PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this gecko

HerpVenue
08-16-2003, 04:47 PM
I used to have this young gecko.
I posted a picture of it on another site.
Some guy named Mario Stinso says it is skinny and needs to be checked for parasites.
Maybe I am clueless.......but I thought he looked healthy. Not fat. Not skinny. Just right, lean, mean, and healthy lovable gecko machine.

KelliH
08-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Is he/she eating good? Pooping regularly? If so I would say you have nothing to worry about. How long have you had the little cutie?

Pennebaker
08-16-2003, 05:39 PM
LMAO--Your gecko looks fine to me too.

And if KelliH says it looks fine, then you know you are OK.

Dana

HerpVenue
08-16-2003, 08:35 PM
He was shedding and pooping just fine.
He got mostly crickets. Every other weekend he would get meal worms or wax worms.
Each and every single insect got dusted with vitamin stuff that I bought from the pet store.

I gave him to a very good friend whos boyfriend had broken her heart.
He cheered her up.
I got to visit anytime I want and even got keys to her barracks so I can visit him anytime I wanted.

But they have since moved to a different post.

I had him for 3-4 months.

E2MacPets
08-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the laugh! :D

Monte
09-01-2003, 03:44 PM
. . . LOL.

She looks just fine to me as well. I'm not sure how Mario would come to that conclusion.

Weird that he would say that . . .

Sybella
02-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Ritchie Luna
I gave him to a very good friend whos boyfriend had broken her heart.
He cheered her up.

Oh goodness! That was so sweet, Ritchie! All I've seen is your "mean" side here on the BOI. I didn't know you had it in you!! What a doll you are!! :)

And no...that gecko is not too thin. He looks great!!

diablohogs
02-24-2004, 10:41 PM
tail looks fat (in a good way). looks fine to me.

Golden Gate Geckos
02-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Ritchie, although many on this particular forum may not know the whole story, I am fully aware of the hatred between you and Mario. I think you know quite well why he would say that about your gecko, just like I know full-well why you posted this! LOL!

Anyway, the little gecko looks just fine. Besides, you do not want males to become too fat... especially breeders. It has been proven that breeder males with a lot of fat around the base of their tails have much higher incidences of hemipene prolapse due to the fat deposits around their cloaca.

E2MacPets
02-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Marcia, and everyone else, note that this topic was originally posted 6 months ago. Please let it die.

Golden Gate Geckos
02-25-2004, 07:22 PM
You are right, Steve... it is history. In my old age I guess the printing for the date was too small for me to read. Sorry!

Sybella
02-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Ah...my fault. I knew the thread was old but I wanted to comment on how sweet that was of Ritchie to do.

Yes, all, Mac is right. This thread is from last September. ;)