PDA

View Full Version : A Big Green Hulking Mess of a Poll...

Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
07-01-2003, 05:29 PM
It HAS been some time now hasn't it?

I'm the resident Pollmeister(mind that is POLLmeister, NOT POLEmeister you sick little monkeys), yet I haven't posteda poll in who knows how long now?

Well, after seeing the big green defecation that was the Hulk at the theatre a few days ago, I came up with a poll idea. And then after sitting on the john for a bit, it formed...(imaginations run wild folks lol)...

A BRAND-SPANKING NEW Intergalactic Ficitional Celebritorial Death Match!!!

In one corner, we have the new major motion picture version of the low-budget TV version of the Stan Lee Comic about an average scientist who got on the wrong end of a gamma ray burst, The Hulk(some say he's Incredible)...

In the opposite corner, is another motion picture version of another member of the Marvel Comics Universe. He's blind, he has super sensitive hearing, and apparently he's a man without fear. That's right, we're talking Daredevil...

So is this a who would win? Well, in a way it is. Which would be voted as the WORST of these two movies? Both are pretty rank stinkers despite originally being great comic book fodder and having fairly high-power casts.

So which one of these hunks of limburger gets the worst film nod???

MR_Jungle_Mist
07-03-2003, 10:36 AM
Well Rob,

I've been kind of looking at this post...and wondering when someone...anyone...is going to reply. It seems you didn't add enough options to your poll.

Might I suggest something to the effect of:

"I'm too busy to go see every marvel comics turn movie that comes out."

"There is NO WAY I'm admitting to going to see every marvel comics turn movie that comes out."

"I'll bet not only does Rob go and see every marvel comics turn movie that comes out, but he's probably gone to see all three remakes of the Star Wars Trilogy."

Rob....c'mon...admit it....you're a closet trekky, aren't you? :scatter:

:D

Seamus Haley
07-03-2003, 04:30 PM
You left out the worst of the reccent Marvel movies though...

X-Men was so wretched that I refused to go and see the second one. Some skinny twerp is not Wolverine... Whatsername there, she's a terrible Storm and the timeline and ages were so screwed up that I ended up having myself pulled out of the theater yelling by a friend who was afraid I would attack the screen.

I don't think Rob's in the closet about the Trekkie thing either, I've never met him but I have this odd feeling that he uses "Live long and prosper" in casual conversations (nothing wrong with it whatsoever, just sayin'). Maybe some kind of hybrid comic book geek-trekkie cross.

Missymonkey
07-03-2003, 05:59 PM
I actually like the X-Men movies, I read most of the comics and thought they did ok making it into a movie. I mean comeon they couldn't really make a movie that was true to the comic and be under the 2 hour movie limit.

One thing I didn't like though was how in the first X-Men no one died, and in the second one Wolverine was bashing skulls and slicing people into little bitty pieces. It just seemed so against the comic book mentality.

No one has mentioned Spiderman yet... Personally I think that movie was wussy and way too mushy. And what about all the Batman movies? As soon as George Clooney, Val Kilmer and Alicia SIlverstone got involved I lost great intrest and respect for movie makers.

meretseger
07-04-2003, 06:01 AM
In the first one Mystique kiled that security guard. Plus a couple other people. And Senator Kelley died. And I can't remember if Sabretooth died or not. Probably not :P.
But I do have to agree that the body count in the second was a little suprising.

Erin B.

Uffern
07-04-2003, 06:25 AM
I've never met him but I have this odd feeling that he uses "Live long and prosper" in casual conversations (nothing wrong with it whatsoever, just sayin').
LOL! Well, he does look kind of Vulcan-ish. lol.

07-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Do I have to point to one of the other polls here to show my non-trekkiness? I'm a Babylon 5 man you dorkuses. ;) And Richard my man, given the back and forths we've had over it, I figure you would know better. ;) LOL

As far as the Batman movies, Batman was DC Comics, NOT Marvel, so it didn't fit into the poll. BUT, I feel that the first two films were excellent. It was the 3rd and 4th(and upcoming 5th) that totally sucked.

And I agree with Seamus that the first X-men movie was an aweful attempt and made me want to wretch. The worst character reincarnations of course being Wolverine and Storm. BUT, I will say that the second movie made up for it(and yes, the increased body count helped alot in my opinion heheh) and was vastly impooved over the first. Hugh Jackman was much bulked up compared to the first movie and although still not quite the right fit, he was much better as Wolvie in this second go. As far as him slashing up folks, well, I will leave that alone as I had NO problem with seeing Wolverine no longer being the puss they made him out to be in the first movie. Halle Berry as Storm, well, that was still POOR POOR casting. Personally, I would have gone with Angela Bassett or Iman to begin with. Hell, Queen Latifah would have probably been better than Halle Berry at portraying Storm. Out of the characters in the sequel, I must say Nightcrawler was the most faithfully done, and the appearance of Colossus, though brief, was a nice touch for all of us nerds who will be out seeing every Marvel Comics movie that comes out opening night.

Spiderman, well, I liked the movie, though Spidey was never one of my favorites. I think the movie caught the feel of the comics as I remember them. Casting was good and all the actors seemed to fit their parts just fine. And besides, I always thought Spidey was a bit of a wuss anyway, but I'll still be in line for the sequel.

Probably the best overall Marvel conversions so far though have been the Blade movies. 'Nuff said.

I won't even get into that wretched pile of limbergher called Hulk, though I will say the best part of the movie was the 5 second cameo by Lou Ferigno. Definitely NOT worth my $8. Just glad I didn't hit the theatres on opening night for this stinker.

Daredevil made me want to puke my brains out. 'Nuff said.

07-09-2003, 10:05 AM
OH yeah, and Steven, I only saw TWO of the remakes/rereleases of the Star Wars Trilogy in the theatres, not all three. :D

And PS, am I the only one here anxiously awaiting Hellboy's release?

Uffern
07-09-2003, 02:35 PM

Who?

BrianB
08-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous

That's one that could really rock, or suck rocks depending on who gets their hands on it.

I'm waiting until I can see Hulk and Daredevil free -- neither one looked worth spending actual money on.

kenster
08-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Brian,
Although it pains me to say this, I have seen the Hulk. I can sum it up like this...The first hour...grab a pillow and take a nap...The second hour...take many, many, many trips to the kitchen, bathroom...etc... trust me you won't miss anything. At leat the girl in DareDevil was good to look at, hey there had to be at least one good part of the movie

Rob,
Are you feeling OK? I haven't seen a poll (good or bad;) ) in quite some time.....

08-26-2003, 02:41 PM
Hey Ken,

thanks for the concern man! :D

I' HAVE been away from the polls for quite a while haven't I?

There's been alot going on here lately and my mind hasn't been in a good...poll-forming state as of late. Don't worry though, the holiday flopbuster season is fast approaching, so I should have plenty of fodder. ;)