PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

redtailman
12-22-2003, 01:22 PM
ok here it gos my wife was playing with my 6ft nothern pine and she forgot to lock the cage back up when she was done and now shes gone its been about 2 months now well just the other week i thought i heard something in the basement so went down there and what do you know there she was under the house as i went to try and grab her she took off hideing again is there anyway i can get her to come out with food or anything or do i just have to sit back and wait

debsreprescue
12-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Not sure where I read this, I think it was in Reptiles magazine. Try a container that she would fit in..cut a hole just big enough for her to squeeze through..open the lid and throw in a good sized meal for her..Supposedly after she eats she won't be able to get back out through the hole. Not sure how safe this is, I'd be worried about her getting her head back through the hole and then getting stuck where her meal is sitting in her stomach. But I guess if you're checking on it often enough it might work. So it's up to you..but I figure it might be worth a try. I've also read that you could spread flour on the floor and follow her tracks the next day. I've also heard about using a large upright container with a stick or something leading to the top from the outside and put food in the bottom so when she goes in to eat she can't get back out but considering she's 6 ft, you'd need a very deep container. Hope one of these ideas helps you... Maybe someone else out there has experience with this and can give you better advice. Good luck and keep us posted...

Debbie