PDA

View Full Version : Lycodon ruhstrati ruhstrati

woongson
03-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Hi
I live in Taiwan and someone told me here are people who have Lycodon ruhstrati ruhstrati.
I keep and observe 4.3 Lycodon ruhstrati ruhstrati and I want to try to breed them. However, there are not very much information about Lycodon ruhstrati ruhstrati. A Reseach wrote mir.
It is very possible, like I told you before, so we know nothing to speak about this species.
The information about them, do not suffice. I have so far only a few young snakes found in October. However, from a Reseacher who found a Roadkill female I got this information. According to him, A road-killed female was collected in the same area (Chiayi County) on 18 February 2006. This female had eight oviductal eggs
(three in the left and five in the right oviducts).
So far, I have in all my years here never found juveniles in early summer. It is also not known whether they also feed on small snakes. So I'm not sure how I should proceed. My Lycodon ruhstrati ruhstrati I usually feed with geckos or small lizards. So, as you can see, it's not very easy. If you have any ideas how I can put together to assemble the size of the enclosure would be beneficial, then please write me. At the moment, each its own enclosure (0.6mx 0.5mx 0.6m), and all eat more or less well. The females eat better than the males. They change their skin regularly. I am planning just to build new larger enclosures for pairs. Since they are quite thin (1cm), but long (up to 110cm) are, I am not sure which size is appropriate. What do you think will be a good size?My friend is a Reseach from South Africa, here in Taiwan to be Reseach emigrated lizards. They are also involved in catching lizard-eating snakes for there reseach. He told me, that the big snake were researched quit good, but the smaller varieties almost unexplored. Since almost nothing is known about them, they can not be protected. Many greenareas disappear, mountain slopes with forests are cleared and many of their habitats disappear. It is fairly easy to determine if larger number of snake species to decline. However small, unexplored snake species, are not that easy to detimine. I go every evening from early February until late November to look for snakes. I have two somewhat unspoiled places where I have found snakes and I photograph them for my statistics. However, I must say it looks bad. When I came to Taiwan eight years ago, I could still find numerous snake varieties, but the last years I found much fewer snakes. And since Lycodon ruhstrati ruhstrati, for the locals, looks like a Bungarus multicinctus, is that a death sentence for them. They kill them, because almost everyone here is afraid of snakes, especially poisonous snakes.
So my plan is Lycodon ruhstrati ruhstrati to observe and breed. I have spent the last two years 8 Lycodon ruhstrati ruhstrati caught, of which a female two days after catching em died. These multiply and I want to watch, and everything about what I Lycodon ruhstrati ruhstrati can find down. If I am lucky to reproduce it, I will from each clutch two pups and the parents to keep animals again leave it where I had caught. Then I separated the young snakes raise and if they are old enough, try to breed with them. So I am the whole life cycle can study. This self-drawn young snakes are in my custody until they are old and die. Then even know how old they can become.

Woongson