PDA

View Full Version : Wanted alligator snapping turtles

grip200kg
02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Will pay good money if you can ship to CA. Don't use a return/from address or use a fake one. Prefer under 12 inches long

grip200kg@yahoo.com

hhmoore
02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Will pay good money if you can ship to CA. Don't use a return/from address or use a fake one.
Why would you suggest omitting, or falsifying, the shipped from address? Are they illegal there?

Jerry_c_62
02-19-2009, 08:07 PM
That is a very good question Harald. A quick search and I found, according to one site, that it is illegal to own any type of snapping turtle in CA. Personaly I would have reservations about dealing with someone that was encouraging falsified information, even if the sale would be legal. But if there was no legal issue, why would you request falsified information :confused: :NoNo:

kensopher
02-19-2009, 09:20 PM
You are both correct. This is illegal, no question.

This post could be a setup. How could it be real? Would someone actually set themselves up like this on a public forum? Aside from setting themselves up for legal action, there's another scenario. Here's how it works...this person pays the "good money" for an alligator snapper. The seller never sends it. What does the buyer do? Who can he contact to complain, "I never received my illegal turtle!"? It would be like calling the cops because someone sold you a bag of oregano instead of Michael Phelps' special Olympic veggies.

This post was already taken down from the other forum on which it was posted.

Darkhammockturtles
03-20-2009, 10:30 AM
I am replying to this add because I got a call and email asking wether I wanted to buy Alligator Snappers or not.

This is not Dark Hammock Turtles' add. We use google adwords to advertise and their software placed our banner under the other gentleman's name. We cannot and will not purchase or own any alligator Snapping turtles as they are strictly prohibited under Florida Law.

Sorry for the confusion- please send any replies to the real poster's link which is above our blue banner.

Thanks,
Dark Hammock turtles

grip200kg
03-20-2009, 04:08 PM
dont worry faggots, i have my turtle now. Told you i would pay good money, paid $300 for a 25 pounder.