PDA

View Full Version : Zoo Med Daylight Blue Bulbs.

David G
03-07-2003, 04:39 PM
This is a complete gripe about the bulbs. I went out and bought 6 bulbs, 3 and a half months ago throughout a months time. Almost all of them from different stores. These bulbs are garbage. For all the newbies that don't know much about reptile supplies, STAY AWAY from these bulbs. These are the crappiest bulbs I've ever gotten. I've written the company and they said they would send me replacements. It's been more than 2 months and still nothing. I've replaced them with ESU full spectrum bulbs and haven't had a problem since. Bad show Zoo Med :hot:

sschind
03-07-2003, 08:48 PM
I've tested zoo meds, t rex, and hagen bulbs and I have found the Zoo meds to be the longest lasting of the bunch. Most of the ones I have running in my store have been on for 4 months or so roughly 12 hours per day. they do not (none of them do actually) take much abuse when moved or handled while lit. None of mine get touched until they are out for at least 5 minutes, and they are all on solid bases and do not get moved or touched (other than the occasional bump witht eh tank lids)

Steve Schindler

David G
03-08-2003, 04:17 PM
I keep mine on a solid socket and everything. They just ended up bursting when i come home later in the day. I havent had any other bulb but these blow up.