PDA

View Full Version : snake rot?

Sssnaker boy
08-15-2003, 01:58 PM
i know u cant really see anything but in the middle there is a light gray speck look hard. and that is a scale there are smaller ones near it but they didnt come out. does it look like scale rot?

Sssnaker boy
08-15-2003, 02:01 PM
heres the belly see any red spots?

Sssnaker boy
08-15-2003, 02:04 PM
same as last

Thalia
09-12-2003, 05:37 AM
Hey,

I don't think the first pic with the grey scale is scale rot, scale rot generally happens on the belly from what I've heard. My corn has a few scales in her saddles that wre whiteish colored. Hard to tell without a clear image though. As for the third pic, I didn't notice any red marks. Scale rot is usually caused by being on a substrate that's too wet all the tim(and your newsprint looks mighty unwet to me), thus causing the scales to rot away on the belly. One way to tell for sure is to mix hydrogen peroxide and water 50/50, and rub some on the area with a cotton pad or a cloth or something. If the area in question bubbles up, then it is infected with something. If the peroxide doesn't bubble, I don't think it's anything to worry about. I suppose this post is a little late, being almost a month old, but I hope whatever has you worried has cleared up, hope this helps. Any questions, feel free to pm me.

Crystal