PDA

View Full Version : Bacterial infection

Tbone21
01-06-2010, 03:19 PM
My Caiman has bacterial infection I found out. I was told to use turtle sulfa dip to clear it up. I was told it came from my pH being low and my nitrates being high. I added nitrate removing material to my filter and am bringing the pH up. My question is the turtle sulfa dip is made for small amounts or water so have to use like the whole bottle for one dip (thankfully he is only 2.5 feet right now) but is there something else to use or keep using this? I was told to use it at strength recommended but to olny leave in for half hour vs 1-3 hours and to wash off good afterwards.

Twizted Paths
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Was it your vet who told you this?

Tbone21
01-06-2010, 03:55 PM
No we dont have a qualified vet in my area the nearest one is a couple hours away and its winter in Pa so hard to transport something like this but he is the reptile shop where I got him who breeds and sells his own reptiles and has helped me plenty of times before with any medical problems. I brought it up because I didnt know if it was bacterial or fungal and he scraped the wound and all and said it was bacterial.