PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I Get My Snakes Cool Enought!

tdeppen
12-29-2003, 08:57 PM
I have all of my snakes burmateing right now and it doesnt get that cold in savannah, ga. the coldest i can get it is 65, and that wont cut it. I was wondering if there was any plans to buld a cooling box or chamber to get them cool enought and keep it cool. i have come up with some intresting ideas, but was wondering if anyone else has run into the same problem. So i need help.
thad
T_DEPPEN@YAHOO.COM

Mark and Aimee
12-30-2003, 11:20 AM
A window air conditioner in a small room may do the job...

If that isn't feasible - you just might have to start looking into making a cooling box out of a refridgerator. Can't help you with that one!

John Apple
12-30-2003, 06:40 PM
I would assume it gets down to at least the fourties
so just leave a window cracked in a back room or a basement and put the animals close enough to the window to where they will get down to 50 at night.
this is what I do in my basement in the winter up here in Michigan and the cool down to 50-65 degrees average is 55 and for the past three years all females have produced[obsoleta morphs and e. guttata morphs] plus a couple pairs of Cal. Kings.
this works well for me up here, it's an idea though

tdeppen
12-30-2003, 07:13 PM
well it does get below 50 here, but during the day it can get up to 75. and in the garage the temp goes up and down on how hot/cool it is out side. i was still thinking about turning a old fridge, by cutting holes in it, into a cooling box.
thad