sent you an email and told you in a post in this thread. If you want more advice from me, then pm me or return my email.

lizardrc
12-08-2008, 08:10 PM