PDA

View Full Version : New Worlds Largest Snake ??????

rtrader4sale2
12-30-2003, 09:27 PM
I was looking at the CNN.COM and found this article just thought its interesting heres the link http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/southeast/12/29/offbeat.giant.snake.ap/index.html

if link doesnt work just go to cnn.com and search biggest snake hope you enjoy article

snakeman52646
12-31-2003, 04:01 PM
Here is a pic I got out of the newspaper. You be the judge.
billie.

snakeman52646
12-31-2003, 04:08 PM
It says the pic is to big. If you have not seen it and want to e-mail me at: snakeman52646@yahoo.com
and I will send you the pic.
thanks,
billie.

John Apple
12-31-2003, 05:54 PM
They also had a pic or two of the snake spralled across a table in the 'primitive zoo'. I saw the pics and it looks authentic

man an almost 50 foot snake

pitbulllady
12-31-2003, 09:10 PM
I've seen accurately-measured retics in the 20-23 ft. range which look pretty much the same size as this one, so I'd figure it's actual size to be more in that range. One pic I've seen(via Kingsnake.com)showed the snake with its head very close to a person(outside the cage)and its head didn't look any larger than that of a 20-ft. retic. I'd have expected one over twice that size to have a much bigger head. All of the photos of this snake have been taken so as to make the snake look much larger than it really is. Furthermore, I saw a pic today in our newspaper, and it showed a guy IN the cage with the snake, petting it, and the snake was paying him no mind at all. Now, I have a couple of retics, and I've had others and been around plenty more, so I know their temperament pretty well. This is supposed to be a WC snake, and I've yet to see a WC adult retic that you could just go in the cage with and pet like that; most are HIGHLY defensive inside their cages-either that or they think that anything that enters the cage is FOOD. Now, CB retics, or maybe one that was captured while very young and worked with a whole lot, can be a different story, but even they have intense feeding responses. My guess is that this snake is a CB specimen, NOT WC as claimed, and that it is between 20-25 ft. long-still a BIG snake, but nowhere near the almost 50 ft. claimed.

Sharon McKenzie

tdeppen
01-01-2004, 03:11 PM
I bet it is really mean!

herpcondo
01-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone,,,
Here is a video i came across with some more info on the 49ft retic,,, go to this link and click on the pic to launch a video of the actual animal,, and it is a pretty big animal...! sure looks like 50ft!
enjoy,,
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3845750/

Vince
01-03-2004, 11:54 AM
I belive it is as large as they say,but then again it says retics are known to eat humans, i never knew about that and Its crazy how differnt the US is, if someone feed there snake 3 or 4 dogs a month they would get locked up for it. over there i guess they eat them like we eat fried chicken.

rtrader4sale2
01-03-2004, 02:10 PM
They said the snake is not wild but been captive and praised by villagers as a leader so thats why it is so "friendly" and not attacking them. I think it is real sure looks big enough to me.