View Full Version : Kansas state law issues

Adamanteus
07-23-2003, 12:57 AM
State Homepage - http://www.accesskansas.org/

State Legislature - http://www.kslegislature.org/

State Statutes/Code - http://www.kslegislature.org/cgi-bin/statutes/index.cgi

areptileguy
11-21-2004, 06:16 PM
It is still quite early (the bill does not have a # yet). From what I've heard, the meeting will take place Jan. 22, 2005. I want all of you KA herpers to stay tuned to the legislature website.
http://www.kslegislature.org/

old guy
11-28-2004, 09:24 PM
people/keepers. I have no problem with these exotic cat folks but they are being looked at in several states and causing other exotics to be thrown in on regulations and regulating. This supposedly is including reptiles at this time in Kansas and part of the registering of large constrictors and venomous in my last home state of Missouri. I am in contact with several groups to discuss the what if in Kansas. So far there is only a mentioning of reptiles. So far there is only mentioning of bans of exotics. There is always the play or ploy to not have this even before the state congress to pass. The wildlife agency better word this to the exact if it comes to pass because when you talk of exotics, you are talking : hamsters, gerbils, all tropical fish including goldfish, almost all parrots and parrakeets not to mention domestic exotics ( non-native ) because this would also include : horse, pig, cow, etc. RIGHT?............. :bomb:

Randy T.
12-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Have you heard anything else regarding this subject? I live in KS and I will gladly donate some time to help where I can..

old guy
12-11-2004, 11:30 AM
more definition of possible venomous and possibly large boids/pythons but this is not even clear. I was told that a ban is about the last thing the wildlife would want but not out of the question. Someone is trying to convince some of us it is a total ban and or more regulation. I have noted to several reptile people that maybe the reptile part should be addressed as a seperate situation and maybe not include ourselves with the other exotics keepers. I have been sent a lot of agendas and it is really hard to digest the reptile part of it let alone the species that it might involve. There are a bunch of meetings coming up on the wildlife dept. in a lot of cities. At best it could be a blanket situation of ALL exotics but I would bet it couldn't or wouldn't be done. Just looking at the situation of trying to enforce a scenario: > how many reptile keepers are in Kansas compared to exotic feline, primate, bears, and etc. Being reptiles are kept in normally coinfined cages of small size and not outdoors..........Also I was told if this goes into effect and this is somewhat of a " hidden agenda " to the general keeping public , ( and it seems this might be ), there is more CLOUT we can apply even after passing. I'm just looking and listening at this time with the help of NAROA. There is one very hard fallback though, I'm told that there are some other states looking to the way these proposals are handled and or passed. I'll try to keep us informed of information when it becomes available

Randy T.
12-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the updated information. I'll follow this thread closely to keep abreast of any new information.

old guy
12-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Kansas on venomous is going through by Jan-Feb of 2006 ?

old guy
05-06-2006, 03:55 PM
perceived before. BUT with regulations that are hard to maybe too hard to comply with. Not with much grace period. Either you conform/comply or you are in violation. Bill requires USDA regulations and to register venomous with local animal authority. AND with the provision to carry $250,000 liability insurance. Does anybody want me to vent on any of the above ? I did on a state wildlife law enforcement agent/officer of my annoyance and stipulation/s of this bill passing and why > ? But I was nice and he was nice on the conversation.

mikeandkellie
11-05-2012, 02:42 PM
can anybody provide an update did this bill pass and what is it's KAR #

mikeandkellie
11-05-2012, 05:12 PM
KSA-32-1302 article 13 and KSA-32-1306 cover venomous reptiles in kansas.

sedgeviper
05-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Anybody know anything new regarding exotic venomous status in Kansas?

KCRD.com
06-13-2017, 08:28 PM
According to what I just read on the Kansas State statute website, after July 7th, 2017 it will be illegal to own any non-native venomous snake. It does not list Gilas or Beaded Lizards.

If you own any before said time, you must follow a laundry list of new laws implemented by your local animal control and you must obtain a state license that has every animal listed by description, as well as a micro chip that must be embedded in each animal. You are also required to carry a minimum $250,000 bond/insurance policy. You must be available for inspection at any time, and must keep records of veterinary care as well as a written plan in the event that one escapes.

It's a quite lengthy read. You should check it out.

schwindt14
08-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Question: Does this also apply to rear-fanged species like boiga?

sedgeviper
08-19-2019, 12:48 PM
Hello. I am Sedgeviper. I live in O.P. Kansas, I Know Boiga. I am not "State of Kansas", I am not "Fish and Game". You may ask me for my educated opinion. However, I c:/desktop/boigaor would not implicate anyone irregardless. And since we still have the Right of FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I feel obligated to reply. Thank you and everyone else who uphold our inalienable rights.