PDA

View Full Version : Misting Systems - Whatcha think?

Sexy Scales
01-29-2003, 11:13 PM
I've been nosing around several of the herp supplies websites and there seems to be quite a price difference in automatic misting systems... Anyone use any of these? What do you see as the pros and cons of each (it's great, but...) and was it worth the money? Thanks for any info on this guys!!

Erin

ChadOsborne
02-02-2003, 09:07 PM
The best and cheapest misting system I've seen is the BARRS.
$15 for The kit(enough stuff for 3 cages)
$25 Glimor timer(Lowes)
$10 Pump-up garden spayer (Lowes)

I've been use'n this system for 6 years with out a problem. Check out BARRS.com

Clownfishy
02-05-2003, 07:13 PM
to be honest the best thing i found is hummidifer (the ultrasonic kind). It fills my 100 gallon tank with a thick fog in minutes. I leave it on for 3 minutes at a time, and it works way better then any misters i've tried. Buying the hummifier and moding it to my tank cost me a whole 40 bucks. There is lots of info around on the web about it. Email me if u need more info.

D-bomb
09-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey Clownfishy,

Are you using that on snakes or on some other type of reptile? Cause I was thinking about using one of these things but some of my snakes like to drink water off of their coils and I didn't know if this fog would accumulate enough water condesation for that to happen. But as far as raising humidity, you said it does a good job?

Thanks,

Rafael

blm304
11-06-2004, 03:34 PM
forget the cheap system, check out the (pro mist system) easy to work with, pump can run dry with out locking up, very fine mist ,check it out
not the cheapest but it will last

gfisher2002
01-10-2005, 10:23 AM
DON"T buy the Zoo-Med Haba-mister. I paid $100 bucks for it and it looks awsome. But it's VERY VERY noisy, needs to be topped up every 2 days and pukes large droplets of water more than it mists. Just letting you know.

MGReptiles
01-11-2005, 03:34 AM
I am looking into getting a misting system too and from the research I have done the pro mist IS the way to go...

Dennis1
08-20-2005, 10:44 PM
I got the pro mist and its great!

although i have been toying with the idea of a bilge pump for a boat
And buying just the nozzles from somewhere else

ChameleonTattoo
12-27-2005, 11:15 PM
The pro mist was what I almost got, but I decided to save quiet a few bucks and get the "Rainmaker". It does up to as many (25) cages, if not more than the pro mist, and the heads are much cheaper. I have found that it is just as good if not better than pro mist.
Get the Jr. for less cages. I also have some easy modifications that save a bundle. Email me if interested.
http://www.cloudtops.com/misting_systems.htm