PDA

View Full Version : A quote to remember...

WebSlave
07-18-2003, 10:49 PM
Many people are undoubtedly thinking "It isn't MY state, so why should I get involved?" Or, "Those aren't MY animals at risk, so why should I worry about it?"

To emphasize the point I am trying to make here, this quote by the German Lutheran pastor Martin Niemoller, a concentration camp survivor, comes to mind and deserves repeating:

"First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist, so I didn't speak up;

Then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew, so I didn't speak up;

Then they came for the trade unionists, but I wasn't a trade unionist, so I didn't speak up;

Then they came for the Catholics, but I wasn't a Catholic, so I didn't speak up;

And then they came for me, and there was nobody left to speak up for me.”

Think about this, please.

evansnakes
08-01-2003, 03:32 AM
Another great quote, from the movie Primal Fear, Richard Gere says in the opening narration:

"If you want justice go to a whore house. If you want to get fuc*ed go to a courtroom."

Herps Alive!
03-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Even if it is your state, (I am in Ohio) I didn't pay close attention because they kept assuring us reptiles would not be included. I came in late, but fortunately was able to get some of the crocodilian caging rules mitigated. We ALL must be ALWAYS vigilant/

JPCBoas
03-21-2013, 03:58 PM
I am glad that some people realize this. I am in Ct. and they are trying to ban Boas and berms. If that goes through balls and king snakes milk snakes will all be next. We need to stand together no matter what reptile we have. We need to support ALL states.

Herps Alive!
03-21-2013, 04:08 PM
And CT is already bad about the laws they have on the books. they ignored repeated requests from me regarding an import permit for an educational program. If they can't administer what is already on the books, how will they administer new laws properly?