PDA

View Full Version : The Zetas

Lucille
11-25-2011, 03:01 PM
This cartel is pretty scary. There doesn't seem to be a good way to prepare against them- reportedly a truck full of them will just drive up and start shooting. They target totally innocent people sometimes, or sometimes the families of competitors, and it seems like the way they deal with law enforcement is to either buy them or kill them.

There have been entire police departments in small towns in Mexico walk off the job rather than deal with them.

They seem to have been spawned by the choice of the US government to criminalize marijuana possession. Illegal drugs are a profitable business.

Apparently there was an incident involving them recently in the Houston area, so they are here, I'm sure, to stay.

It bothers me that the US government is spending huge amounts of money hassling small farming operations, and the common man in general, and has let a threat that is way more serious than a little bit of goat's milk cheese get a foothold in Texas.

WebSlave
11-26-2011, 02:00 AM
I think I'd rather have people able to get legally stoned then to have the violence that the illegal trade promotes. But again, just follow the money...