PDA

View Full Version : AC Reptiles Deli-Cup Display Case?

TripleMoonsExotic
02-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Anyone have one of these (http://www.acreptiles.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=147) and can provide a unbiased review? Anyone know who actually makes them?

I have it in my head I want new deli cup displays that are smaller (and more manageable for me) then the ones I have (current ones are 24 delis each). I also like the changeable deli templates (from 4" to 6") with this design.

I e-mailed Anthony a question about his Kritter Keeper rack (I wanted it in black) and received no response. I also read else where that someone had a tough time getting a hold of him and spent his money elsewhere due to lack of response. I know Anthony has a good rep, that's not a question. I just want to know about this product before I send the money!

garweft
02-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Barr's makes them and offer them as well on their website, herpcages.com. They make a quality product at a good price. I have been looking at getting a few myself, but everytime I get the money together something else grabs my attention. :rolleyes:

Here's a link to the actual product page, notice the critter keeper racks there too.

http://www.herpcages.com/racks/rprice2.html

TripleMoonsExotic
02-07-2009, 07:01 AM
O, yay! Look I can get that rack in black! :)

Thanks for the manufacturer info! Knowing that it's Barrs, I'm not worried. :)

garweft
05-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Did you ever get these? Just wondering your thoughts.

Leibowem
05-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Were you wondering about the rack or the deli-cup display? I have both and like them a lot. The rack is great... I have raised cresties in it for a little over a year now (not the same ones, obviously) and pinched very few tails and they maintain humidity pretty well. They are lightweight and just about the right size. The display case does not break down and put back together as easily as I thought it would (its not THAT hard, it just takes me a few to figure it out... but maybe I'm just slow :D) but I just leave them assembled in between shows now and haven't had a problem since. I do not use the acrylic cover that it comes with, as I keep a pretty close eye on my table and don't do any huge shows.

TripleMoonsExotic
05-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi, Matthew! No, I never did pick these up though I really need to! :D I've seen them on vendor tables at shows and they look pretty nice and well put together.

Gary O
05-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I think I may have to order 3 of these deli displays. Thanks Steph for the thread. LOL I was looking for something for Geckos. These may work

garweft
05-08-2009, 11:29 PM
I never seem to be able to get enough tables in a year to warrant spending $1000+ on acrylic displays, but a couple of these and a tower for some adults/holdbacks would be affordable and look a good bit better than the table of delis I usually put out.

I've seen them and have been eyeing them up for a couple years now (well before ACReptiles started selling them for Barrs). It's just hard to commit to spending a few hundred dollars on something I may only get to use 3-4 times a year.

enviedreptiles
05-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I would just make them yourself. Thats what I did. With a little ingenuity and 50.00 you can make a respectable looking one yourself.

AncientDNA
05-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Anyone have one of these (http://www.acreptiles.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=147) and can provide a unbiased review? Anyone know who actually makes them?

I have it in my head I want new deli cup displays that are smaller (and more manageable for me) then the ones I have (current ones are 24 delis each). I also like the changeable deli templates (from 4" to 6") with this design.

I e-mailed Anthony a question about his Kritter Keeper rack (I wanted it in black) and received no response. I also read else where that someone had a tough time getting a hold of him and spent his money elsewhere due to lack of response. I know Anthony has a good rep, that's not a question. I just want to know about this product before I send the money!

I have a couple of the delicup displays that I got from Paul Mitchell(PM Herps) at one of the Hamburg shows...he sells a lot of Barr's racks...I like 'em. They're light & don't take up much space. Plus, you can break them down if you don't want to move them all set up.

garweft
07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Just thought I'd post an update. I picked up a few deli displays from the AC Reptiles website a few months back. I have had the chance to use them a few times and really like them. They are very sturdy and look nice on the table. Security is good but they are not a pain to get things out of since there are no locks to mess with. They are not super easy to put together, but once you do it 2-3 times it gets a lot easier.

I put mine together the night before the show so I don't need to fumble with them in the morning 10 minutes before a show starts. Now if I can just find away to get them apart after a show without making myself bleed we'll be good. lol. Between shows I store them between my boa stack and the wall. since they break down flat they are very easy to store.

I would recommend them for anyone that only does a few shows or needs something that looks professional without the cost or size of a full set of acrylics. Now I just need to add a verticle display for larger snakes and I'll be set for a while.

unochenog
11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Good question. As for me, Im very happy to be known simply as "Prayer Warrior" and actually prefer it this way.

That said, it would be nice for those who want a user title to have one.

the phoenix

bradleymoore
11-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Good question. As for me, Im very happy to be known simply as "Prayer Warrior" and actually prefer it this way.

That said, it would be nice for those who want a user title to have one.

the phoenix

uh... what?

back on topic, i think they look nice. i've seen some at a cpl shows.

David Turner
06-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Hello to all
I am looking for some used acrylic reptile display cases.

David Turner
06-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Hello to all
I am looking for some used acrylic reptile display cases.