PDA

View Full Version : Size of My 02

Charlie
08-04-2003, 12:42 AM
Size of 02's
Hey,
I have 16 02' that I bought last year as hatchlings. I fed mine every 4-7 days. Depends on the size of the meal before and how long it takes them to digest. I know this is probably on the line of power-feeding. I don't agree on power-feeding. Okay, back to my questions. About 6 of my sixteen 02' are atleast 100 or more grams. And then 5 are about 50-60 grams, the rest being below 50 grams. I feed all my snakes on the same schedule enless they are in shed mode. Why are some of them 100 grams or more when other are barely hitting 50 grams? Is there something I am doing wrong. Should I feed the smaller ones more offen and the bigger ones less? I know that each snake grows at its own rate but are some so slow that they are less than 50 grams? Most of the cornsthat are 100 or more are all males. Only one of them is a female and that is my orange candy cane. My miami and caramel both hatched in june. The rest were born the end of july into august. I took in all my babies, inlcuding my adults, balls, and brb to have them tested. Only a few tested positive for parasites. I treated all my snakes whether they tested positive or not. I have three of the seven snakes still living that tested positive. I lost the rest. Sad days..... Out of those three, two are over 100 grams and the other is about 50 grams. I don't know about the length on the bigger ones though I would say at least 24 inches. They are more robust than long. The big ones are a male caramel, male hypo, male miami het amel, male anery het amel, and a female candycane. Actually, come to think of it, even some of my bigger small ones are males. Would it be that the males tend to grow faster than the females? Now, one of the smaller ones I resently purchased at the spring show here in march. I purchased it from Wisconsin Jim. Now I know that was too early for it to be a 03 but it only weighed 25-30 grams when I bought it home. Now I think it is about 35.

Thanks Charlene Dourty