PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple Desert Rays Radiant Heat Panels

ejtchr
07-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm looking at these for my Jungle carpets. They are half the price of other heat panels. Does anyone have an opinion?

Eric Jensen

BoaMan Jon
11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Bump...

I'm looking at the same product and don't necessarily want to be the first to try one. If I could find an opinion it would be great.

Clay Davenport
11-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Looks like a glorified heat mat to me. They're cheap because there's nothing to them.
I suppose if they can be used in the manner described they can technically be called heat panels, btu it sort of seems to be a misuse of the term to me.

I think I'll stick with the Reptile Basics heat panels I'm using. They're more expensive, but sometimes it really is a matter of you get what you pay for. The extra cost in that case also buys you a 10 year warranty.

sb1127
11-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Don't waste your money. They are not heat pannels, in fact they barely qualify as heat pads. The stiching around the edges is a dead giveaway. In order to make the "panel" radiate more efficiently you have to cover the back of the panel with aluminum foil and then tape it to a piece of styrofoam. I sent it back and got a Pro-Products panel. I just bought my second one and will be getting a third at the next NY Expo.
You get what you pay for.