PDA

View Full Version : question about feeding

Sssnaker boy
07-18-2003, 07:04 PM
i know that you're supposed to take out your python when you feed them so they dont think that when ever you go in that you are feeding them. but if you take it out to feed it wont it think you're going to feed it even if you just wanted to take it out?

NEWReptiles
07-18-2003, 08:56 PM
When it comes to BPs, I never feed in another spot. I have been feeding them in thier enclosures for quite a while now and last time I got tagged was this last wed. and that was a 4 day old hatchling that was having a bad day.

1st time in over 5 years a Ball Python bit me.

Rob BryertonRKK
07-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi, I agree with Al. I feed all my BPs inside their enclosures. I have never had a feeding response bite from a Ball Python and remove them by hand. Moms protecting eggs and "ferocious" babiesLOL are the only ones who have bitten me in years.
I feed my Borneo Bloods, Col. and Rainbow Boas inside their enclosures also but my methods for removing them are alot different. The Bloods are removed with a hook and after their head is outside the cage they are usually fine."Usually". With the Boas I open the door and let them come out on their own but I'm always paying attention and am close by to assist them in getting all the way out. The Boas seem be more outgoing and like exploring so they usually come out within minutes of opening the door.
I feel that moving my animals with a sizable food item inside them could cause serious damage so I don't do it.
Take Care, Rob:)