PDA

View Full Version : Creepy unexplained sound..

WebSlave
03-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Man, I don't know why but just listening to this makes my skin crawl and the hair stand up on the back of my neck....

X4DpHkWuOmQ

WebSlave
03-25-2011, 02:03 AM
And this one evidently was taken in my neck of the woods recently, but darn if I heard it....

32MhmnAg1xY

TheFragginDragon
03-25-2011, 08:52 AM
That second vid gave me the answer (and jogged my memory from when I was in the USAF)....that's the sound of jet engine testing inside a hanger. When the woman called 911, she mentioned she was near the airport.

Damned sound used to keep me up at night when I lived in base housing :Yawn:

WebSlave
03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
That second vid gave me the answer (and jogged my memory from when I was in the USAF)....that's the sound of jet engine testing inside a hanger. When the woman called 911, she mentioned she was near the airport.

Damned sound used to keep me up at night when I lived in base housing :Yawn:

Actually, I don't think the Tallahassee airport has any hangars large enough to pull in any commercial jet to do engine testing. It is a very small airport. Although I've been past the airport LOTS of times and never heard them testing any jet engines there, I guess this is a plausible explanation. Of course, you would think someone living near the airport would hear this sort of thing all of the time if it was a common occurence.

But I wonder what that flash of light might have been that seemed to shut down the noise? I was expecting to hear the sound of an explosion on the video.