PDA

View Full Version : NFL Predictions!

Darin Chappell
09-08-2003, 12:20 PM
OK. We should have started this before this past week's action, but I was busy, and no one else jumped on it. However, it's never too late, so . . .

Here are my picks for the week 2 season of the NFL:

Washington @ Atlanta -- Redskins

Tennessee @ Indianapolis -- Titans

San Francisco @ St. Louis -- 49ers

Miami @ N.Y. Jets -- Jets

Cleveland @ Baltimore -- Ravens

New England @ Philadelphia -- Patriots

Chicago @ Minnesota -- Vikings

Detroit @ Green Bay -- Packers

Pittsburgh @ Kansas City -- Chiefs

Houston @ New Orleans -- Saints

Buffalo @ Jacksonville -- Bills

Seattle @ Arizona -- Sea Hawks

Denver @ San Diego -- Broncos

Cincinatti @ Oakland -- Raiders

Dallas @ N.Y. Giants -- Giants

So, what are your picks? I know a bunch of you are fans. Maybe we can keep a running total on percentages of correct picks? Just for bragging rights, but I think it would be fun.

kenster
09-09-2003, 11:46 PM
darin,
Ya know I can't let a football post go by with adding my .02..

Ok so here's my picks...

Redskins

Colts

49ers

Dolphins

Ravens

Eagles

Vikings

Pack and Lions ( tough choice which team will show up, as much as it pains me to say Lions looked very good Sunday and the Pack umm did not) So with that being said I'm going with LIONS

Chiefs (ouch that hurt;) )

Saints

Bills

SeaHawks

Chargers

Raiders (if only they wouldn't get 150 yards in penalities...grrr)

Giants

so there ya go

Darin Chappell
09-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Figured I could count on you, Ken! :D

Just one thing, though . . .

"Raiders (if only they wouldn't get 150 yards in penalities...grrr)"

But then they wouldn't be the Raiders anymore, would they???

:laugh: ;)

Darin Chappell
09-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Seriously, Ken, your picks look good too. Some of these were really a coin toss for me, this early in the season. I really, really, REALLY hope you're right about that Broncos-Chargers game, though! That is one I would NOT be upset about missing!

kenster
09-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Well I figure that since I drafted Jake "the snake" Plummer in my fantasy team he will pretty much just throw INT's all year. As soon as Brees gets in the grove SD will be a darn good team. Now that they have David Boston (who can catch everything that is thrown at him) they will get some points on the board. Keep a running total of our picks and next year the loser will have to wear either a Chiefs or Raiders jersey to a show we both will be at...hows that sound?

Darin Chappell
09-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Ken,

Well, while I have full confidence in my CHIEFS, my game pognostication skills are really poor! LOL

However, I'm game for what you suggested. I'll be at the Tinley Park show next month, but that's before the season ends. So, shall we say whoever has the worse percentage by that week has to wear the other teams' jersey to that show? Or do you want to carry this over till next year?

Either way, we can continue through the season with our picks for bragging rights, of course! :D

Whatever you want to do is fine with me. If we can get John, who is also in Michigan and a Raiders fan, if I'm not mistaken, invloved, that would be good too. Let me know . . .;)

kenster
09-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Darin,
The Tinley park show is the same weekend as opening of duck season. So I know there is no way I could make it there Saturday. Sunday I have an application in to hunt the waterfowl refuge, as soon as I hear back about that I'll start making plans for the show. I'm guessing I should hear back in the next week or so. If I do get in to hunt the refuge, I will not be able to make it this year.

If I don't get to make it this year, we will have to carry over the bet till next year. Either way I'll be bringing my digi cam to get some great pic's of you wearing a black #24 Woodson jersery:D Or would you rather have the white one?

As soon as I hear about my hunt, you'll be the first to know and then I'll let you pick white/black

Sasheena
09-13-2003, 12:00 AM
He said you got them all right DArin, except he chooses Arizona and Philadelphia (AZ because that's where we are.. gotta be loyal, even though it might be a stretch)

Darin Chappell
09-13-2003, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sasheena (or should I be thanking your husband???)!

Ken,

Hmmm...black or white. I'll have to give that a lot of thought. Whatever I wear, it will have to go good with RED . . .

That way, I won't clash with what you'll be wearing!

:laugh:

Sasheena
09-13-2003, 12:46 AM
We both watch football, but he actually picks out his favorites every week to bet on with his brother. I just vote for the 49ers, the Raiders, the Yellow Tights, and the cutest butts... not necessarily in that order.

kenster
09-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Darin,
I do not wear Red...And I'm thinking i won't ever have to wear red. Maybe I'll be nice and get you a Raiders jersery with Chappell on the back...:D

Darin Chappell
09-14-2003, 11:41 PM
Well,

Not counting the Monday Niter, where you and I both have the Giants picked, here are the stats so far:

Ken: 11 of 15 for a 73.33% picking percentage

Darin: 12 of 15 for a 80.00% picking percentage

Oh, and Ken . . .If the CHIEFS keep playing like they have been the last two weeks, it'll be OK for you to start wearing RED, buddy. We'll all understand!

:D

kenster
09-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Darin,
I was wondering how long it would take to see those numbers. I should have known better to go with the Lions. Just wishful thinking on my part. So it looks like you won this week. Have to start looking at week 3 now...

Now Darin don't start counting your chickens before they hatch...

I have to beat ya by two next week to be even..then you'll start seeing things in silver and black:D

Darin Chappell
09-15-2003, 08:59 AM
Ken,

All kidding aside, what do you think is wrong with the Raiders so far this year? I mean, they obviously have talent all over the place on the field, but they lost to the Titans (who got destroyed by the Colts) and then had to struggle against Cincinatti??? Something is wrong, for sure! Is it the age thing catching up to them, or was Gruden more a component than Al Davis was willing to admit?

Any team can be beaten by anyone on any given Sunday; that's true. But something seems to be really wrong with the Raiders right now. Any ideas?

kenster
09-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Darin,
Yeah there is a problem for sure. The first game there were too many penalites. And a couple of bad calls from the refs. Which I can think of one off the top of my head that gave the Titans a touch down. I'm also guessing that having Jerry Porter out is hurting them. He is the speedster on the team now. Don't get me wrong Rice and Brown can catch most things, but now that they are getting up there in age it seems they aren't the deep threat anymore. Is Garner 100% i'm guessing no. Will they ever say anything different I doubt it. Gannon is still one of the best QB's out there. But I'm guessing age has got to be catching up to him at some point. Once he is done, the second string hasn't really proved anything. Gruden was and still is a great coach. Was letting him go a bad idea, at this point in time I'd have to say yes. BUt do you think Al will ever come out and say that:uhh:

Darin Chappell
09-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Well, since the Giants (cough, cough) CHOKED last night ... here are the revised standings:

Darin - 12 of 16 -- 75%

Ken - 11 of 16 -- 68.8%

Week Three games are as follow:

N.Y. Jets @ New England

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta

Minnesota @ Detroit

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

N.Y. Giants @ Washington

Baltimore @ San Diego

Buffalo @ Miami

Kansas City @ Houston

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

New Orleans @ Tennessee

St. Louis @ Seattle

Green Bay @ Arizona

Cleveland @ San Fransisco

Oakland @ Denver

I'll get my picks in over the next day or two. I'm sure Ken will too, but ANYONE (Sasheena :D ) is more than welcome to join in on the picks. You don't have to be part of the agreement Ken and I have, but the more people picking the games, the more fun it will be!

drizzt_19
09-16-2003, 12:49 PM
N.Y. Jets

Tampa Bay

Detroit

Jacksonville

Washington

Baltimore

Miami

Houston

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Seattle

Green Bay

Cleveland

OAKLAND :dgrin:

Darin Chappell
09-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Glad you joined us, Gregg!

Here are my picks:

New England

Tampa Bay

Minnesota

Indianapolis

Washington

San Diego (bit of a coin flip on this one...I'm probably wrong)

Buffalo

Kansas City

Pittsburg

Tennessee

Seattle

Green Bay

San Francisco

Denver

Well, we differ on eight of the fourteen games this coming week, Gregg. One of us is going to have a very bad day! LOL

Don't ya just love football, though?!?!?

kenster
09-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Darin,
Well here are my picks:

Pats

Bucs

Vikings

Colts

Skins

Miami

Ravens

Chiefs

Steelers

Titans

Sea Hawks

Green Bay

49'ers

For the Monday night game this is a tough one! The Raiders are masters of Monday night, but they barely beat the Bungles so they just haven't looked good yet this season. I have to go check the injury report on Jake Plummer and see what his status is. So my pick for this one will be a few days away...

drizzt_19
09-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Well, we differ on eight of the fourteen games this coming week, Gregg. One of us is going to have a very bad day! LOL

I got a feeling that I am the one who's going to have a bad week...LOL...That's okay though cause when the RAIDERS win on monday, my week will be excellent...

Ken is it really that hard to choose between the RAIDERS and the denver ponies...RAIDERS will win...

Gotta love football...

kenster
09-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Gregg,
Trust me I bleed Silver and Black. But man they have looked like a high school team the past few weeks. Actually back into pre-season as well. But you bring up a valid point a true fan is always there through thick and thin...

Darin,
Put me down for the Raiders on Monday night!

drizzt_19
09-17-2003, 10:39 PM
soon they will learn to work together and the coach will learn how to work'em then they will be SuperBowl bound again...
:D :beer::nuts:

Sasheena
09-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Well here are MY picks, completely unscientific. If I have no opinion, I'll flip a brain cell (I have several spare ones) and choose one. :)

N.Y. Jets

Tampa Bay

Minnesota

Jacksonville

Washington

San Diego

Miami

Kansas City

Cincinnati

Tennessee

St. Louis

Green Bay @ Arizona {}Gotta go with dem YELLOW TIGHTS{}

San Fransisco

Oakland

Well there ya have it a completely unscientific pick! When hubby makes HIS picks I'll post them. I figure my random selections are almost as good. :)

Dragondad
09-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Ok here goes

Jets

Tampa Bay

Minnesota(even if I do live in MI)

Indy

Washington

Baltimore

Buffalo

KC

New Orleans

St Louis

Green Bay

49rs

Denver(read it and weap) can you say Super Bowl all you Faider fans

kenster
09-19-2003, 10:10 PM
MI, huh what part?

Super Bowl "ponies"...Yeah Right;)

Darin Chappell
09-22-2003, 12:27 AM
WOW! What a CRAZY Sunday of football!!! :D

Not counting Monday night, here are the stats:

Ken -- 10 of 13 -- 76.9% (21 of 29 -- 72.4% cummulative)

Darin -- 8 of 13 -- 61.5% (20 of 29 -- 69.0%)

Gregg -- 7 of 13 -- 53.8%

Sasheena -- 6 of 13 -- 46.2%

Michael -- 5 of 13 -- 38.5%

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! :D :D :D

drizzt_19
09-22-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By Dragondad Denver(read it and weap) can you say Super Bowl all you Faider fans

Yes, we can say superbowl cause that's where were the RAIDERS are going...:laugh:

:flamethr:denver

Darin,

You were right...I'm having a bad week so far...:( Of course after tonight's game I'll be having a great week...:D

Darin Chappell
09-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Well, the Raider MIGHT get to the Superbowl . . . .IF THEY BUY TICKETS!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

Ok. Now that THAT'S out of my system, let me put my official statistician's hat on and relay the final tally for week three.

Ken -- 10 of 14 -- 71.4% (21 of 30 -- 70.0% cummulative)

Darin -- 9 of 14 -- 64.3% (21 of 30 -- 70.0%)

Gregg -- 7 of 14 -- 50.0%

Sasheena -- 6 of 14 -- 42.9%

Michael -- 6 of 14 -- 42.9%

I'll put week four's games up for your consideration in a day or two. Keep the picks coming, everyone!

Darin Chappell
09-24-2003, 11:56 AM
OK. Well, the silence is deafening from the Raiders fans, but I hope you guys will not let Monday night's game throw you off to the point that you won't be able to make this week's picks!

Here are the matchups for week 4:

Arizona @ St. Louis

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh

Jacksonville @ Houston

Cincinnati @ Cleveland

San Diego @ Oakland

Atlanta @ Carolina

Indianapolis @ New Orleans

San Francisco @ Minnesota

New England @ Washington

Philadelphia @ Buffalo

Kansas City @ Baltimore

Dallas @ NY Jets

Denver @ Detroit

Monday Night: Green Bay @ Chicago

There they are, so let's put out thinking caps on and pick 'em well!

Ken, you and I are tied so far, and the Raiders versus Chiefs jersey issue is still on the line for Tinley Park! I'm really anxious to see you in a red #31 jersey, my friend! ;)

Darin Chappell
09-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Here are my picks in bold[/I]:

Arizona @ [B]St. Louis (If the Rams don't win this game, they need to officially change their name to the "Lambs!")

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh (could go either way, though)

Jacksonville @ Houston

Cincinnati @ Cleveland (my real upset pick!)

San Diego @ Oakland (Chargers are just horrible this year!)

Atlanta @ Carolina

Indianapolis @ New Orleans

San Francisco @ Minnesota

New England @ Washington

Philadelphia @ Buffalo

Kansas City @ Baltimore (the CHIEFS will most likely lose a couple this year, and this could be one of those games, but I don't pick against them, no matter what! :D )

Dallas @ NY Jets (Picking Parcells more than the 'Boys)

Denver @ Detroit

Monday Night: Green Bay @ Chicago (Could there be any bigger YAWNER than this for MNF???)

Next???

Darin Chappell
09-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Don't know what I did wrong, but here is the pick in the right format:

Arizona @ St. Louis

:nuts:

Dragondad
09-24-2003, 12:12 PM
So we have established that last week I couldnt pick football, (except my Donkies-go denver). Ken sorry it took so long to respond I am in Grand Rapids.

My Picks

St Louis

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Cleveland

Oakland(bad taste in my mouth)

Carolina

Indy

49ers

New England

Buffalo

KC

Jets

Denver

Green Bay

Might just have to try to go to the game sunday. The Game of course being my Broncos against Detroit

drizzt_19
09-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Well monday night's game was a serious blow to my heart, but fear not for the Raiders will rule all

Arizona

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Cleveland

Oakland :D We Will prevail

Atlanta

New Orleans

San Francisco

New England

Buffalo

Baltimore

NY Jets

Detroit

Green Bay

kenster
09-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Michael,
Oh I'm in Clio just north of Flint.

Darin,
OK here are my picks,

Rams

Steelers

Jags

Browns

Raiders

Panthers

Colts

Vikings

Skins

Bills

Chiefs

Jets

Denver

Packers

Darin Chappell
09-24-2003, 07:15 PM
This is bad . . .this is very, very bad!

Ken, you and I only differ on three games, and you're probably right on all three!!!

It could be silver and black for me at Tinley Park, if I'm not careful!

:eek2:

kenster
09-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Darin
I liked all your picks, but I know going with you 100% wasn't going to get me anywhere.

BTW, what size jersey should i bring along:D

Darin Chappell
09-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Bigger than a Corner Back, smaller than a Nose Guard. :D

Darin Chappell
09-29-2003, 01:53 AM
Well, we all picked the Packers for MNF, so it won't really make any difference in the standings as they are now. But I suspect it will help all of our numbers!

Here's where we all stand:

Darin -- 11 of 13 -- 84.6% (32 of 43 -- 74.4% cummulative)

Ken -- 8 of 13 -- 67.4% (29 of 43 -- 67.4%)

Michael -- 7 of 13 -- 53.8% (13 of 27 -- 48.1%)

Sasheena -- no picks -- (6 of 14 -- 42.9%)

Gregg -- 2 of 13 -- 15.4% (9 of 27 -- 33.3%)

Lots of close calls out there today! You just have to LOVE this game!!! :D

drizzt_19
09-29-2003, 03:28 AM
Definetly not good week for me, huh???Seems as though my picks just weren't right...Maybe I'll have better luck next week...

Darin Chappell
09-30-2003, 01:14 AM
Well, since the Packers walked all over the Bears tonight, here are the final standings for week 4:

Darin -- 12 of 14 -- 85.7% (33 of 44 -- 75.0% cummulative)

Ken -- 9 of 14 -- 64.3% (30 of 44 -- 68.2%)

Michael -- 8 of 14 -- 57.1% (14 of 28 -- 50.0%)

Gregg -- 3 of 14 -- 21.4% (10 of 28 -- 35.7%)

I'll post the matchups for week 5 in a day or two. Let's keep those picks coming!

;)

Darin Chappell
10-01-2003, 11:44 AM
All right . . .let's get ready for week 5! The schedule of games is as follows:

Minnesota @ Atlanta

Miami @ NY Giants

Cincinnati @ Buffalo

Arizona @ Dallas

Denver @ Kansas City

Detroit @ San Francisco

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh

Tennessee @ New England

New Orleans @ Carolina

Oakland @ Chicago

Seattle @ Green Bay

San Diego @ Jacksonville

Washington @ Philadelphia

Indianapolis @ Tampa Bay

Let's put our thinking caps on, and get those picks in!

Darin Chappell
10-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Ken,

As it turns out, I won't be able to go to the Tinley Park show as I wanted to do. So, I won't be there to see you wearing the CHIEFS jersey! :D

How about this: What if we just continue the contest of picks to the end of the season, and the one with the worst record in the final analysis has to post a picture here in this thread of himself wearing the other's jersey? Now, be careful before you accept this challenge . . .the posts here are not within our ability to delete or alter . . .you could be seen wearing a CHIEFS jersey for a long, LONG time!!!

I'm game, if you are. Let me know . . .

Darin Chappell
10-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Here are my picks for week five:

Minnesota @ Atlanta

Miami @ NY Giants This one could go either way

Cincinnati @ Buffalo

Arizona @ Dallas

Denver @ Kansas City If this were at Mile High, I'd worry more

Detroit @ San Francisco

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh

Tennessee @ New England

New Orleans @ Carolina

Oakland @ Chicago

Seattle @ Green Bay

San Diego @ Jacksonville Two 0-4 teams: 0 - 0 tie, maybe?

Washington @ Philadelphia

Indianapolis @ Tampa Bay This could go either way, but Tampa Bay is NOT New Orleans. I don't think there'll be any six TD passes from Peyton this week!

Dragondad
10-01-2003, 07:10 PM
I will keep this not matter how bad it gets.

Minnesota

Miami

Dallas

Detroit

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Carolina

Oakland

Green Bay

Jacksonville

Washington

Tampa

Ok Darrin, my head say KC will win, and if anyone ever claims I said that I will deny it. My heart is still with Denver. So Denver is my pick and hope they can get a running game going.

drizzt_19
10-01-2003, 08:25 PM
I seem to have been having a few bad weeks but I think that gonna change this week...:) Here's my picks...

Atlanta

Miami

Buffalo

Dallas

Kansas City (That Hurts):)

San Francisco

Pittsburgh

New England

Carolina

Oakland

Green Bay

Jacksonville

Washington

Tampa Bay

kenster
10-02-2003, 12:29 AM
Darin,
Sounds like a bet to me! Man I'm down three games already I need something this weekend...And for my picks...

Vikings

Miami

Bills

Chiefs

49'ers

Steelers

Tenn.

Panthers

Raiders

Seahawks

Jags

Skins

Colts...Have to go with Colts, thanks to Harrison I won last weeks fantasy game..making me 4-0

Darin, I'm gonna feel bad when you have to buy a nice new raiders jersey, so i'll just send you one down for your picture and you can send it back to me afterwards...

Darin Chappell
10-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Well, Ken, if you win, and I do end up having to buy a Raiders jersey, it will be all right, I suppose. I can always use another rag to wipe my hands on after cleaning out the horses' stalls!

Darin Chappell
10-05-2003, 11:33 PM
Uhhhmmmm . . .well, week 5 has been, shall we say . . .

INTERESTING?!?!?!?

Not counting Monday night's game, here's where we all stand thus far:

Darin -- 5 of 13 -- 38.5% (37 of 56 -- 66.1% cummulative)

Ken -- 7 of 12 -- 58.3% (36 of 55 -- 65.5%)

Michael -- 6 of 12 -- 50.0% (19 of 39 -- 48.7%)

Gregg -- 9 of 13 -- 69.2% (18 of 40 -- 45.0%)

Gregg tore it up, I stunk, and both Ken and Michael didn't pick a game each (sorry, guys, I totally missed the lack of a pick in those two games on your parts, or I would have emailed you!).

The Raiders are totally having their wheels fall off, the Chargers may very well be the WORST team of the decade (Tell me now about "Marty-Ball," Charger fans! :D), and the CHIEFS are 5-0 for the VERY first time in their franchise history!!! Woo-Hoo! :D

kenster
10-06-2003, 12:48 AM
Darin,
Grrr i needed that win too. I had Dallas too. Next time I need to write it down. I can't believe that, now i need the Colts to win so we can be tied. It was a very sad weekend for me. Michigan lost and the Raiders lost. And I have spent all but 12 hours of my "weekend" here at work...Oh well there is always next weekend right??

Darin Chappell
10-07-2003, 03:00 AM
Final standings for week 5:

Ken -- 8 of 13 -- 61.5% (37 of 56 -- 66.1% cummulative)

Darin -- 5 of 14 -- 35.7% (37 of 57 -- 64.9%)

Michael -- 6 of 13 -- 46.2% (19 of 40 -- 47.5%)

Gregg -- 9 of 14 -- 64.3% (18 of 41 -- 43.9%)

Well, Ken, there you go! :D

What a great game!!! It was worth losing my pick just to see the Colts come back from 21 down with only 4 mins. to go! OUTSTANDING effort on the Colts' part!

I'll post week 6's schedule in a day or two. Keep the pencils sharp, everyone!

Darin Chappell
10-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Week 6 is now upon us, so it is time to make those predictions! The schedule is as follows:

N.Y. Giants @ New England

Chicago @ New Orleans

Tampa Bay @ Washington

Miami @ Jacksonville

Oakland @ Cleveland

Eagles @ Dallas

Kansas City @ Breen Bay

Houston @ Tennessee

Carolina @ Indianapolis

Pittsbrugh @ Denver

Buffalo @ N.Y. Jets

Baltimore @ Arizona

San Francisco @ Seattle

Monday Night:

Atlanta @ St. Louis

OK, That's 14 games, so let's all make sure we have 14 picks! :D The picks percentages have been fairly widespread on a week-to-week basis, and it's really early in the season. Bragging Rights for an entire year are at stake gentlemen (not to meantion certain jersey wearing side wagers!), so let's keep those picks coming!

Darin Chappell
10-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Here are my picks in bold for week 6:

N.Y. Giants @ New England Total coin flip!

Chicago @ New Orleans

Tampa Bay @ Washington

Miami @ Jacksonville

Oakland @ Cleveland

Eagles @ Dallas I just don't think Dallas can win 4 in a row

Kansas City @ Green Bay KC could lose this week, but I can't pick against them!!!

Houston @ Tennessee

Carolina @ Indianapolis Should be a good game!

Pittsbrugh @ Denver

Buffalo @ N.Y. Jets

Baltimore @ Arizona

San Francisco @ Seattle

Monday Night:

Atlanta @ St. Louis

Here's to a more successful week of picks! :dunce:

drizzt_19
10-08-2003, 12:52 PM
New England

Chicago

Washington

Jacksonville

Oakland

Dallas

Green Bay

Houston

Indianapolis Coin flip on this one...Should be interesting

Pittsbrugh

Buffalo

Baltimore

San Francisco

Monday Night:

Atlanta

Hope this weeks picks are as good as last weeks picks...:)

Darin Chappell
10-08-2003, 12:57 PM
"Hope this weeks picks are as good as last weeks picks..."

If they are, I'm in BAD shape!!! We differ on nine games out of fourteen! It's going to get rough this week . . .

:uhh:

Dragondad
10-08-2003, 01:13 PM
Lets see if we can get them all this time.

New England

Chicago

Tampa Bay

Miami

Oakland

Eagles

KC

Tennessee

Indy

Denver

Buffalo

Baltimore

San Fran

St Louis

Unless my fingers and toes are making a mistake thats 14. Hope this gets better. Was really hoping that after last week both Darin and Ken would have to seriously look at wearing Broncos but alas was not to be.

kenster
10-08-2003, 06:36 PM
OK here we go with my picks. And I have counted twice and I have 14, and I'm sure the people around me are really glad there aren't 21 games this week;)

Pats

Da Bears

Bucs

Miami

Raiders

Eagles

KC

Titians

Colts

Broncos

Bills

Ravens

Seahawks

Rams

Darin,
I'm going to be out of town and away from a PC starting the 17th until the 26th. I'll get in next weeks picks before I leave, but then I'll e-mail you my week 8 picks, that way you have them...

Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
10-13-2003, 12:35 PM
Well, since I was late on the other games, I can still talk about the Falcons getting spanked by the Rams.

Sad when you come to expect your team to get beaten every game. But wait, Vick will be back...I think...maybe....at some point this season. And THEN 8 weeks into the season we can make something happen...ummm, yeah.

:erm: :crying:

Darin Chappell
10-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Rob,

None of us are on the same page as far as the number of games we've picked, for one reason or another. You might as well jump on in this week! :D

OK. Here are the results from week 6 along with the running totals:

Darin -- 10 of 14 -- 71.4% (47 of 71 -- 66.2% cummulative)

Ken -- 9 of 14 -- 64.3% (46 of 70 -- 65.7%)

Michael -- 10 of 14 -- 71.4% (29 of 54 -- 53.7%)

Gregg -- 4 of 14 -- 28.6% (22 of 55 -- 40.0%)

There you have it . . .we're almost to the mid-point of the regular season, if you can believe THAT!!!

I post the week seven schedule soon, so keep your picks coming in. Everyone is close enough to make a run for the ultimate fauna bragging rights!

Darin Chappell
10-16-2003, 03:55 PM
OK . . .Week 7 is here, and it is time to make those picks public!

Here are the games:

Green Bay @ St. Louis

Denver @ Minnesota

Tennessee @ Carolina

Baltimore @ Cincinatti

Dallas @ Detroit

Washington @ Buffalo

Chicago @ Seattle

New England @ Miami

Philadelphia @ N.Y. Giants

New Orleans @ Atlanta

San Diego @ Cleveland

N.Y. Jets @ Houston

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco

Monday night:

Kansas City @ Oakland

There they are . . .let's get picking! (I mean the games, Oakland fans! :D )

Darin Chappell
10-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Here are my choices:

Green Bay

Minnesota (Home field advantage and a backup Denver QB are all that sends me this way)

Carolina

Baltimore (Could go either way, though)

Dallas (Can they win 5 in a row? I hope so!)

Washington (Buffalo is just horrible)

Seattle

Miami (Should be a good game)

Philadelphia

New Orleans (Coin flip)

Cleveland (S.D. is terrible because of Marty!)

Houston

Tampa Bay

Monday night:

Kansas City (I can't WAIT for this game!!! The Raiders always play the CHIEFS tough, so I don't think will be an easy game by any means, but we definitely owe the Raiders for the last few years' worth of humiliation! It just might be payback time, fellas!)

Next?!?!?!? ;)

10-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Okay, I know I'm running behind the curve for being so late getting in, but I'll be making my picks for each week like everyone else...assuming anyone cares. ;)

Green Bay

Minnesota

Carolina

Baltimore

Dallas

Washington

Seattle

New England

Philadelphia

New Orleans(come on, like I'd REALLY pick the Falcons after Monday night's embarrassment)

San Diego(talk about pulling out of a hat)

Houston

Tampa Bay

And for Monday Night I'm picking the KC Chiefs, but don't really care one way or the other.

There ya go!

drizzt_19
10-17-2003, 02:01 AM
Green Bay @ St. Louis

Denver @ Minnesota

Tennessee @ Carolina

Baltimore @ Cincinatti

Dallas @ Detroit

Washington

Seattle

New England

Philadelphia

Atlanta

San Diego

Houston

Tampa Bay

Oakland This is going to be a very good game ;)

Dragondad
10-17-2003, 07:17 AM
Green Bay

Denver

Carolina

Baltimore

Dallas

Washington

Chicago

Miami

Giants

Atlanta

Cleveland

Jets

Tampa Bay

Oakland
Sorry about that Darin, I do feel that KC is the better team but the Raiders seem to come out of nowhere and hurt the division rivals when you least suspect them.

Darin Chappell
10-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Greg,

I need you to clarify those first five games there as to your picks. I don't want you to miss out on any opportunities there! :D

You guys could definitely be right about Oakland. I mean, the CHIEFS have to lose sometime during this season, and given Oakland's previous five weeks' performances, it would be very easy to take them too lightly. However, because the CHIEFS owe the Raiders for the last few years worth of humiliation, because it is in Oakland, and because it is Monday Night Football with a national audience, I think the CHIEFS will be plenty up for the game.

BTW, I haven't gotten anything from Ken yet. I hope he is able to get his picks in. Ken, if you're able to read this, get out of the duck blind long enough to email me your picks, buddy! I am REALLY looking forward to seeing your picture in a CHIEFS jersey posted here for a long, long time! :laugh:

Darin Chappell
10-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Well, here are week seven's crazy results!!!

Ken -- NO PICKS -- (46 of 70 -- 65.7% cummulative)

Darin -- 6 of 14 -- 42.9% (53 of 85 -- 62.4%)

Rob -- 8 of 14 -- 57.1% (8 of 14 -- 57.1%)

Michael -- 2 of 14 -- 14.3% (31 of 68 -- 45.6%)

Sasheena -- NO PICKS -- (6 of 14 -- 42.9%)

Gregg -- 4 of 9 -- 44.4% (26 of 64 -- 40.6%)

How good are we??? I mean, Ken doesn't get his picks in, and he STILL Moves up to the top of the list!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Oh well . . .week eight's schedule will be up for your individual consideration shortly. Keep those picks coming, everyone!

Dragondad
10-21-2003, 10:30 PM
What a week in the NFL. The wrong upsets happened. And my Broncos are down to a third string QB and no back up in site. Wonder if Elway wants to unretire??

10-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Darrin,

of course Ken moves up. He didn't get any WRONG like the rest of us this week. lol

Darin Chappell
10-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Tell you what . . .let's all just pretend that week seven never happened . . .OK? I mean, except the part about the CHIEFS winning in Oakland, of course! :D

Anyway, here is the schedule for week eight in the NFL:

N.Y. Giants @ Minnesota

Carolina @ New Orleans

Tennesee @ Jacksonville

Detroit @ Chicago

St. Louis @ Pittsburgh

Houston @ Indianapolis

Buffalo @ Kansas City

Cleveland @ New England

Dallas @ Tampa Bay

Denver @ Baltimore

Seattle @ Cincinnati

San Francisco @ Arizona

N.Y. Jets @ Philadelphia

Miami @ San Diego

OK . . . get your thinking caps on everyone! Ken, if you can read this, go ahead and email me your picks for this week, and I'll post them here for you.

Darin Chappell
10-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Here are my picks for what they're worth (apparently nothing! :rolleyes: )

Minnesota

Carolina -- Bounce back time for the Panthers

Tennesee

Chicago -- Who really cares???

St. Louis

Indianapolis

Kansas City

New England

Tampa Bay - If Dallas wins this week, Bill Parcels ought to be president!

Baltimore - All a 3rd string QB has to do is hand off to Portis, but the Ravens' run defense is one of the best in the NFL

Seattle

San Francisco

N.Y. Jets - I've picked the Eagles and against the Jets pretty consitantly to no avail. Let's see if this way works!

Miami - Marty's team will slouch back to its losing ways

Next?!?!?!?

drizzt_19
10-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Darin,

I never saw the post you made to me about choosing the game until sunday afternoon...To late to change it...I have double checked this pick and all 14 are there...

N.Y. Giants

New Orleans

Tennesee

Detroit

Pittsburgh

Houston

Buffalo

New England

Tampa Bay

Baltimore

Seattle

San Francisco

N.Y. Jets

Miami

Darin Chappell
10-23-2003, 12:13 AM
Gregg,

I'm sorry. I should have emailed you, but I didn't even realize that you had not yet responded until it was too late. I'll try to keep a closer eye on the pick totals from now onward.

Dragondad
10-23-2003, 05:10 AM
After last week I am trying something new closing my eyes, going into a trance and letting my fingers just type. Figure if I end up picking "kslkdo" over "cdkdl" then it isnt any worse than 2 for 14.

Minnesota

Carolina

Titans

Detroit

Pittsburgh

Indy

KC

New England

Tampa

Baltimore(that really hurts)

Seattle

San Fran

Jets

Miami

Ok thats 14 and the new office pool is which 2 did I get right....

10-24-2003, 08:54 AM
Here's mine for week 8. Thankfully it's a bi-week, so I don't have to watch my Falcons get spanked again this Sunday. ;)

Minnesota

Chicago

Houston

Kansas City

Cleveland

Dallas

Baltimore

Seattle

San Francisco

Philadelphia

Miami

Jacksonville(I can HOPE, right?!)

Carolina

There you go!

Darin Chappell
10-24-2003, 12:34 PM
That's only 13 games there, Rob. What is your pick on the Rams vs. Steelers game???

10-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Sorry about that Darrin!!! Darn early mornings. :D

I pick the Steelers to take that one.

Sasheena
10-26-2003, 01:20 AM
My picks for this week. :)

Saints
Patriots
tampa bay
Broncos
Lions
Vikings
seahawks
Rams
Titans
49ers
Colts
Eagles
Cheifs
Chargers

kenster
10-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Darin,
Sorry I missed last week! I got really busy and forgot to post. I just walked through the door after a 20 hour drive but here are my picks..
Vikings
Panthers
Titans
Lions
Steelers
Colts
KC
New England
Bucs
Ravens
Seahawks
49er's
eagles
Miami

I was out in ND pheasant hunting, had a blast! Got a lot of birds, and not once turned on a TV! Anyway I can get an hour nap before the games start...

10-31-2003, 11:58 AM
Picks for this week and stats for last???

Darin Chappell
10-31-2003, 02:59 PM
Sorry, Gang! I got a little swamped in that whole "real job" thinkg this week! What an imposition that "work thing" is getting to be! LOL

Here are the stats as they currently stand:

Ken -- 9 of 14 -- 64.3% (55 of 84 -- 65.5% cummulative)

Darin -- 10 of 14 -- 71.4% (63 of 99 -- 63.6%)

Rob -- 6 of 14 -- 42.9% (14 of 28 -- 50.0%)

Michael -- 8 of 14 -- 57.1% (39 of 82 -- 47.6%)

Sasheena -- 7 of 14 -- 50% (13 of 28 -- 46.4%)

Gregg -- 6 of 14 -- 42.9% (32 of 78 -- 41.0%)

Darin Chappell
10-31-2003, 03:02 PM
Here are this week's games (week 9):

Indianapolis @ Miami

New Orleans @ Tampa Bay

Carolina @ Houston

Oakland @ Detroit

Cincinatti @ Arizona

Philadelphia @ Atlanta

Green Bay @ Minnesota

N.Y. Giants @ N.Y. Jets

Jacksonville @ Baltimore

San Diego @ Chicago

Pittsburgh @ Seattle

St. Louis @ San Francisco

Washington @ Dallas

Monday Night:

New England @ Denver

Sorry for the delay everyone!

Darin Chappell
10-31-2003, 03:04 PM
And here are my picks for this week:

Indianapolis

Tampa Bay

Carolina

Oakland

Cincinatti

Philadelphia

Minnesota

N.Y. Jets -- Total coin flip!

Baltimore

Chicago

Seattle

St. Louis

Dallas

Monday Night:

New England

There ya go! :D

10-31-2003, 03:34 PM
Indiana

Tampa Bay

Carolina

Oakland

Arizona

Phillie

Minnesota

Giants

Jacksonville

San Diego

Pittsburgh

San Francisco

Dallas

Monday Night:

New England

Dragondad
10-31-2003, 05:01 PM
time for the old mo to change

Colts

Tampa Bay

Carolina

Oakland

Bengals

Philly

Minnesota

Giants

Baltimore

Chicago

Seattle

St Louis

Washington

Denver

kenster
10-31-2003, 08:29 PM
Here is mine:
Colts

Tampa Bay

Pathers

Raiders (they better win since I'll be at the game!)

Cards

Eagles

Vikings

Giants

Ravens

Chargers

Seahawks

Rams

Skins

New England

drizzt_19
10-31-2003, 09:18 PM
Darin,

Thanks for the reminder...

Miami

Tampa Bay

Carolina

Oakland

Arizona

Philadelphia

Green Bay

N.Y. Giants

Jacksonville

Chicago(coin flip here)

Pittsburgh

San Francisco

Washington

Monday Night:

New England

I believe they are all there...Hope this week is better then the previous weeks picks...Never knew my luck could be so bad...LOL...

Sasheena
11-02-2003, 10:44 AM
My choices aren't very scientific. :)

panthers
dolphins
ravens
buccaneers
Giants
Raiders
Chargers
Bengals
Steelers
Eagles
49ers
Redskins
Green bay (Go yellow tights)
Broncos

Darin Chappell
11-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Well. week nine's results were mediocre for our picking abilities, to say the very least!

Hope fully we can do better on week ten's picks!

Ken -- 7 of 14 -- 50.0% (62 of 98 -- 63.3% cummulative)

Darin -- 7 of 14 -- 50.0% (70 of 113 -- 61.9%)

Rob -- 7 of 14 -- 50.0% (21 of 42 -- 50.0%)

Michael -- 6 of 14 -- 42.9% (45 of 96 -- 46.9%)

Sasheena -- 5 of 14 -- 35.7% (18 of 42 -- 42.9%)

Gregg -- 7 of 14 -- 50.0% (39 of 92 -- 42.4%)

Keep 'em coming, folks!

Darin Chappell
11-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Here is the schedule for week ten:

Atlanta @ N.Y. Giants

Seattle @ Washington

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville

Chicago @ Detroit

Cleveland @ Kansas City

N.Y. Jets @ Oakland

Baltimore @ St. Louis

Arizona @ Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Houston @ Cincinnati

Miami @ Tennessee

Minnesota @ San Diego

Buffalo @ Dallas

Monday Night:

Philadelphia @ Green Bay

Good luck, Everyone! :D

Darin Chappell
11-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Here are my picks:

N.Y. Giants

Seattle

Indianapolis

Chicago

Kansas City (It's been a long two weeks for me, guys!)

N.Y. Jets

St. Louis (toss up)

Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay (could go either way, though)

Cincinnati (only because their at home)

Tennessee (home field swayed me here too)

Minnesota

Dallas

Monday Night:

Green Bay

Next???

drizzt_19
11-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Here's my picks for week 10...

N.Y. Giants

Seattle

Indianapolis

Chicago

Cleveland

Oakland

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay

Houston

Tennessee

minnesota

Dallas

Monday Night:

Green Bay

kenster
11-05-2003, 06:21 PM
And here are mine:

Giants

Seahawks

Colts

Bears

KC

Raiders

Steelers

Ravens

TB

Huston

Dolphins

Vikings

Buffalo

Green Bay

Sasheena
11-06-2003, 09:25 AM
N.Y. Giants

Washington

Indianapolis

Chicago

Kansas City

N.Y. Jets

St. Louis

Arizona

Tampa Bay

Cincinnati

Miami

Minnesota

Dallas

Green Bay

11-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Here we go for this week...

NY Giants

Washington

Jacksonville

Chicago

Kansas City

Oakland

St. Louis

Pittsburgh

Carolina

Houston

Tennessee

Minnesota

Dallas

Monday:

Green Bay

Dragondad
11-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Giants

Seattle

Indy

Detroit

KC

Raiders

Baltimore

Steelers

Tampa Bay

Houston

Tennessee

Minnesota

Dallas

Green Bay

Darin Chappell
11-11-2003, 03:39 PM
OUCH!!!!

It was the week of upsets in week ten (all three 1-7 teams won?!?!?), and we all got bit in the seat of our pants!

Darin -- 7 of 14 -- 50.0% (77 of 127 -- 60.6% cummulative)

Ken -- 2 of 14 -- 14.3% (64 of 112 -- 57.1%)

Rob -- 7 of 14 -- 50.0% (28 of 56 -- 50.0%)

Michael -- 5 of 14 -- 35.7% (50 of 110 -- 45.5%)

Sasheena -- 6 of 14 -- 42.9% (24 of 56 -- 42.9%)

Gregg -- 3 of 14 -- 21.4% (42 of 106 -- 39.6%)

Well, I would say that week eleven just HAS to get better, but I thought that about week ten too! Shows that my picks about picking are just as bad as my picking the games!

The week eleven schedule will be out shortly! :D

Darin Chappell
11-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Here is the schedule for week 11. There are no more bye weeks for anyone, so it's 16 games to pick each week from here on out!

Baltimore @ Miami

N.Y. Giants @ Philadelphia

Houston @ Buffalo

Kansas City @ Cincinnati

Jacksonville @ Tennessee

San Diego @ Denver

Green Bay @ Tampa Bay

Dallas @ New England

Atlanta @ New Orleans

Washington @ Carolina

St. Louis @ Chicago

Arizona @ Cleveland

N.Y. Jets @ Indianapolis

Detroit @ Seattle

Minnesota @ Oakland

Noday Night:

Pittsburgh @ San Francisco

Ok, everyone . . .let's get those picks ready and try not to totally detonate ourselves in the process!

:detonate:

Darin Chappell
11-12-2003, 04:28 PM
Here are my picks for the upcoming week:

Baltimore

Philadelphia

Houston

Kansas City

Tennessee

Denver

Green Bay

Dallas

New Orleans

Carolina

St. Louis

Cleveland

Indianapolis

Seattle

Minnesota

Noday Night:

San Francisco

There you go! Next???

Dragondad
11-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Baltimore

Philly

Buffalo

KC

Tennessee

Denver

Tampa

Dallas

New Orleans

Caroliina

St Louis

Cleveland

Indy

Seattle

Minnesota

Pittsburgh

drizzt_19
11-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Baltimore

Philadelphia

Buffalo

Kansas City ( I hate that:( )

Tennessee

San Diego

Tampa Bay

Dallas

New Orleans

Washington

St. Louis

Arizona

N.Y. Jets

Seattle

Oakland

Noday Night:

Pittsburgh

kenster
11-14-2003, 02:46 PM
OK here is mine, almost forgot to post, since i'm headed out the door for opening weekend of deer season...

Miami

Eagles

Buffalo

KC

Titans

Denver

Green Bay

Dallas

Saints

Panthers

Rams

Arizona

Colts

Seahawks

Vikings (you know how much thta hurts but hey I need a WIN)

Steelers

Oh yeah just to point it out, I HATE dial up, a wind storm knocked out my cable modem so now I'm left with dial up until Monday...Good thing I'll be in the woods all weekend...

11-14-2003, 03:41 PM
OKay, here are my pics. Hopefuly I can break the 50% mark this week. But I guess being even Steven ain't too bad either. ;)

Miami

Philadelphia

Houston

Kansas City

Tennessee(as much as I love my Jags...)

Denver

Green Bay

Dallas

New Orleans

Carolina

St. Louis

Arizona

Indianapolis

Seattle

Minnesota

San Francisco

There we go.

Sasheena
11-15-2003, 11:13 PM
Miami

Philadelphia

Buffalo

Kansas City

Tennessee

Denver

Green Bay

New England

New Orleans

Carolina

St. Louis

Cleveland

Indianapolis

Seattle

Minnesota

San Francisco

Darin Chappell
11-17-2003, 09:04 AM
I didn't see any deer clearly enough to get a shot off, AND my CHIEFS lost! Tough weekend!!!

:kaboom:

Dragondad
11-17-2003, 09:23 PM
The not only lost (I mean we figured that was going to happen sooner or later) but they lost to the Bengals. Bet no one got that one right

Darin Chappell
11-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Much better weeks for the picks, everyone (In spite of my CHIEFS losing)! However, the real applause has to go to Sasheena this week for going 13-3 on her picks!!! Of course, Sasheena has picked games based on the color of the pants teams wear in the past, but I am certain she has put all of the necessary study and football ingenuity to work this past week. I mean, she surely didn't put us all to shame based on who was wearing what color, right?!?!?!? :D

Seriously, congratulations, Sasheena! That's a good week's picks, no matter how you come up with them!

Darin -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (89 of 145 -- 61.4% cummulative)

Ken -- 10 of 16 -- 62.5% (74 of 128 -- 57.8%)

Rob -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (40 of 72 -- 55.6%)

Michael -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3% (59 of 126 -- 46.8%)

Sasheena -- 13 of 16 -- 81.3% (37 of 72 -- 51.4%)

Gregg -- 7 of 16 -- 43.8% (49 of 122 -- 40.2%)

There you have it! Next week's schedule will be up in the next couple of days. Keep those pencils sharp!

11-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Woohoo! Much better week everyone!

And I have to say, I think the KC loss threw just about EVERYONE. Never in a million years would I have picked the BENGALS over the Chiefs, let alone this season. I knew they had a loss coming eventually, but D@MN. That one had to hurt bad.

Darin Chappell
11-19-2003, 10:53 AM
OK. Here is the schedule for week 12, so let's get those picks in!

Detroit @ Minnesota

New Orleans @ Philadelphia

New England @ Houston

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland

San Francisco @ Green Bay

St. Louis @ Arizona

Oakland @ Kansas City

Washington @ Miami

Jacksonville @ N.Y. Jets

Seattle @ Baltimore

Indianapolis @ Buffalo

Carolina @ Dallas

Chicago @ Denver

Cincinatti @ San Diego

Tennessee @ Atlanta

Monday Night:

N.Y. Giants @ Tampa Bay

Darin Chappell
11-19-2003, 10:56 AM
My picks:

Minnesota

Philadelphia

New England

Cleveland

Green Bay

St. Louis

Kansas City

Miami

Jacksonville -- Could go either way

Seattle -- Another coin flip here

Indianapolis

Dallas

Denver

Cincinatti

Tennessee

Monday Night:

Tampa Bay

11-19-2003, 11:08 AM
Okay, here are mine for Week 12.

Minnesota

Philadelphia

Houston

Cleveland

Green Bay

St. Louis

Kansas City...they NEED this win after losing to the Bengals

Miami

Jacksonville

Baltimore...coin flip for me on this one, too, but I pick the other side of the coin

Indianapolis

Carolina

Denver

Cincinatti

Tennessee

Monday Night:

Tampa Bay

kenster
11-20-2003, 11:30 AM
And mine too:

Vikings

Eagles

New England

Browns

Green Bay

Rams

KC (no comments please)

Miami

Jets

Seahawks

Colts

Dallas

Denver

Cinci

Titans

Tampa Bay

Dragondad
11-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Minnesota

Philly

New England

Cleveland

San Fran

St Louis

Oakland

Miami

Jets

Baltimore

Indy

Dallas

Denver

Bengals

Tennessee

Tampa

Sasheena
11-21-2003, 08:38 PM
However, the real applause has to go to Sasheena this week for going 13-3 on her picks!!! Of course, Sasheena has picked games based on the color of the pants teams wear in the past, but I am certain she has put all of the necessary study and football ingenuity to work this past week. I mean, she surely didn't put us all to shame based on who was wearing what color, right?!?!?!?

Only one team has an automatic IN due to the color of their tights, and that is Green Bay. :)

Actually though, I cheated.... This time I had a migraine, so I said "Honey, what are YOUR picks?" and he obligingly told me who he was picking, so the kudos go to him.

Here are MY picks for this upcoming week:

Minnesota (Purple is good)

New Orleans

New England

Pittsburgh

San Francisco @ Green Bay OOOH... it's the classic game... first football game I EVER saw was the one right before super bowl 16 SF vs Green Bay. How does one choose? The "home" team going WAY back.... or those darn yellow tights! Gonna go with the Yellow tights on this... GREEN BAY

St. Louis

Kansas City

Miami

N.Y. Jets

Baltimore

Indianapolis

Dallas

Denver

Cincinatti

Tennessee

Monday Night:

N.Y. Giants

Darin Chappell
11-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Well, it looks as though everyone did really well again this week, so that's great. However, Gregg did not make his picks, and I failed to PM him as a reminder. I am really sorry, Gregg; I had every intention of doing so, but I was out in the deer woods all day Saturday, and it simply slipped my mind. Sorry.

At any rate, I'll have the stats up tomorrow or the next day.

Darin Chappell
11-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Ooooppss!!!

I almost forgot about the two games tomorrow!!

Thursdays games:

Green Bay @ Detroit

Miami @ Dallas

Go ahead and make these two picks, if you will, and I'll have the rest of the week's games up ASAP!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!

Darin Chappell
11-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Here are mine:

Green Bay

Dallas

Who's next?!?!?

kenster
11-26-2003, 08:11 PM
ok I'm next:

Green Bay (although it is tough to go against the Lions on Turkey day)

Dallas

Sasheena
11-27-2003, 01:37 AM
Green Bay (Of course! What more could a sick girl want on the week of her 35th birthday, 2 weeks into the most miserable flu in all of creation!)

Oh, and, um.... Miami. I'll dream of the nice balmy warm days I'm already missing here in Arizona.

Okay, so I'm delierious with a fever of 102.... But my pick stands, yellow tights and fake fishies.

Dragondad
11-27-2003, 10:00 AM
Green Bay

Dallas

Sasheena
11-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Is there a backup plan to make sure we all get our picks in this weekend even though this site might be unreliable during the weekend?

Darin Chappell
11-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Last week's results:

Darin -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (101 of 161 -- 62.7% cummulative)

Ken -- 13 of 16 -- 81.3% (87 of 144 -- 60.4%)

Rob -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (52 of 88 -- 59.1%)

Michael -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (71 of 142 -- 50.0%)

Sasheena -- 13 of 16 -- 81.3% (50 of 88 -- 56.8%)

Gregg -- NO PICKS -- (49 of 122 -- 40.2%)

The rest of this week's schedule will be up in just a few minutes. If you should be unable to post your picks for whatever reason, you can email them to me at:

dkchappell@aol.com

Sorry everything was so late, folks! I'll explain everything as soon as can.

Darin Chappell
11-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Here is this week's remaining schedule for you to consider:

New England @ Indianapolis

Buffalo @ N.Y. Giants

Philadelphia @ Carolina

Atlanta @ Houston

New Orleans @ Washington

Kansas City @ San Diego

Tampa Bay @ Jacksonville

Minnesota @ St. Louis

Cincinatti @ Pittsburgh

San Francisco @ Baltimore

Arizona @ Chicago

Denver @ Oakland

Cleveland @ Seattle

Monday Night:

Tennessee @ N.Y. Jets

Darin Chappell
11-28-2003, 02:05 PM
Here are my picks for the rest of the week:

Indianapolis -- Tough call . . . home field sways me again

N.Y. Giants

Philadelphia

Houston

New Orleans

Kansas City

Tampa Bay

St. Louis

Cincinatti

Baltimore

Chicago

Oakland -- They'll be up for the Broncos!

Seattle

Monday Night:

Tennessee

Darin Chappell
11-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Everyone,

I'm really sorry for the difficulties in getting everything set up for this week's picks. I had my very first allergic reaction to shell fish this past weekend, and it put me in the emergency room twice in the last several days because of it! It was really scary when everything swelled almost to the point that I could not see, hear, or smell anything. When my throat started to swell, it was more than I wanted to ever experience!

At any rate, I'm fine now, and everything is back on track. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and here's to football!!!

drizzt_19
11-30-2003, 01:55 AM
Darin,

Sorry I forgot to post sunday's pick's...This week was a little hectic with working in the restuant and all during the turkey season...Here are this weeks pics:

Indianapolis

N.Y. Giants

Philadelphia

Atlanta

Washington

San Diego

Tampa Bay

St. Louis

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Chicago

Oakland

Seattle

Monday Night:

N.Y. Jets

Sasheena
11-30-2003, 10:57 AM
I sent the picks once, but they got devoured by the big beast, sent em also to Darrin, but silly me didn't keep a copy, and since we all KNOW how scientific my picks are... I guess I'll have to make a new bunch of picks!

New England

Buffalo

Philadelphia

Houston

New Orleans

Kansas City

Tampa Bay

Minnesota

Pittsburgh

San Francisco

Chicago

Denver

Cleveland

Tennessee

kenster
11-30-2003, 12:05 PM
heres mine..I had to remember to wake up early to get them in by 1;)

Indy

Giants

Carolina

Huston

Redskins

KC

Tampa Bay

Cinci

49ers

Arizona

Raiders

Seahawks

Titans

elrojo
12-01-2003, 07:15 PM
I wish I'd seen this earlier, but was tempted to pick every winner now (Monday). I went 5-2-1 ATS this week. My lock of the week was the Seahawks. After blowing the huge lead (and getting robbed TWICE by officials) I had a feeling they'd come to play. Tonite's game scares me. Everything says Titans (with or w/o McNair) but when the spread is that close (-1) for such a talent difference, I tend to shy away. And I haven't seen the Jets this year except in a couple of bad preformances, so they're probably better than I think.

Darin Chappell
12-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Chip,

We've all been a little spotty on our picking frequency, so the percentages of games picked is the basis for the ranking on the outcomes. As crazy as it sounds, the fewer weeks picked may be the better plan of attack this year!

So, if you'd like, feel free to submit your picks on the coming weeks' games! We'll be happy to add you to the mix.

elrojo
12-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Wash @ NYG .... Giants

Bengals @ Ravens ....Bengals in a squeaker

Dallas @ Philly ....Eagles

Oakland at Pitt ....Steelers

Chargers @ Lions ....Chargers (cuz I feel even sorrier for fans)

Bears @ Packers ....Packers in a rout! Ahman Greens' huge day

Seahawks @ Vikings ....Seahawks break road curse

Houston @ Jax ...Jags will win... but not cover...

Bucs @ Saints ...Bucs rebound (somewhat)

Ariz @ 49ers ...49ers by double digits

Jets @ Bills ...J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets!

Fish @ Pats ...Pats, I guess, in another wild finish

KC at Donkos ...KC

Pants @ Falcons ...Pants D too much for a healing Vick

Rams @ Browns ...Everything says Rams, so I'll go with Cleveland!

Darin Chappell
12-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Here are the total results from last week:

Darin -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3% (110 of 177 -- 62.1% cummulative)

Ken -- 6 of 16 -- 37.5% (93 of 160 -- 58.1%)

Rob -- 1 of 2 -- 50.0% (53 of 90 -- 58.9%)

Michael -- 0 of 2 -- 0.0% (71 of 144 -- 49.3%)

Sasheena -- 8 of 16 -- 50.0% (58 of 104 -- 55.8%)

Gregg -- 6 of 16 -- 37.5% (55 of 138 -- 39.9%)

Continued good luck everyone! Chip, I'll add your totals to the next set of results.

Darin Chappell
12-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Chip already posted the games, but since I am a bit of a "rainman-type" and I need to do things according to my routine, or I'll start screaming about the People's Court and Wal-Mart . . . Here are this week's games for your consideration everyone! :D

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans

Dallas @ Philadelphia

Seattle @ Minnesota

Cincinnati @ Baltimore

Chicago @ Green Bay

Arizona @ San Francisco

N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo

Carolina @ Atlanta

Washington @ N.Y. Giants

Oakland @ Pittsburgh

Houston @ Jacksonville

San Diego @ Detroit

Indianapolis @ Tennessee

Miami @ New England

Kansas City @ Denver

Monday:

St. Louis @ Cleveland

Thanks for getting us started for the week, Chip! It's going to be a real shame beating your pick percentages, Buddy! I mean, you being a locale cornsnake guy and all . . . ;)

:bluegrab:

Darin Chappell
12-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Here's mine:

Tampa Bay -- Could go either way

Dallas -- Probably all wet on this one, but . . .

Seattle

Cincinnati -- Coin flip

Green Bay

San Francisco

N.Y. Jets

Atlanta -- Close one, but I think Vick makes the difference here

N.Y. Giants

Pittsburgh -- Home field sways me again

Houston -- Another coin flip

Detroit -- Don't you just LOVE Marty-ball?

Indianapolis -- Total coin flip!

New England -- But I HOPE Miami wins this one

Kansas City -- Tough game, but I think we'll pull it out

Monday:

St. Louis

What a GREAT week of football ahead! The ONLY thing about it is that we are getting closer to the end of the season!!!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Here's to football!!!

diamondback1
12-05-2003, 06:33 PM
I've been watching the predictions on here for some time but have not posted my pics. Today I'm going to give it a shot.

New Orleans

Philadelphia

Minnesota

Cincinatti

Green Bay

San Fran

Buffalo

Carolina

Giants

Pittsburgh (unfortunately)

Houston

Detroit

Indy

New England (unfortunately)

Kansas City

Look for me on t.v. in the Patriots/Dolphins game. I'll be the one in the first row behind the Dolphins bench wearing Dolphins colors getting food thrown at me by the Patriots fans.:)

Dragondad
12-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Tampa Bay

Dallas

Seattle

Baltimore

Green Bay

San Fran

Buffalo

Carolina

Giants

Oakland

Jacksonville

Detroit

Tennessee

Miami

Denver

ST Louis

elrojo
12-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Didn't realize you typically post the upcoming games before we all pick. Boxer shorts. Yeah, I'll refrain from that next week, yeah. :p

If I weren't certain God would punish me (probably 0-16), I'd say put your hatchlings where your mouth is!
:idea:

kenster
12-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Wow betting hatchlings now are we?! Although since i did miss out on those amel het bloodred, motley hatchlings last year....hmmm

Anyway on to my picks

Tampa Bay

Dallas

Seahawks

Cinci

Green Bay

49'ers

Jets

Panthers

Giants

Raiders

Jags

Lions

Colts

Miami

KC

Rams

Yup that it for me..

Sasheena
12-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans

Dallas @ Philadelphia

Seattle @ Minnesota

Cincinnati @ Baltimore

Chicago @ Green Bay

Arizona @ San Francisco

N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo

Carolina @ Atlanta

Washington @ N.Y. Giants

Oakland @ Pittsburgh

Houston @ Jacksonville

San Diego @ Detroit

Indianapolis @ Tennessee

Miami @ New England

Kansas City @ Denver

Monday:

St. Louis @ Cleveland

Dragondad
12-08-2003, 05:06 PM
I may have sucked on the picks but did you see the hurt the Broncos put on your Chiefs?

And have it missed the running totals of the weeks, been very busy and not paying too much attention to things.

Darin Chappell
12-09-2003, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I saw it all right! But, let the record show that for the last fourteen weeks, I have refrained from rubbing anyone's nose in it too much. :D

One game does not make a season, but THAT game stunk, and it aggrivates me that they came out so flat in the second half!!!

Dragondad
12-09-2003, 06:45 AM
To be honest I didnt get to see much of the first half.
I was amazed that their offense didnt move the ball and at least get more first downs. I think it was a situation there at the end that the defense was on the field too many minutes. I had to pick Denver out of loyalty, really believing that if they played their best they could win, but if they play flat like they do most of the time wouldnt stand a chance. But I with Denver, KC and Oakland they always seem to surprise each other and do the most unexpected things.

Dragondad
12-13-2003, 02:26 PM
I dont know if Darrin is busy but thought I would help if I can.

Atlanta vs Indianapolis

Buffalo vs Tennessee

Detroit vs Kansas City

Houston vs Tampa Bay

Jacksonville vs New England

Minnesota vs Chicago

Pittsburgh vs New York Jets

Seattle vs St Louis

San Franscisco vs Cinncinnati

Baltimore vs Oakland

Cleveland vs Denver

Carolina vs Arizona

Dallas vs Washington

Green Bay vs San Diego

New York Giants vs New Orleans

Philadelphia vs Miami

Dragondad
12-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Colts

Tennessee

Kansas City

Tampa Bay

New England

Minnesota

Pittsburgh

St Louis

San Francisco

Baltimore

Denver

Carolina

Dallas

Green Bay

Giants

Philly

elrojo
12-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Patriots

Jets

Redskins

Bengals

Vikings

Rams

Titans

Cheifs

Ravens

Pants

Packers

Saints

Eagles

cka
12-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Hey, weren't there some "gentlemens agreements" goin' last week?...Hehe here's my week 15's:

Colts

Titans

Chiefs

Texans

Jaguars

Steelers

Rams

Bengals

Ravens

Browns

Panthers

Skins

Packers

Saints

Monday Night: Eagles 34 Miami 24

kenster
12-13-2003, 05:32 PM
ok my turn:

Indy

Titans

KC

TB

Jax

Vikings

Steelers

Seahawks

Cinci

Ravens

Denver

Panther

Dallas

GB

Giants

Eagles

diamondback1
12-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Here are mine

Indy

Tenn

KC

Tampa

New England

Chicago

Pitt

StL

SF

Balt

Den

Car

Dallas

GB

NYG

Phil
L

Sasheena
12-14-2003, 01:05 AM
Atlanta vs Indianapolis

Buffalo vs Tennessee

Detroit vs Kansas City

Houston vs Tampa Bay

Jacksonville vs New England

Minnesota vs Chicago

Pittsburgh vs New York Jets

Seattle vs St Louis

San Franscisco vs Cinncinnati

Baltimore vs Oakland

Cleveland vs Denver

Carolina vs Arizona

Dallas vs Washington

Green Bay vs San Diego

New York Giants vs New Orleans

Philadelphia vs Miami

Darin Chappell
12-14-2003, 09:16 AM
Thank You ... Thank You ... THANK YOU!!!

I was so swamped at work and everything else that this COMPLETELY slipped my mind until this morning! I'll do the stats for last week's picks this afternoon, so I don't let it all pile up anymore than it already has. Sorry guys!

Here are my picks:

Indianapolis

Tennessee

Kansas City

Tampa Bay

Jacksonville (More of a hope than a pick, I guess!)

Chicago

New York Jets

St Louis

Cinncinnati

Baltimore

Denver

Carolina

Dallas

Green Bay

New Orleans

Philadelphia

Sasheena
12-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Goin on vacation.... Do they publish who is going to be playing in advance? I won't be able to post any messages or even access the internet *gasp*. Anyway. would love to know the games for the next two weeks so that I can make my predictions all in advance.

~Sasheena

diamondback1
12-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Sasheena, the entire season schedule is on NFL.COM

Sasheena
12-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Okay, a double dose!

Week 16 Predictions
Tampa Bay
Jets
Minnesota (KC will probably win, but I like those purple tights)
BAltimore
Carolina
New Orleans
Tenn
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
St. Louis
Buffalo
Giants
Washington
Seattle
Denver
Green Bay (Go Yellow Tights)

Week 17 Predictions
San Francisco
New England
Washington
Kansas City
New Orleans
Atlanta
St. Louis
Carolina
Green Bay
Baltimore
Cincinniti
Indianapolis
NY Jets
Tenn
Oakland
Minnesota

elrojo
12-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Percentage-wise, I was wondering? It's been a whacky season, anyone hitting over 60% is probably doing great. I study the lines a bit and underdogs have done very well ATS, the last few weeks, I'm trying to find out how they've fared SU. Best wishes.

cka
12-17-2003, 06:47 PM
10-6 for week 15...and...

"Monday Night: Eagles 34 Miami 24"

My prognostification for Monday Nite Football was pretty much dead on :*)

diamondback1
12-17-2003, 07:16 PM
I was 12-4 in week 15, 11-5 the week before.

kenster
12-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Here ar emy pics for the up coming weekend:

TB

Pats

KC

Ravens

Rams

Pathers

Miami

Jax

Dallas

Titans

Redskins

Steelers

Seahawks

Eagles

Colts

Raiders

diamondback1
12-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Here are mine.

Saturday:

Tampa Bay

New England

Kansas City

Sunday:

Baltimore

Carolina

New Orleans

Tenn.

Pitt.

Phil.

St.L

Miami

Dallas

Indy.

Chicago

Seatle

Monday:

Green Bay

Darin Chappell
12-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Well,

Here are the standings for weeks 14 and 15 for everyone:

Week 14--

Darin -- 7 of 16 -- 43.8% (117 of 193 -- 60.6% cummulative)

Rob -- NO PICKS -- (53 of 90 -- 58.9%)

Ken -- 7 of 16 -- 43.8% (100 of 176 -- 56.8%)

Sasheena -- 10 of 16 -- 62.5% (68 of 120 -- 56.7%)

Matt -- 8 of 15 -- 53.3% (8 of 15 -- 53.3%)

Chip -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3% (9 of 16 -- 56.3%)

Michael -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3% (80 of 160 -- 50.0%)

Gregg -- NO PICKS -- (55 of 138 -- 39.9%)

Week 15--

Matt -- 13 of 16 -- 81.3% (21 of 31 -- 67.7% cummulative)

Chip -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (21 of 32 -- 65.6%)

Darin -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (129 of 209 -- 61.7%)

Sasheena -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (80 of 136 -- 58.8%)

Ken -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3% (109 of 192 -- 56.8%)

Michael -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (92 of 176 -- 52.3%)

WHEW!!!

Well, that was a lot of figures to process, folks! I tell you what ... someone else may have to start this up next year! I'm worn slick!

Darin Chappell
12-19-2003, 05:35 PM
See there! I messed it up, even with all my attention to detail!!!

Sorry, Chris! I left you off. However, I went back and double checked your picks for week 15, and you went 8 of 15, giving you a 53.3% for your picks. If I've missed something, please let me know, and I'll correct myself!

Here are the UPDATED week 15 standings:

Matt -- 13 of 16 -- 81.3% (21 of 31 -- 67.7% cummulative)

Chip -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (21 of 32 -- 65.6%)

Darin -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (129 of 209 -- 61.7%)

Sasheena -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (80 of 136 -- 58.8%)

Ken -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3% (109 of 192 -- 56.8%)

Chris -- 8 of 15 -- 53.3 (8 of 15 -- 53.3)

Michael -- 12 of 16 -- 75.0% (92 of 176 -- 52.3%)

Sorry for the confusion on my part, everyone!

Darin Chappell
12-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Here are my week 16 picks:

Saturday --

Tampa Bay

Kansas City

New England

Sunday --

Baltimore

St. Louis

Carolina

Miami

New Orleans

Dallas

Tennessee

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Seattle

Philadelphia

Indianapolis

Monday --

Green Bay

As to the betting of hatchlings, or whatever, let me just set something straight! :D

I am not putting my hatchlings where my mouth is (Salmonella and all ... don't ya know!), and I'm not betting anything of monetary value. Ken and I did say that which ever of us lost over the season, would have to wear the other's team jersey in a picture to be placed on THIS forum, were it shall remain for all time! Uh ... Ken ... do you want that Priest Holmes jersey in red or white? :D

Whatever the rest of you want to conjure up over the rest of the regular season and the playoffs, you're on your own! Good luck everyone!

Copperheadman
12-19-2003, 05:50 PM
It just so happens that I have a Priest Holmes Jersey!!!!..GO KC!!!

Darin Chappell
12-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Just a little house cleaning here ...

Matt, you wrote:

"I was 12-4 in week 15, 11-5 the week before."

Now I went back and double checked your posts for those weeks and I found that you were -- 8-7 in week 14 and 13-3 in week 15.

Please go back and see if I made some kind of mistake. You're probably like me and have picks going on several boards. It's hard for me to keep everything straight from week to week, so I know how it can go!

;)

cka
12-19-2003, 07:32 PM
lol...the gentlemens agreement was just a cheap lookin' way to move some of the last of the corns hehe...53%?...ouch

Week 16 picks

Bucs

Patriots

Chiefs

Ravens

Panthers

Jags

Texans

Steelers

Eagles

Rams

Bills

Giants

Bears

Seahawks

Colts

Monday Nite: Packers

Happy Holidays all :)

diamondback1
12-19-2003, 07:45 PM
Darin, it was my mistake as I got my picks mixed up.

Dragondad
12-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Tampa

KC

New England

Cleveland

St Louis

Carolina

Miami

New Orleans

Dallas

Tennessee

Washington

Pittsburgh

Seattle

Philly

Denver

Green Bay

elrojo
12-21-2003, 11:42 AM
Bills
Ravens
Bears
Rams
Pants
Saints
Titans
Steelers
Eagles
Seabags
Colts
Packers

PS: Darin, where are you?

Darin Chappell
12-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Where am I as in "Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?" or where do I live?

I'm still around the boards, but things have been crazy at work! Where I live is in the Ozark Mts. If you're coming anywhere near here, let me know in advance, and I'll have you bring me some real okeetees!

Darin Chappell
12-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Here are the standings after week 16:

Matt -- 11 of 16 -- 68.8% (32 of 47 -- 68.1% cummulative)

Chip -- 8 of 12 -- 66.7% (29 of 44 -- 65.9%)

Darin -- 11 of 16 -- 68.8% (140 of 225 -- 62.2%)

Sasheena -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3% (89 of 152 -- 58.6%)

Ken -- 10 of 16 -- 62.5% (119 of 208 -- 57.2%)

Chris -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3 (17 of 31 -- 54.8)

Michael -- 10 of 16 -- 62.5% (102 of 192 -- 53.1%)

Keep the picks coming, everyone, and have a Merry Christmas!!!

Darin Chappell
12-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Week 17 schedule is as follows:

Buffalo @ New England

Philadelphia @ Washington

Chicago @ Kansas City

Dallas @ New Orleans

Jacksonville @ Atlanta

St. Louis @ Detroit

Minnesota @ Arizona

Denver @ Green Bay

Seattle @ San Francisco

Tampa Bay @ Tennessee

N.Y. Jets @ Miami

Indianapolis @ Houston

Cleveland @ Cincinatti

Carolina @ N.Y. Giants

Oakland @ San Diego

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Darin Chappell
12-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Here are my picks:

New England -- But I've asked Santa for a Bills win!

Philadelphia

Kansas City

Dallas

Jacksonville

St. Louis

Minnesota

Green Bay -- The Frozen Tundra will send Jake the Snake into brumation, I think!

Seattle

Tennessee

Miami

Indianapolis

Cincinatti

Carolina

Oakland -- Can't really decide who I'd like to see lose more! :D

Baltimore

Dragondad
12-24-2003, 01:06 PM
new England

Philly

KC

Dallas

Atlanta

St Louis

Minnesota

Denver following heart here

Seattle

Tennessee

Miami

Indy

Bangals

Carolina

Oakland

Baltimore

diamondback1
12-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Here are mine:

Saturday:

New England

Philadelphia

San Fran.

Sunday:

K.C.

Dallas

Jacksonville

St.L

Minn.

Green Bay

Tenn.

Miami

Indy.

Cincinati

Oakland

Baltimore

Carolina

elrojo
12-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Patriots

Eagles

Rams

Bengals

Titans

Jags

Dolphins

Saints

Chiefs

Colts

Pants

Vikings

Packers

49ers

Chargers

Ravens

kenster
12-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Mine too:

Pats

Eagles

KC

Dallas

Jax

Rams

Minn.

GB

49er's

miami

Colts

Cinci

Giants

Raiders

Ravens

Darin Chappell
12-31-2003, 06:13 PM
Here are the standings for week 17, the end of the regular season:

Chip -- 11 of 16 -- 68.8% (40 of 60 -- 66.6% cummulative)

Matt -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3% (41 of 63 -- 65.1%)

Darin -- 10 of 16 -- 62.5% (150 of 241 -- 62.2%)

Sasheena -- 9 of 16 -- 56.3% (98 of 168 -- 58.3%)

Ken -- 7 of 16 -- 43.8% (126 of 224 -- 56.3%)

Chris -- NO PICKS -- (17 of 31 -- 54.8)

Michael -- 10 of 16 -- 62.5% (112 of 208 -- 53.8%)

For those of you whose team team(s) did not make the playoffs, you have our sympathy, but now the REAL season begins ...

BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Darin Chappell
12-31-2003, 06:15 PM
Here is the schedule for the first week of the playoffs:

Tennessee @ Baltimore

Seattle @ Green Bay

Dallas @ Carolina

Denver @ Indianapolis

Darin Chappell
12-31-2003, 06:18 PM
And, here are my picks:

Tennessee -- Assuming a healthy McNair, that is!

Green Bay

Carolina

Indianapolis

Well, we can't miss too many of these, or else it's going to be a
very bad week for the old pick percentage!

:nopity:

diamondback1
12-31-2003, 07:16 PM
Here are mine;

Baltimore

Carolina

Green Bay

Indy

Dragondad
12-31-2003, 07:23 PM
Baltimore

Seattle

Carolina

Denver

elrojo
01-01-2004, 09:34 AM
At this point we could as well be predicting a coin toss, but here goes...

Panthers (only because they are at home and have a great running game)

Titans (hate to go against home-field, but Ravens are SO erratic)

Colts (even though no one has seen Denver's starters in a while!)

Packers (my beloved Seahawks are still a year away I think, and Green Bay seems to be Destiny's team. The players are rallying around Farve since the death of his father and they had a fantastic December (peaking at the right time). And Amhan Green, Farve and others have a grudge against Holmgren. Maybe I'm a doubting Thomas, but I half expect a rout. I HOPE I'm wrong on this one!) I'm glad you have faith Dragondad! :)

Sasheena
01-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Back from vacation, 4 snakes fewer (phew, the house STANK) :(

My picks for this weekend:

Tennessee @ Baltimore

Seattle @ Green Bay

Dallas @ Carolina

Denver @ Indianapolis

Dragondad
01-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Not much in football teams,

but I seem to remember a game where Clinton Portis didnt play and Indy lost......what 31-17. And in the last week Denver sat out 6 of its offensive starters. Besides Denver has the distiction of pasting the top two team in the AFC... but then again they are Denver

Meanwhile Green Bay backing into the Playoffs can give them momentum but I would take a Holmgrem coached Seattle over Farve right now.

Darin Chappell
01-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Well, it was a great weekend of football with a few surprises to be sure! I thought it would be more fun, if I included a sub category of just the playoff picks. Kind of like a playoff of our own!

Here are the current standings, broken out by playoffs and totals:

Playoffs:

Chip -- 4 of 4 -- 100.0%

Sasheena -- 4 of 4 -- 100.0%

Darin -- 4 of 4 -- 100.0%

Matt -- 3 of 4 -- 75.0%

Michael -- 2 of 4 -- 50.0%

Totals:

Chip -- 4 of 4 -- 100.0%(44 of 64 -- 68.8% cummulative)

Matt -- 3 of 4 -- 75.0% (44 of 67 -- 65.7%)

Darin -- 4 of 4 -- 100.0% (154 of 245 -- 62.9%)

Sasheena -- 4 of 4 -- 100.0% (102 of 172 -- 59.3%)

Ken -- NO PICKS -- (126 of 224 -- 56.3%)

Michael -- 2 of 4 -- 50.0% (114 of 212 -- 53.8%)

I'll have the next week's schedule up shortly. It should be another great week for the NFL! :D

Darin Chappell
01-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Here are next week's playoff games for your consideration:

Green Bay @ Philadelphia

Carolina @ St. Louis

Tennessee @ New England

Indianapolis @ Kansas City

Darin Chappell
01-05-2004, 01:25 PM
And, here are my picks:

Philadelphia

St. Louis

Tennessee -- At least, I'm HOPING it goes this way!

Kansas City -- Manning can't call all of those audibles at Arrowhead, and Trent Green had a perfect QB rating just two weeks ago too, so the Chiefs are not as one dimensional an offence as Indy found Denver to be. However, I think this should be one of the all-time shootouts in the NFL!

redtailman
01-05-2004, 03:57 PM
philadelphia

carolina

new england

indianapolis

and it will be the philadelphia and new england in the big show down with the eagles winning it all bet the car,house,dog,cat,even the wife on that

Darin Chappell
01-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Wow! A confirmed Eagles fan from Philadelphia? Who would have thought that could be??? :D

Glad to see you and your picks, Dave!!!

Dragondad
01-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Man did my Broncos let me down.

Philly

St louis

New England, whats wrong Darin hoping KC keeps home field

And lastly drum roll please i will pick the hated KC and with the way I am picking this will be like the kiss of death

Darin Chappell
01-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Well, let's just say that I would a whole lot rather play a hurt McNair in KC than a healthy Patriots team in New England!

Thanks for the vote of confidence on your pick of KC, though Michael. With friends like that . . .

:raspberry

Bobby Douglass
01-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Well, let's just say that I would a whole lot rather play a hurt McNair in KC than a healthy Patriots team in New England!

Darin, regardless of McNair's health, the result would be a loss for the Chiefs.:kaboom:

Sasheena
01-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Green Bay @ Philadelphia

Carolina @ St. Louis

Tennessee @ New England

Indianapolis @ Kansas City

Hubby says all the teams that won this last weekend will lose this upcoming weekend, however I'm still voting for those Titans and for the Green Tights...er.. I mean the Packers. :) Those were some fun games this weekend. Strong competition in some of the games.

kenster
01-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Ok here are my picks:

Eagles

Rams

Pats

Colts

PS: Thanks for signing my guestbook Darin

diamondback1
01-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Here are mine:

Philly

St. Louis

New England

KC

elrojo
01-10-2004, 04:38 PM
1st game kicking off.

I'll take each home team! But I'm rooting for Brett!

Bobby Douglass
01-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Dang Titans do this to me every year!!!
:bandhead0 :crying: :bawling:

I'm going with the Pack and the Colts tomorrow.

redtailman
01-11-2004, 03:48 PM
im game but are you ill put up a 0.1 common boa on my eagles winning todays game over the cheeseheads.are there any takers out there and what would you put up,your thoughts!

Bobby Douglass
01-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Not me. I hope the Pack wins but I'm not very confident in them.

redtailman
01-11-2004, 04:26 PM
game score 35-17 EAGLES lol

Bobby Douglass
01-11-2004, 08:16 PM
At least you were half right.;)

redtailman
01-11-2004, 08:19 PM
i do beleave thats 4-4 this weekend oand i did say EAGLES would take it all didnt i lol :-)

GO EAGLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

god do i love this game

Sasheena
01-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Next weekend, we have

Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots
Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles

And then of course the Eagles are going to win the superbowl...

JungleHabitats
01-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Next week i see a large black pack of panthers eating eagles for lunch .... then i see a horse walking over the patriots then of course we know horses are afraid of large predatory cats .... so that puts the Cardiac Pack as there known in NC as the champs lol

kenster
01-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Here are my picks for the weekend:

Eagles

Colts

diamondback1
01-16-2004, 12:40 PM
HERE ARE MINE:

PATRIOTS

PANTHERS

redtailman
01-16-2004, 12:47 PM
eagles

pats

with the eagles winning it alllllllllllll

and thats money in the bank

Dragondad
01-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Panthers

Colts

Darin Chappell
01-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Sorry this is late, everyone ... I've had my share of computer problems this week! Not to mention the total funk in which I found myself once the CHIEFS defense let down one of the best offenses in team history -- AGAIN!!!

At any rate, here is how the standings are as of the latest week of the playoffs:

Playoffs:

Dave -- 4 of 4 -- 100.0% (4 of 4 -- 100.0% Cummulative)

Chip -- 2 of 4 -- 50.0% (6 of 8 -- 75.0%)

Ken -- 3 of 4 -- 75.0% (3 of 4 -- 75.0%)

Matt -- 2 of 4 -- 50.0% (5 of 8 -- 62.5%)

Darin -- 1 of 4 -- 25.0% (5 of 8 -- 62.5%)

Michael -- 2 of 4 -- 50.0% (4 of 8 -- 50%)

Sasheena -- 0 of 4 -- 0.0% (4 of 8 -- 50.0%)

Bobby -- 1 of 2 -- 50% (1 of 2 -- 50.0%)

Totals:

Dave -- 4 of 4 -- 100.0% (4 of 4 -- 100.0% Cummulative)

Chip -- 2 of 4 -- 50.0% (46 of 68 -- 67.6%)

Matt -- 2 of 4 -- 50.0% (46 of 71 -- 64.8%)

Darin -- 1 of 4 -- 25.0% (155 of 249 -- 62.2%)

Sasheena -- 0 of 4 -- 0.0% (102 of 176 -- 58.0%)

Ken -- 3 of 4 -- 75.0% (129 of 228 -- 56.6%)

Michael -- 2 of 4 -- 50.0% (116 of 216 -- 53.7%)

Bobby -- 1 of 2 -- 50% (1 of 2 -- 50.0%)

Well, that's where we all stand as of now. Several of you have already made your picks for this week's games. Mine are coming up soon.

Best news for the CHIEFS now? Robinson has resigned, Vermeil has signed a two-year contract extension, AND it's only 204 more days until training camp!!!!

Darin Chappell
01-16-2004, 06:01 PM
My Picks:

Patriots -- Although I am not at all sure that any team can play as well as Indy has done for three weeks in a row, I'll go on record right now, saying that if they do, they'll beat the snot out of the Patsies!

Carolina -- I think the Eagles know down deep inside that they should've lost that game, and the three-peat of losing in the final game of the NFC playoffs will jump up and bite them ... AGAIN!

In reality, each of these games will likely be great, and they could go either way in either event. Who knows?!?!?!?

Don't ya just LOVE football???

:nuts:

Bobby Douglass
01-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Panthers and Colts

redtailman
01-18-2004, 05:34 PM
i did say pats would win. now for my eagles to win

23-13 eagles

JungleHabitats
01-18-2004, 06:37 PM
well i blowed it on the colts ... or should i say Payton blowed it for the colts ....

Panthers 27
Eagles 24
one overtime and panthers kick fieldgoal to win it in the first 3 mins of the overtime lol

Panthers Vs Patriots

Panthers 17
Patriots 10

results .. Panthers bring the lombardi to be put on display in the field house

thats my story and im sticking to it

redtailman
01-18-2004, 10:17 PM
ok so what my eagles lost once again dam bums.BUT IM STILL AN EAGLES FAN AT HEART.

pats better kick some ass

but what the hell we always got nextyear right? lol

JungleHabitats
01-18-2004, 10:58 PM
ok so i missed the score ... but IN HOUSTON PANTHERS RULE!!!!!!!!! go panthers .....

Darin Chappell
01-19-2004, 12:32 PM
As of the League Championship games, here are the standings for all our picks:

Playoffs:

Dave -- 1 of 2 -- 50.0% (5 of 6 -- 83.3% Cummulative)

Chip -- NO PICK -- (6 of 8 -- 75.0%)

Matt -- 2 of 2 -- 100.0% (7 of 10-- 70.0%)

Darin -- 2 of 2 -- 100.0% (7 of 10 -- 70.0%)

Michael -- 1 of 2 -- 50.0% (5 of 10 -- 50%)

Bobby -- 1 of 2 -- 50% (2 of 4 -- 50.0%)

Alan -- 1 of 2 -- 50.0% (1 of 2 -- 50.0%)

Ken -- 0 of 2 -- 0.0% (3 of 6 -- 50.0%)

Sasheena -- 0 of 2 -- 0.0% (4 of 10 -- 40.0%)

Totals:

Dave -- 1 of 2 -- 50.0% (5 of 6 -- 83.3% Cummulative)

Chip -- NO PICK -- (46 of 68 -- 67.6%)

Matt -- 2 of 2 -- 100.0% (48 of 73 -- 65.8%)

Darin -- 2 of 2 -- 100.0% (157 of 251 -- 62.5%)

Sasheena -- 0 of 2 -- 0.0% (102 of 178 -- 57.3%)

Ken -- 0 of 2 -- 0.0% (129 of 230 -- 56.1%)

Michael -- 1 of 2 -- 50.0% (117 of 218 -- 53.7%)

Bobby -- 1 of 2 -- 50% (2 of 4 -- 50.0%)

Alan -- 1 of 2 -- 50.0% (1 of 2 -- 50.0%)

One more game to go!

We have two weeks before the Superbowl, so make your picks whenever you want up to kickoff time. Since there is but one game this time, let's all put our score predictions in the mix as well as the usual winner/loser pick. That way, we'll have a manner in which to break any ties that occur.

It's been fun, folks! I'm really glad to have done this for the season, and I'm especially glad that we've picked up interest all along the way!

Sasheena
01-19-2004, 03:13 PM
My prediction is the Panthers will RULE, and the score will be: 24-17

There. :)

Dragondad
01-25-2004, 06:04 PM
I am going to go with the Patriots 24-10

JungleHabitats
01-25-2004, 10:06 PM
ok well i have to say

Panthers - 28
patriots - 17

Darin Chappell
01-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Well, after two weeks of thinking about this, I have come to the following conclusions:

My head tells me that the Patriots are going to win.

BUT

My gut tells me the Panthers are going to win.

So, since my gut is WAY bigger than my head (:D), I guess I'll have to go with the Panthers to win it all by a score of 24-17.

Bring on those commercials!!!

:crazy03:

kenster
01-30-2004, 06:38 PM
Darin, I won't even touch your last comment! I will go with the Pats here. I figure they have Tom Brady and he is a Michigan man so that will be who i root for.

Heck with the comercials..bring on the cheerleaders:D

JungleHabitats
01-30-2004, 06:58 PM
its a jungle out there and no room for a patriot ..... sorry

diamondback1
01-30-2004, 09:46 PM
The Panthers remind a lot of how the Patriots looked a couple of years ago but I'm still going with the PATRIOTS to win 24-19.

diamondback1
02-04-2004, 07:44 PM
This has been fun. Hope we do it again next season.