PDA

View Full Version : Be careful what you post...you may be liable

Bubafat
01-19-2003, 09:28 PM
http://petsforum.com/psw/Default.html

Talk about rediculous. Just another example of sue happy America. The saddest part is that many people have settled with this #%@!, since it would probably cost more to defend themselves.

E2MacPets
01-20-2003, 12:26 AM
old news, but still interesting.

Bubafat
01-20-2003, 12:28 AM
Yes and no. The litigations against hobbiests for slander is old, but now he is sueing some search engines as well.

E2MacPets
01-20-2003, 12:53 AM
I didn't even look that far.. good god that's sad, lol.

Adam Block
01-20-2003, 01:31 AM
That's laughable! If I had a dollar for every time I thought somebody was going to sue me I'd be rich. Being sued is a fine line and it shouldn't be walked by those who don't need the trouble. I could file suit against my neighbor for driving past my news paper everyday if I wanted to. Would I win? Hell no but it would be a pain in his butt. For that matter his dog just bit me and that I would win over and I'm still not going to.

The point to this is, people in prison have sued the State for not having creamy peanut butter but of course lost. If you're trying to be a pain in the butt you can sue for anything.

The trouble comes in when you have somebody like me. My lawer is one of my better friends and does most of the things I need for free. I would personally be such a prick and counter sue that you would wish you never thought about me. Point is, look into the person you're sueing. If they're smart they'll have their assets protected and not only will those not be touchable but they'll have a friend or family member that's a lawer and it won't even hurt their pocket book.

Adam Block

PS Got a headache from drinking a Aquafina water that was too cold the other day. Made me scuff the tire on the curb. I bet I could win somehting there!