PDA

View Full Version : swollen throat?

bear
01-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I have a situation with 2 boas sent to me with RI mouth rot and mites.. pretty bad situation all around, anyways the mouth rot has been drastically improved and i think will be gone with a few more weeks treatment.. mites gone as well. RI is on its way out.. ambient temps 80-85 hot spot 93ish. i have been administering all the necessary treatment for everything but i have noticed the male has a swollen throat that seems to go up and down but has lately been a little more swollen.. it is not fluid in his throat from the RI, it is the actual tissue swelling.. i am not sure if he might be having a small reaction to the meds or maybe it is another symptom of the RI that i am not aware of. it just seems odd to me that the fluid in his mouth is less and less every day and the swelling stays and maybe has slightly increased. i searched for other pics of ill animals but couldnt come up with much. any thoughts? thanks,

Alberto

bear
01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
swelling is subsiding, i think it was related to the respiratory infection.

TailsWithScales
01-18-2010, 02:42 PM
If the swelling has started to subside then I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Swelling can be a cause of a number of things but more then likely yes it's because the RI and mouth rot infections were that bad. Same as a human getting a cold /flu and our glands and tissues swelling.

Great to hear they're on the road to recovery.