PDA

View Full Version : Bean Farm melamine cage kits

SPJ
06-04-2003, 08:33 PM
Anyone use these?
Do the pre-fab pieces fit together correctly?
How durable?
Any comments on them would be helpful.
Thanks.

SPJ
06-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Never mind. I am not buying from them. They won't give a price break when ordering 4 or more cages.

BrianB
06-19-2003, 04:27 AM
I've got a 4x2x2 model, and I'm not very happy with it. The material is too thin for the size of the cage, and the pre-drilled holes weren't aligned quite right, so that made putting it together a bit of a pain. The door sticks due to sagging.

Figured I'd share for anyone else's benefit, though you've already decided against them. Depending on what you're housing, you may want to check out the cages on www.deerfernfarms.com or the boaphile, barrs, or precision cages (for snakes, they have plexi doors, which medium or larger lizards would tear up with their claws).

montezuma
04-01-2004, 11:56 AM
The Bean Farm does not manufacture the cages they sell. Therefore they have limited control over the pricing. The cages they sell are produced by Custom Cages out of Wisconsin. They are quality cages that last and last but they are a real bugger when it comes to moving once they are assembled... unless you really want to take the time to disassemble them!
If you are looking for a quality cage... this is the way to go.

Gene Jenkins
Montezuma's Reptiles ...and owner of 3 of these cages