PDA

View Full Version : NEW Spotted Python!

crazycorn
09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Just got a CB03 spotted python and thought i would share a picture. not the best but atleast is a picture. ;)
http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/3343Pie.jpg
Enjoy!

MR_Jungle_Mist
09-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I think these are some of the best pythons to own! They're just so good tempered, look nice, have a good python-ish face, eat well, and do really good in captivity. If I could I'd have a house full of the little Antaresia buggers! Still waiting for those Stimson's and Anthills! :D

Enjoy your new little guy!

crazycorn
09-29-2003, 03:35 PM
LOL I dont know about good tempered this little thing sometime lunges at nothing. It is my FIRST python so I am so very excited! It is yet to eat for me (But i have only had it for 2 days LOL I am antsy!) How/When can you tell if it is male or female the guy said it looks female but then i read a post spmewhere that you can really tell that way? Thanks again!

MR_Jungle_Mist
09-30-2003, 10:44 AM
It's tough and inaccurate to just look at them and tell. Some people have gotten good at it, but it's not a 100% thing to be able to tell. Then again...maybe some have good luck with being able to tell! I dunno....

No worries on the lunging. She'll settle down quickly with some handling. And feeding should start to pick up soon.

But you've picked a good first python! But, again, I'm biased.

Jay1600
10-03-2003, 12:30 AM
The only accurate way is through probing if im not mistaken.....there may be other ways buy thats what id go by. Probeing isnt really all that important if its going to be a pet the only time I feel youd really .need to know what sex it is ,is if you decide to breed it and want to get it a mate and it should only be done by someones whos experianced at probing snakes.

Jay

OzPython
01-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Sometimes you can tell from tail length, but probing is the only way to be sure. I have a male and a female and I find my male is much more aggressive than my female she has only bitten me once in three years.

This is my male biting the hand that feeds him :D

Rattlesnake
02-16-2004, 12:34 AM
good picture of his head-----