PDA

View Full Version : Does no one care? PYTHON BAN

bondoron
05-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I heard some sad news today. Andrew Wyatt said that only about 200 people have commented on the rule change proposed by the US Fish and Wildlife. What it is going on? This is the ninth inning folks May 11th is the deadline after that the rule change will go through if we don't get enough comments. HSUS has as many comments as we do. Do we not care anymore? If you are a breeder with any size or wishing to be of any size you better comment. We can read the comments and see who has sent them in. I just don't understand it.

cinderbird
05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
where can we see who commented? makes me want to make sure mine got through properly :/

cheflavor
05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
http://www.kill-rulechange.com/

bondoron
05-05-2010, 11:27 PM
where can we see who commented? makes me want to make sure mine got through properly :/

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#searchResults?Ne=11+8+8053+8098+8074+806 6+8084+1&Ntt=injurious+wildlife&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=0

bondoron
05-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Today is the last day to comment. We are still getting our butts kicked. Get those comments in.

Wolfy-hound
05-10-2010, 06:19 PM
The information on the site says that letters/comments might not be viewable for up to 2 weeks, so I'm hoping there are a lot more comments being sent in than are showing. I sent mine in.

bondoron
05-10-2010, 06:49 PM
The information on the site says that letters/comments might not be viewable for up to 2 weeks, so I'm hoping there are a lot more comments being sent in than are showing. I sent mine in.
Unfortunately it seems not. Andrew Wyatt said we are being beat by HSUS by thousands. It just doesn't make sense why the reptile community isn't coming out in bigger numbers. Also after this is done amphibians will be going on the next bill. If we don't make a good showing here and beat HSUS back then they will just continue going down the list.

dragonlvr64
05-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I posted my comment the other day and both my husband and myself became bronze members of USARK:D

chris allen
05-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Just got mine in. It only takes a minute to do.

Shadera
05-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I got mine in, and I hope everyone else did as well. Let's hope the apathy got kicked to the curb. It's gonna suck for us to lose our rights just because people were too lazy to take ten minutes to make a comment.

mxracer4life
05-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I got mine in.

snakewrangler
05-12-2010, 02:40 PM

Mine showed up the next day. I submitted twice, once in the text box (the one with the 2000 character limit) and once with an attachment just in case. The comments showed up the next day.

snakewrangler
05-12-2010, 02:44 PM
When all is said and done, the reptile community will know who posted a comment and who didn't. Your name is recorded into the public comment and is search-able.

Remember, we will all know who did their part and who did not.

bondoron
05-12-2010, 03:22 PM
When all is said and done, the reptile community will know who posted a comment and who didn't. Your name is recorded into the public comment and is search-able.

Remember, we will all know who did their part and who did not.

100% true. Good news also, USARK just reported there has been a 30 day extension put on this. This is a good thing we need a lot more comments yet. It will reopen at the end of the week.